Do you think Disney Parks will lower it's ticket prices in 2024?

Will we see a chance of ticket prices being lowered at Disney Parks?

• Yes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • No

Votes: 216 98.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope. No need to do this. Park attendance is not down nor is it suffering. If anything, some say ticket prices should be raised quite a bit to lower attendance while not losing any money due to lower ticket sales... Have you been to WDW or DL lately? They are having ZERO issues getting people to pay current ticket prices.

No she has not. She told the Disneyland boards a few months ago that she was at the parks last in 2004 and she would not consider going until Disney removes park reservations and genie and a few other things.

Disney will not lower prices as a whole but as you can see by the release of several discounts this week that is the direction they are going. There are more caveats than years before ie. longer stays, Disney+ subscriber, AP etc you already need to be spending money with Disney now you actually will be spending more money.

Here’s my take, “rack rate” ticket prices have never come down, but I expect to see one or more season specific promos. These have been run in the last 5 years but not every year. The latesr discounts tell me spring and summer bookings are down. Disney only rolls these out as a last resort:

1. The 4 park magic ticket. Disney loves to run this in the summers when bookings are soft, usually good june-september around the $100 per day price point excluding july 4th period. You get to experience each park on a differnet day and it smooths demand accross the resort rather than skewing everyone to MK and DHS. More folks in AK and Epcot in the summertime when those parks are hot and less popular.

2. Disney might run some sort of discounted companion ticket for AP’s like show your AP at the gate this july and august on weekdays and purchase up to 4 1 day tickets at $90-100 each same day use only etc. MK excluded

What I think will happen this year when Spring hits you will see a lot of commercials for Walt Disney World as well as Disneyland advertising lower ticket prices for Spring because as you know Spring is the busiest season for Disney Parks and as for Disneyland we will see a lower ticket price jump most likely before Easter weekend. Because I think with all the planned improvements for 2024 Disney Parks really need to lower their ticket prices to get more visitors in the parks
This is the precise reason not to lower prices. Higher demand from consumers results in higher prices by suppliers. Economics 101.

I guess my Disney bar is really low because I'd be happy if Disney just took a year off - a whole year - from raising prices. I am telling myself to actually NOT RENEW 😢:scared: our annual passes. We really don't have a need to go to the parks more than 1 or 2 days so we might as well pay at the gate.

I think single visit tickets will remain at the current price. There is a lot of wage inflation going on so the price will drop even if it is 2% higher next year.
Medium term I see a lot of effort to attract the visitor that will stay on site for a longer period. They offer free dining with a 4 or 5 day stay. That is a big deal. When you are at the resorts for a week the park tickets get cheaper. So I think there is a bundling strategy going on now.
It will be curious to see what idea they come up with to push visitors from 4 - 5 days stays to 6 - 7 days stays. I wouldn't mind a dragon boat race for charity on the lagoon.

I also think Disney Parks will also debut a new lower priced senior ticket in 2024 for seniors 55 and up. Because Disneyland used to have Senior Fun Days where seniors 55 and up could go to Disneyland at a special ticketed price and if Disney Parks teamed up with AARP they would score huge money with the senior crowd who take their grandchildren to the parks.
Okay, this is never going to happen. Age 55 is definitely not "senior". As a matter of fact, the term senior should only be used on people age 105 and up.

Here’s my take, “rack rate” ticket prices have never come down, but I expect to see one or more season specific promos. These have been run in the last 5 years but not every year. The latesr discounts tell me spring and summer bookings are down. Disney only rolls these out as a last resort:

1. The 4 park magic ticket. Disney loves to run this in the summers when bookings are soft, usually good june-september around the $100 per day price point excluding july 4th period. You get to experience each park on a differnet day and it smooths demand accross the resort rather than skewing everyone to MK and DHS. More folks in AK and Epcot in the summertime when those parks are hot and less popular.

2. Disney might run some sort of discounted companion ticket for AP’s like show your AP at the gate this july and august on weekdays and purchase up to 4 1 day tickets at $90-100 each same day use only etc. MK excluded
That's what I'm hoping for! We're planning on 3 park days unless Disney offers that 4 parks in 4 days deal again this summer. Fingers crossed!

Think 2024 will have rises as usual but not as big as they normally are, and will be populated with a lot of discount offers. 2025 will have much bigger rises in order to balance it out.
Orlando as a destination in general, I think a lot of people will hold off this year due to a major opening next year. Which will give an increase in demand in the area as a whole, and for Disney by general knock on effect. Naturally not as big as a demand as its primary audience, but the demand will be there for those that pack both locations into a holiday.

With the news that Walt Disney World has removed the park reservation system later this year as well as other changes I think this means that Disney Parks will lower their ticket prices for 2024. Because with the announcement of Disneyland having kids tickets at a special price and Disney Parks doing changes to Genie+ I think Disney Parks need to lower their ticket prices and I think 2024 will bring a lot of changes to Walt Disney World/Disneyland ticket pricing and the parks will get more attendance this year and be very busy
They have no reason to lower prices. They have a number of alternative options they can consider before even looking at a price decrease. Free park-hopper, free lightening lane/Genie+, Free Dining/discounted rooms.

I think single visit tickets will remain at the current price. There is a lot of wage inflation going on so the price will drop even if it is 2% higher next year.
Medium term I see a lot of effort to attract the visitor that will stay on site for a longer period. They offer free dining with a 4 or 5 day stay. That is a big deal. When you are at the resorts for a week the park tickets get cheaper. So I think there is a bundling strategy going on now.
It will be curious to see what idea they come up with to push visitors from 4 - 5 days stays to 6 - 7 days stays. I wouldn't mind a dragon boat race for charity on the lagoon.
Not sure if there really is anything to entice people to go the extra days with how the US currently does vacations for workers. Most only get 2-3 weeks off and until that time gets extending on a national level towards 3-4 weeks most people will be forced to make concessions with their vacation time.

With the news that Walt Disney World has removed the park reservation system later this year as well as other changes I think this means that Disney Parks will lower their ticket prices for 2024. Because with the announcement of Disneyland having kids tickets at a special price and Disney Parks doing changes to Genie+ I think Disney Parks need to lower their ticket prices and I think 2024 will bring a lot of changes to Walt Disney World/Disneyland ticket pricing and the parks will get more attendance this year and be very busy
Laughing at your comment because of Inflation and Greedflation, not laughing at you or your post. ;)

I would expect 2 increases this year. One next month and another around August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter