Do you think Disney Parks will lower it's ticket prices in 2024?

Will we see a chance of ticket prices being lowered at Disney Parks?

• Yes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • No

Votes: 216 98.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will admit, I was surprised (and almost shocked) by the Canadian Resident deal. CAD is sort of in the middle of its five-year trend of 4:3 CAD:USD, and near the high end of the one-year range, so it is not as though their currency had suddenly tanked. I wonder if this is an attempt to help jump-start more international travel now that the pandemic has firmly transitioned to endemic.

I certainly do not expect my ticket/AP prices to decrease this year, but god bless the OP for trying to manifest a discount into existence!

I just think people (my family included) will be looking for ways to spend less money in 2024.

I have two in college (outrageous cost!) and we will scale vacations way back this year. No air travel and only things we can drive to.

Inflation with food cost specifically being so much higher we are just trying to find a way to operate in the black monthly.

I don’t think I am alone in this and many families will scale back vacations and look for deals.

I just think people (my family included) will be looking for ways to spend less money in 2024.

I have two in college (outrageous cost!) and we will scale vacations way back this year. No air travel and only things we can drive to.

Inflation with food cost specifically being so much higher we are just trying to find a way to operate in the black monthly.

I don’t think I am alone in this and many families will scale back vacations and look for deals.
inflation has been coming down, and we've started to notice the price of some things at the grocery store starting to come down as well.

i think the major difference in vacation travel; is that pent up demand for travel from covid is gone. People have now taken that vacation they were waiting to take during covid and with the extra cash they had.

I think if you see a change in disney, its going to be because of that, and how much a disney vacation now costs after all the price hikes. But then again, we werent going to go this year because i was tired of the cost, then free dining came out yesterday. game changer for us.

I also think that the prices for theme park annual passes will be lowered this year. Because I think Disney Parks expect this year to become their miracle year and with the removal of park reservations will help ticket prices get lower
The annual passes just recently had a price increase (referring to WDW. I don't keep up with DL Magic Keys). Why would it go down?

Also Universal's annual passes increased in price too, with the premier pass going up the most so this isn't unique to Disney.

There are a lot of experienced long-timers out here on the board. I truly wonder if (when?) Disney ever lowered the base ticket prices or the AP prices?! It might've happened during a tougher economic time (2008?), but I sure don't recall a decrease in the decades we've been going.

There are a lot of experienced long-timers out here on the board. I truly wonder if (when?) Disney ever lowered the base ticket prices or the AP prices?! It might've happened during a tougher economic time (2008?), but I sure don't recall a decrease in the decades we've been going.
What I have seen in the past was restructuring of the annual passes to include lower tiers with different availability such as the weekday pass. The top level pass is never coming down because there is someone out there willing to pay that price for the most access to the parks. I expect a re-working of the annual passes (no inside knowledge) based on the availability for the upcoming year and softening demand.

They will never lower prices. I do wish they would offer free dining for any resort stay, regardless of how long you are staying. Come up with plans depending on the # of days you are staying...i.e. for 1-2 days, you get a QS and snack...for 3 days you get 1 TS, 1 QS and 1 snack...etc.

No way ticket prices will be lowered. Neither at DL or WDW. Annual passes won't be less, either. Too much demand. At DL many of the AP's sold out. Now may they offer special limited time tickets like the 4 day one park each day ticket again? Probably. But overall ticket prices will not go down. The parks have been very busy, even with the slower economy. Resort discounts, of course (there are plenty right now), but tickets, no.

Disney isn’t having an issue selling tickets. They are having issues filling their resorts. That’s why they’re offering so many deals to stay onsite. (35% off, free dining)

Disney will never lower the base price on anything they offer. They’ll just offer deals. Maybe the buy 4 days get 3 free offer that they did years ago.

Last edited:
With the news that Walt Disney World has removed the park reservation system later this year as well as other changes I think this means that Disney Parks will lower their ticket prices for 2024.

“What is Things That Will Never Happen for A Thousand Ken”

What I also think and predict that Disney Parks will do is with Walt Disney World lower 2024 ticket prices by adding special add-ons such as character breakfast discounts and specially priced Lightning Lane passes as well as discounts on Genie+.

Well Character breakfast prices has nothing to do with admission ticket prices. They’re 2 in different cost centers of the company. Discounting a dining venue has no effect on an admission ticket. The last 2 weeks had the highest prices of the year for park admission & Lightning Lane & Genie+ yet both just sold out on multiple days. They already do flex pricing which lowers prices on lower demand days. They’ll just adjust that flex pricing without needing to offer a specific discount.

the removal of park reservations will help ticket prices get lower

What exactly do you think park reservations has to do with ticket prices? And why would removing them affect prices? Honestly can’t see the connection you’re trying to make.

We’ve been going since 1993, probably at least 65 trips so far. I have never seen a direct lowering of prices. The closest it ever came was when they unbundled the tickets & created Magic Your Way tickets. It lowered prices very briefly for those that wanted single park tickets. But it quickly became a price increase as you added on park hopping, or water parks etc. During the travel downturn after 9/11 & 2008, things like Buy 4/get 3 free on resort rooms & free dining were offered. Even in those difficult times they never flat out cut ticket or room prices. Anything they did was always a limited time offer & base prices remained the same.

The current economic climate isn’t significantly worse than those times. The slow park times now are nothing like they used to be. A slow day now was a moderate day back then. I agree with @mi*vida*loca, they have no problem selling tickets so there’s no need to discount tickets. They’re restarting resort discounts they used for years & will adjust those as needed.

Last edited:
What I think could lower Disney Parks ticket prices this year is for Walt Disney World to offer a special ticket deal where resort guests could get a special morning deal that enables guests a special deal at a restaurant for breakfast before the park opens and it would work wonders. And for Disneyland I would choose the same deal but bringing the popular Early Bird Breakfast deal and it would also work miracles. Because when Walt Disney World had the popular Extra Magic Hour it was a smart idea and when they started raising the ticket prices on that I think people decided it was not worthy of doing. I also think Disney Parks will also debut a new lower priced senior ticket in 2024 for seniors 55 and up. Because Disneyland used to have Senior Fun Days where seniors 55 and up could go to Disneyland at a special ticketed price and if Disney Parks teamed up with AARP they would score huge money with the senior crowd who take their grandchildren to the parks. But as we saw Disneyland launch their new Kids ticket deal Walt Disney World could be next to do this too

Disney isn’t having an issue selling tickets. They are having issues filling their resorts. That’s why they’re offering so many deals to stay onsite. (35% off, free dining)
Yet they continue to build more rooms or add on to resorts and are not building a fifth gate. So I don't get that logic.

They aren’t building more (cash) hotel rooms. They are building more timeshares (some by removing cash rooms.) The only new cash rooms since AoA opened have been in the Destino tower, and that's mostly to support convention business.

I don't think we will see a 5th gate anytime soon, as it would primarily cannibalize the other four (or, worse, the three not named Magic Kingdom). That's because most vacations in the US are only about 4 days, and the current parks already consume a typical trip. Folks are not suddenly going to extend their vacations by an extra day because an extra park is there.

Now, that sounds great for guests--same number of people spread out over more parks! But, for Disney it's a terrible idea. Each park requires a ton of infrastructure and that's all very expensive. Instead, I expect to see them continue to expand the existing parks, which is exactly what they've been doing: New Fantasyland/TRON, Pixar Place, Pandora, and the France extension/extra Soarin' theater have all been new additions. What's more, many of the conversions (Studio Tour/LMA -> Batuu; Energy->Guardians) have all turned under-performing spaces into things that keep more people occupied. The same is expected in Dinoland->Whatever-Happens-There.

What I think could lower Disney Parks ticket prices this year is for Walt Disney World to offer a special ticket deal where resort guests could get a special morning deal that enables guests a special deal at a restaurant for breakfast before the park opens and it would work wonders. And for Disneyland I would choose the same deal but bringing the popular Early Bird Breakfast deal and it would also work miracles. Because when Walt Disney World had the popular Extra Magic Hour it was a smart idea and when they started raising the ticket prices on that I think people decided it was not worthy of doing. I also think Disney Parks will also debut a new lower priced senior ticket in 2024 for seniors 55 and up. Because Disneyland used to have Senior Fun Days where seniors 55 and up could go to Disneyland at a special ticketed price and if Disney Parks teamed up with AARP they would score huge money with the senior crowd who take their grandchildren to the parks. But as we saw Disneyland launch their new Kids ticket deal Walt Disney World could be next to do this too
Nope. No need to do this. Park attendance is not down nor is it suffering. If anything, some say ticket prices should be raised quite a bit to lower attendance while not losing any money due to lower ticket sales... Have you been to WDW or DL lately? They are having ZERO issues getting people to pay current ticket prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter