DIS-Meet Junior – June 2014 Girls Trip ~ Updated 1/21: See Ya Real Soon!

Those pictures of the girls with Minnie are So. Stinking. Cute. I actually like Aria's grump face And I love Izzy's face when she's looking at Minnie's matching dress-- AND her face in the SSE pic. So joyful!

I LOVE SSE. I have searched high and low for a recording of Dame Judy narrating.... It's just so soothing

Hey! Gracie has that same "Minnie" dress and I was going to use it for our trip but Jackie gave me a hand me down minnie dress from CeCe and it's too adorable not to use! So, no target dress. Although I do love how perfectly it matches minnie in your pictures!!

Oh also, we should coordinate our Jedi training plans soon... only 12 days left for us!!! Yay!!!

I only have a handful of pics to add, so I'll put them in my reply:

But she got in there with her mom's help :)
Proof that she did walk up eventually:

Oh, I like this Photopass because it is one of the rare photos where Izzy's actually looking at the camera:

Izzy managed to get in there, was that a high five or just a happy smile
I think Goofy enticed her with his ears:

I think the CM was confused by our group, as another kid came up to meet Goofy in the middle of their meet.

That was so strange! :rotfl: But I think in that picture, I was showing Izzy how brave he was to walk right up to Goofy (since she wouldn't).

I'm surprised that this appears to be the only group shot we got with Minnie :laughing::

Our final stop for the evening was Spaceship Earth! No wait!
Spaceship Earth selfie:

But, apparently I don't exist in the future :(
I think they had issues with Dugette & Izzys pics too :(
Yep, we didn't show up at all. I actually videotaped our little thing and it was only cartoon character heads, so no need to post it. :sad2:

Those were apparently the best I got? Haha.
I think so, since that appears to be the one in my final product:

Plus some odd lighting by Dugettes head...
Yeah, those nighttime SE Photopass often seem to have weird disappearing head things going on. :rotfl2:

Cute pics from the meet. Those faces Aria was giving Minnie before getting tickled are hilarious!

Izzy is reminding me a lot of how Delilah was on this trip. She was very excited about the characters until she got close to them and realized how big they are! Then she got a little nervous and needed someone to hold her to get close enough for a photo.

Thanks for the updates!! GG was a lot of fun, but definitely not easy w/ an under 2 yo not in a high chair for you. Thanks for already agreeing to a regular table to Maya can be in a high chair lol! Not sure how I would handle Maya in my lap trying to eat all my yummy stuff and trying to cut up aria's plate too. But, looking back at the food at GG, Maya would have loved the sweet potato fries and broccoli! I'll have to remember that for the next trip, depending on our breakfast here it might have to be visited twice - LOVE Chip & Dale too, I think they are the best characters for M&G's.
No problem with sitting at a table with a high chair for Maya - whatever makes the meal most pleasant for everyone! :goodvibes Chip and Dale are great, for sure! :thumbsup2

Glad the food post sounded yummy hahaha, I guess I was hungry at work!!
Made me hungry at work too. :rotfl:

I mentioned asking for sriracha when we go to Ohana, knowing that Kona has it I am hoping that Ohana will give it too (vs the standard hot sauce). I used to carry around little packets of Frank's red hot sauce (which I also like) but the packets went bad and I never bought more of them. boo! I need to keep my eye out at places if they put out yummy packets of hot sauce though because they were really nice to have! Breakfast potatoes PLUS good hot sauce = heaven for me!! (I think I'll go look online to see what I can find lol)
Well, if I come across any of those packets, you can have them. I'm not much one for heavy spice. Some is okay, but burning my mouth out, not so much. (But for a Minnesotan, that actually means I have a "high" spice tolerance, since the joke here is that ketchup is too spicy for most people. :laughing:)

Yes, sorry, I meant at DHS when we get there around lunchtime. The menu at the BDL doesn't look amazing (although I would be happy to swing by and hand you the TiW card if they'll take it) and I don't think either girl will be up for a sit-down meal anyway, but just something quick to grab. I looked at WDWinfo website yesterday and noted some things in each park that looked good (at CS places) - didn't find much at DHS, but Rosie's has a fried green tomato sandwich with jalapeno ranch supposedly, so I might veer that way upon entering. Either that, or a Mickey pretzel and popcorn lol!
You know, I'm not sure if they take TiW at the lounge. They have the restaurant on the list, but not the lounge specifically. We don't plan to order too much anyway, so it's fine either way. Given we have both breakfast and dinner at H&V this day, we don't need a heavy lunch.

oops, adding: I never really used the placemat things for aria so haven't even tried them for maya - but I do have a small stack to bring. thanks!
Okay, sounds good. I remember them being handy with Izzy when she was starting to eat at the table, but tended to knock plates to the ground, etc. At least it was a large clean surface for her to smear food around. :rotfl:

Thank you for catching up!! Dugette, you should check out her report! <3
Will do! (Though I am way behind on most that I follow, but I'll at least subscribe for now).

Those pictures of the girls with Minnie are So. Stinking. Cute. I actually like Aria's grump face And I love Izzy's face when she's looking at Minnie's matching dress-- AND her face in the SSE pic. So joyful!
Thanks! I love the cute little toddler faces they both are making throughout this trip.

I LOVE SSE. I have searched high and low for a recording of Dame Judy narrating.... It's just so soothing
We've been listening to the Four Parks, One World soundtrack in the car lately and Spaceship Earth just came on tonight.

Hey! Gracie has that same "Minnie" dress and I was going to use it for our trip but Jackie gave me a hand me down minnie dress from CeCe and it's too adorable not to use! So, no target dress. Although I do love how perfectly it matches minnie in your pictures!!
Yes, use Jackie's dress, I'm sure it's amazing, knowing her. :thumbsup2 Bring the other one as a backup in case of a spill or something. :rotfl: I was surprised how well it matched Minnie's dress, considering it wasn't actually a Disney product.

Oh also, we should coordinate our Jedi training plans soon... only 12 days left for us!!! Yay!!!
I think we are aiming for the 11:40am Jedi Training on 12/8.

Cute pics from the meet. Those faces Aria was giving Minnie before getting tickled are hilarious!
Oh, that reminds me, I was going to mention I love Aria's "being tickled" faces too. Cute! :lovestruc

Izzy is reminding me a lot of how Delilah was on this trip. She was very excited about the characters until she got close to them and realized how big they are! Then she got a little nervous and needed someone to hold her to get close enough for a photo.
Yep, that's exactly how Izzy was this trip. Interestingly, it was the only trip she was like this. Even two months later, she was 180 degrees different and couldn't get enough character hugs. :confused3 Funny how quickly things change.

On Safari

Judging by this picture, it appears we started the day with fruit pouches, milk, and iPad time:

Then we were off to Animal Kingdom, which was pretty crowded that day. We put on sunscreen while in line to get in, then made our way back to the Safari. When we got to the part of the line that you drop off the strollers, the CM there took both our strollers and quite literally threw them towards the stroller parking area. :eek: They were both just rolling down into the area to bang into whatever they hit. :rotfl2:

After laughing about that, we got on the ride and had a good time:

The giraffes were a highlight of this safari:

One giraffe was blocking the road:

I guess Izzy was wearing the right shirt this day :goodvibes :

One walked almost right by our side of the vehicle and Izzy was thrilled (as was I):

This just made me laugh because it looks like a shampoo commercial or something :laughing: :

And some rhinos:

Unfortunately, the lions were not visible during this safari. I’m excited to do a sunset safari on our trip in a couple of weeks! :hyper:

After we retrieved our strollers (that had survived their freestyle adventure :rolleyes: ), we headed over to Dinosaur. We intended to switch off using Rider Swap, since the girls were too small (not anymore!) Well, as we approached the attraction with the girls in their strollers, the CM saw us coming and pulled out TWO Rider Swaps and handed one to each of us. :confused3 Okay, then:

Lauren headed in to ride first:

I brought both girls over to Triceratop Spin:

I think this might have been the first time I had Aria with me and not Lauren, as I remember thinking that Aria was really good at following along with me, given we hadn’t known each other long and she was only 2. I am thinking that Izzy insisted on being carried, so Aria just walked alongside me nicely. Good kid! :thumbsup2

After our ride, we waited for Lauren and I attempted to get a picture of Aria in front of this dinosaur, but this was the best I could do :laughing: :

Then we switched roles and I took a spin on Dinosaur while Lauren took the girls on another Triceratop Spin:

After the rides, we made a quick stop into the Boneyard play area:

Then we were off to brunch at Tusker House!

Up next: Good fun with the characters in safari gear.

Oh, and I just found photographic proof that we each rode Dinosaur:

I think the Photopass tagline is very appropriate for a 2.5 year old TR! :laughing:

Gotta love space ship earth - Whatever these big plans are for the remake of EPCOT I hope that doesn't include totally changing that ride

Haha, that was kinda funny with the other kid coming into the meet with Goofy (though glad the parents got him out of the way rather than just let him stay)

Looks like a good start to your AK day - glad your strollers survived their adventure

All the pictures from the character spot at Epcot were great!
Photopass wasn't much better for Aria, Izzy was happy though!

14572771_910753369057044_4155459327135104864_n.jpg
I love this group photo!

How nice you were able to get some great pictures of the giraffes! Looking forward to hearing about TH!

Gotta love space ship earth - Whatever these big plans are for the remake of EPCOT I hope that doesn't include totally changing that ride
Hope not. Will be interesting to see what they do.

Haha, that was kinda funny with the other kid coming into the meet with Goofy (though glad the parents got him out of the way rather than just let him stay)
It was funny - for a moment there, I don't think the CMs/Goofy knew what to make of it and thought we had an extra kid, but the parent stepped in pretty quickly.

Looks like a good start to your AK day - glad your strollers survived their adventure
It was so funny that the CM just gave them a shove without any further concern. :rotfl:

Cool. Pretty sure that's what I have written down. Just wanted to make sure it hadn't changed. :)
:thumbsup2 Can't wait!! Does Caden have a preference on battling Vader vs. the Seventh Sister? I thought Izzy would want Vader, but she wants to "fight the girl", so who knows. I told her that whatever happens happens, as I've seen tips on which line to get in for each, but it's not guaranteed and they change it up sometimes, I guess?

All the pictures from the character spot at Epcot were great!
Thanks!

I love this group photo!
And thanks again!

How nice you were able to get some great pictures of the giraffes! Looking forward to hearing about TH!
That was amazing when the giraffe went right by us! :lovestruc

Baby Donald Visits Tusker House

I think we took a Photopass picture at the entrance to Tusker House, but we didn’t get it on our Memory Maker? :confused3 At any rate, we were soon seated and the characters started visiting right away. Daisy was first and both girls enjoyed her:

Looks like Daisy approved of Aria’s dress:

Daisy also reached out to delight Izzy:

And then we got some yummy food:

(I think those were Lauren and Aria’s plates, respectively. I don't see pictures of mine and Izzy's.)

Then Mickey made his entrance:

Looks like Izzy was amusing herself while I got her some food from the buffet:

Looks like it was a parade and Goofy was in it:

You may have noticed in an earlier picture that Aria had an adorable little stuffed Donald with her. All the characters enjoyed him, but Donald especially got a kick out of it:

And then Daisy came back. It kinda looks like Izzy is reaching for Donald here :scratchin :

Aw, cute:

Hmmm, did she drop Donald on the floor? :confused:

No matter, Daisy’s got him back now :goodvibes :

As character shy as Izzy was on this trip, she really loved Daisy:

And then Goofy came to visit:

And finally Mickey came by:

Looks like Izzy was offering him milk and Aria was offering him Donald :laughing: :

Izzy even got brave and gave Mickey’s nose a squeeze:

Mickey also loved tiny Donald:

It looks like Izzy is teasing Aria and playing keep-away with her milk:

Smiley kids:

We headed out, happy with our meal at Tusker House. :thumbsup2

At some point in AK, Lauren realized her shoe had broken, so that was a bummer. :sad2: I think they were fairly new? Can’t remember. I also forgot to get a Dole Whip with Rum before leaving AK :headache: (but did make up for that on the next trip). We attempted some more of our letter pictures on the way out, with questionable results:

There must be more, as I have a different one in my photo frame, but I can’t find any others. :confused3 Oh, well. The girls were more interested in climbing the fence than holding up letters:

After the pics, we headed back to the car and drove over to the TTC.

Up next: Back to the MK in the rain. :umbrella: And Izzy fears the wrath of Elsa. :scared:

Oh, yummy! Your report keeps making me hungry. The characters with the little Donald are so cute. I love how sweet and smiley the girls are with each other. What a neat bond to have--brought together by Disney!

Great pictures from TH. Both girls seemed fairly happy with the characters!:thumbsup2 And I loved the way they reacted with Aria's stuffed Donald, so cute!:goodvibes

Oh, yummy! Your report keeps making me hungry. The characters with the little Donald are so cute. I love how sweet and smiley the girls are with each other. What a neat bond to have--brought together by Disney!
Haha, we did a ton of eating on this trip (and will also be doing so on our upcoming one...) I can't wait to see how the girls get along now that they are older and better able to talk and stuff. :goodvibes

Great pictures from TH. Both girls seemed fairly happy with the characters!:thumbsup2 And I loved the way they reacted with Aria's stuffed Donald, so cute!:goodvibes
Thanks. Yeah, good meets and they were really cute with Aria's little Donald. Perhaps we will have some similar moments upcoming, as I got a bit carried away with getting some little surprises for the girls that the characters may also enjoy. :rolleyes1

One Week From Today

Okay, so I didn't actually intend to do another set of updates. And I don't know that I'll do more than this one day. But I was trying to finalize my planning tonight and only got as far as this first day - and it has changed so much that I feel the need to walk through it on here again. So, some of this may be familiar, but a lot is new.

Our morning will start early, as we'll have to get up and ready and in the car by around 6:30am. Dug's sister was once again kind enough to offer airport shuttle and parking service for us. :goodvibes So, we will go to their house to get her and back to the airport, then she will drive our car back to their driveway. We each get a free checked bag, so we'll stop at the skycap to get rid of those bags (I'm not certain if Izzy gets a free one, as she is technically under a separate reservation due to how we booked, so I'll probably pack a carry-on sized bag and if they won't check it for free, I can carry it on).

I am excited that we should actually have TSA Pre-Check on this flight! :cool1: We have randomly gotten it before, but just by chance. However, we recently got credit cards that included a perk of paying our fee to get either TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry. Since it was being paid for, we went with the pricier Global Entry ($100/each, in case you're wondering - and good for 5 years of Pre-Check and expedited Customs for international travel). We got our pre-approvals, so we then had to schedule our interviews. And the only center in our area was booked until APRIL! :eek: Then I mentioned it to my dad who said he had some friends who drove up to Grand Portage to do theirs (along Lake Superior, at the MN/Canada border station). We had a good laugh about that. :rotfl: And then we were like, "Hmmm, that's not a terrible idea and it's a nice drive and they have openings the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend and we don't have plans..." :scratchin Well, you can see where this is going. So, we took a nice 1-night overnight up north and easily got our approvals. Izzy was a good little traveler, enjoying a lot of coloring and also the new iPad Dug picked up on Black Friday. :thumbsup2 Heck, why not throw in some photos of our mini trip...

Our Grand Marais hotel's beach (Best Western, in case you're wondering):

Izzy had a good time running around and making footprints in the sand.

At dinner that night (Sven & Ole's Pizza), Izzy made this:

Yes, she's well trained! :thumbsup2

She got buttered noodles instead of pizza. If you're reading my other TR (Land & Sea), you'll know that Izzy is fond of butter. Well, she decided her buttery garlic bread didn't have enough butter and proceeded to douse it with noodle butter:

After we passed our interviews the next morning, we visited the Grand Portage National Monument, which was mostly closed, except for the outdoors:

Izzy and I built a snowman:

Then she stomped him to bits. :rotfl:

On the way back, we stopped at the lighthouse in Two Harbors for a chilly walk:

Izzy was super excited to get to the lighthouse. Then, for unknown reasons, she immediately wanted to get away from the lighthouse once we reached it. This was the photo I got of her in front of it:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Then she was fine again. :confused3

Stopped to sit on the way back:

Fun little getaway!

Anyway, all of that is to tell you that we should be able to go through security without removing our shoes, belts, laptops, quart baggies, etc. :woohoo: (Also, my PSA on these programs for those of you with young ones, since I didn't know until too late: Young kids can go through TSA Pre-Check with a parent who has it. Young kids CANNOT go through Global Entry for Customs unless they have their own Global Entry approval. So, if we go out of country, we either have to forfeit the Global Entry, have one parent go through and wait for the other + Izzy, or get Izzy her own. :headache:)

Once we get through security, we'll probably grab some breakfast and then head to the gate for our departure just before 9am. I am excited that we won't need to carry a car seat through the plane. Hope the flight will go well. Besides the new iPad, I have a ton of new (cheap) things for Izzy to play with that she hasn't yet seen. We also have free wifi through another credit card. AND, we booked one of our flights with that card's points (the other two were Delta Skymiles bookings), and that includes a $25 credit for in-flight purchases. So, if we need snacks, we're covered. I hope this flight and airport experience is as nice as it sounds. :goodvibes Maybe I'll even get to nap! (I can totally see me looking back at this after the trip and laughing at my hopeful innocence :laughing: ). We'll land about quarter after 1pm.

I hope to grab some Chick-Fil-A for lunch, but that depends if it's on our way or not. Otherwise, we'll figure something out. I want to get to the Magical Express and get on our way pretty quickly. No changing clothes in the airport for us this time! (see May 2015 TR to revisit that nightmare :scared:). We are staying at Pop Century and I'm hoping we can get there around 2:30pm or so and that our room is ready.

If that's the case, we'll take care of any necessities (unpack, change, get food if needed, prepare park bag, nap if needed, etc.)

Once we're situated, we'll take the bus over to Epcot. I'm excited that we are sticking with just Epcot on arrival day, rather than hopping between DHS and Epcot like I initially planned. Feels much better to me.

Upon arrival, we hope to meet up with @chunkymonkey - they will be on their way out, but we should overlap if all is going according to plan. I look forward to meeting some DIS-friends! :disrocks:

After that, our first Fast Pass is Test Track from 4-5pm. :car: I am so excited for Izzy to finally ride this! :cool1: I love it and I'm sure she will too. Plus, it even seats three across, so we can all sit together. :thumbsup2 (Now I realize I haven't ridden it WITH Dug for a long time either, since we're always doing Rider Swap!) I hope she loves it.

Then I hope to meet Baymax, if the line isn't overwhelming. Izzy seems to be wearing down on her fist bump phase, but I still think she will enjoy giving Baymax a fist bump and getting a big squishy hug. We all will, actually. :grouphug: It will probably look similar to this :laughing: :

Our next Fast Pass is for Spaceship Earth from 5-6pm. Not a must-do, as we will re-visit later on in the trip, but it's always a good one.

I made a note here that I haven't done Ellen's Energy Adventure in forever and there was talk it may close soon? :confused: And Izzy is a big fan of dinosaurs, so she may enjoy it. But it's long and not always exciting. Maybe if we are in need of a nap... :idea:

Our last FP+ is for Imagination from 6-7pm. After our journey with Figment (again, not a must-do, but might as well), we can maybe hit the Disney Visa Character Spot, as I believe it's nearby.

Then we'll need to head into World Showcase. If we are hungry, we could grab a snack from the holiday food booths! If not, we could check out the holiday storytellers. I'd like to try to make it to France by about 7:15pm, hoping that will allow us enough time to see the movie there. Izzy loves France and it would be fun to watch it with her.

But then we need to get to Spice Road Table for our 7:55pm ADR. I plan to ask for a table with a good Illuminations view. We'll enjoy some leisurely small plates, drinks, desserts, etc. as we await the 9:30pm showing of Illuminations (with holiday tag). I'm excited to see it from this vantage point (and to finally try out Spice Road too).

I'm sure we'll be wiped out when the show ends, so we'll join the crowds leaving and bus back to Pop for a good night's sleep. Unless one of us is feeling lively and wants to hit the MK, as it's open until 1am with Extra Magic Hours.

But we have an early morning/long day, so we definitely will need some shuteye.

Oh, and finally, my outfit selections for the day...

Travel for Izzy - very basic Mickey/Minnie long-sleeve tee (sorry for blurry pic):

Pair that with jeans and she will be comforable for the flight.

When we get to Pop, she can change into this tee:

And either leave on jeans or put on shorts, depending on weather.

I'll plan to just wear some comfy winter clothes for travel (I think it's going to be COLD here when we leave :cold:). Then I will change into my Minnie Pocket shirt at Pop:

If I can get her to agree to another outfit change when we head into World Showcase, I'd love to have Izzy in this for France:

Love her Minnie skirt and the non-Disney shirt works with it.

If she gets chilly, we can bring this:

Or she has several Disney-themed fleece jackets to choose from. :rotfl: I will just have my boring old fleece or maybe a cardigan (nothing Disney, though I came VERY close to buying a Minnie fleece for myself on my pre-trip shopping binge. :laughing:)

Okay, I need to sleep now, as I'm really trying (and mostly failing) to get plenty of rest before we travel to stay healthy and feel good. :thumbsup2

Yay! Can't wait to see you guys! I hope everything goes smoothly with your flight/travel plans and we'll see each other in Epcot!

:disrocks::disrocks::disrocks:

I hope the airport situations turns out as well as you hope ... sounds like the potential is their for a very low stress situation (not having to take off shoes, no car seat, etc.)

We loved Spice Road table and there was no issue getting a seat with a good view (we were not right at the edge, but the next table in and had a good view and the people who were close had no issue letting the kids go in-between the tables to get right to the railing see - hope it works for you!

And I can totally understand why Izzy was scared of the lighthouse - I mean, just look at this thing!!!
Scary lighthouse.jpg

Your plans for the first day sound great! :thumbsup2Izzy's Paris inspired outfit is adorable! :lovestruc

I'm so excited for you all!:cool1: Have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to here all about it:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter