Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2017

If Nick Lachey is 5'9" and Peta is 5'7", she will be taller than him in heels.

From the GMA video, it sounds like Jonathan was going to dance but he hurt his shoulder. Don't know if Drew is filling in, or they were both doing the show. The Scott brothers are 6'5"! The former NBA player is 4" shorter.

Cheryl may end up not being on the season. It will be a few hours before I can double check into it but she's without last I heard

Yes, but only by an inch-ish.

From the GMA video, it sounds like Jonathan was going to dance but he hurt his shoulder. Don't know if Drew is filling in, or they were both doing the show. The Scott brothers are 6'5"! The former NBA player is 4" shorter.

Cheryl may end up not being on the season. It will be a few hours before I can double check into it but she's without last I heard

Hmm. :scratchin I wonder if the original pairing was going to be something like this:

(I will be surprised if the former NBA player is a contender. He was injured in 2012, played another season then basically has sat on the sidelines, coached the NY Knicks for 2 seasons, was fired, and now is a commentator/analyst. So, I'm not putting him in this equation below. He's paired with Sharna whose never won a Mirror Ball trophy yet.)

Drew & Emma (As reigning champ, she gets a contender.)
Jonathan & Peta
Nick Lachey & Cheryl (It would be fun to see if she could win again with the Lachey brother. :hyper: )

Now THAT would have been a formidable line up, especially with Mark back and getting a contender too. :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: All 4 or them have won the Mirror Ball trophy in the past and/or placed in the Finals too.

Jonathan bowed out due to his injury. Jonathan & Peta

And since Peta, being one of the tallest female dance pros, and she won't do this season unless she gets a contender, she got --> Nick Lachey by default.

Cheryl probably told the producers she would also only come back if she gets a contender, so she may now be out. :( :scratchin

Last edited:

Very few ballroom dancers (latin & standard) dance in 4 inch heels. 3 and 1/2 inches is typically the highest shoes go unless they're custom. Beyond that point even for an advanced dancer it limits hip movement especially. 3 inches is more typical. Women competing in 2.5 inch heels is not even unheard of in professional categories, especially in standard dances.

Men also have a small "heel" for latin & standard dance shoes. 1 inch is normal for standard, and 1.5 to 2 inches is normal for latin. They'll be nearly the same height.

mandy200587 has come up with half the stars & pairings ("confirmed" as much as can be confirmed before the official GMA announcement.) :dance3: :woohoo::hyper: :yay:

Drew and Emma
Nick and Peta
Vanessa and Maks
Nikki and Artem
Jordan and Lindsay
Derek and Sharna
Frankie and Witney
Victoria and Val

I'm rooting for Drew, but I'm kind of interested to see how Frankie does. I remember him from those silly Agent Cody Banks movies. I watched them with my son when he was little.

The others are just meh to me at this point. Although, they always seem to reel me in over the course of the season.

Cheryl's partner, confirmed this morning on GMA is: Terrell Owens - former NFL football player.

He'll be a good one to watch

Yeah, but they always give Cheryl the big & tall football players. As well as she choreographs them to their best, they often look like an awkward pairing as the guys are too big to really be dancing with her. I often think she hasn't won in the last few years because of that. She looked like Hermione dancing with Hagrid. :badpc: Terrell is 6'3". :headache:

When Donald Driver won, he was paired with Peta.

Can't wait for this season to start although I will miss Sasha! I love how he is with his partners.

Very true on the height issue - especially in the smooth dances!

Which ones are missing?? I don't want to go digging through the posts

From page 1

The Stars & their Pro Partners are:
Drew Scott & Emma Slater (confirmed on GMA)
Nick Lachey & Peta
Vanessa Mannillo Lachey & Maks
Nikki Bella & Artem
Jordan Fisher & Lindsay
Derek Fisher & Sharna
Frankie Muniz & Witney
Victoria Arlen & Val
Barbara Corcoran & Keo
Terrell Owens & Cheryl

I just saw a blurb about Debbie Gibson possibly being Alan's partner. Based on the pink striped bag in the photo!

Okay I'm blonde! i totally forgot tomorrow is the full cast announcement...i'm going to blame it on exhaustion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter