Do you think Disney Parks will lower it's ticket prices in 2024?

Will we see a chance of ticket prices being lowered at Disney Parks?

• Yes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • No

Votes: 216 98.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lowering ticket prices? Not going to happen. As long as people are willing to keep buying park tickets after every price increase (I'm guilty), Disney will keep on going up, up, and up, until we say no, no and no. Same is true with Genie+, ILL$', hard ticket events, dessert parties, restaurants, DCL, and everything else that may be related to Disney.

I also think during the summer Disney Parks will have a price jump and offer summer deals but especially during Memorial Day Weekend and 4th Of July when the parks reach their full busy peak. Because when you look at it I think Memorial Day and 4th Of July are the busiest times in the summer because that's when kids are out of school and summer travel is high. But with Presidents Day around the corner I can guarantee that Disneyland and Walt Disney World will have special ticket promotions and since Valentine's Day is also coming up Walt Disney World will have a special Valentine's Day promotion as well. I think Disney Parks want to have huge competition with the other theme parks such as Universal Studios Sea World Legoland and Six Flags when it comes to lowering ticket prices

I think Disney Parks want to have huge competition with the other theme parks such as Universal Studios Sea World Legoland and Six Flags when it comes to lowering ticket prices
I can guarantee you that Disney doesn't see Six Flags as real competition in the theme park space. Actually the CEO of Six Flags even said he plans on raising prices to Disney's level (that was said before the announcement of merging with Cedar Fair).

But with Presidents Day around the corner I can guarantee that Disneyland and Walt Disney World will have special ticket promotions and since Valentine's Day is also coming up Walt Disney World will have a special Valentine's Day promotion as well.
The only thing announced for Valentines Day are some special desserts. Since Presidents Day is always busy & is just is a month away with no announcement, I guarantee they won’t have any ticket promotions.

I just checked pricing and was shocked to see a 7 day ticket is $770!

Wow. That’s just for one ticket

Insane

How in the world does a family afford to go to Disney for a week. Not even including hotels and flight

Insane

How in the world does a family afford to go to Disney for a week. Not even including hotels and flight
Exactly! We decided to do a last minute trip over President's day weekend.

A 6 day park hopper is $858!!!! Wow that is crazy. I decided it made sense to just buy an annual pass for $1063.

Insane

It is insane, yet people keep buying them.

Who in the world would pay $770 for a park ticket to Disney Parks? I think it's shocking that Disney Parks is doing this to customers and what it sounds like a new thing that Disney is trying out to get more customers into their parks. And Park Hoppers that cost $858? I think this is also part of the new thing that Disney is trying out to attract more customers. Because the way I view this new ticket pricing system I think Walt Disney World will begin to lose customers and start going downhill. But if you look at Disneyland they always announce new ticket deals and ways to promote their ticket prices and promotions like Disneyland just recently debuted their new kids ticket prices just for kids 3-9 years old and they seem to promote that deal a lot especially on TV in commercials. But what Walt Disney World should have is a special ticket pricing deal just each park and it would be split into three tiers consisting as follows,
Tier 1,
Magic Kingdom $100
Tier 2,
Disney Hollywood Studios $70
Tier 3,
Epcot $80 and Disney's Animal Kingdom $120
And guests who buy each ticket from their choice of each tier will also be given coupon books filled with coupons for discounts on things such as character breakfasts merchandise purchases and special discounts on activities such as golf horseback riding at Fort Wilderness and tickets for Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach and it would be a great way for Walt Disney World to lower their ticket prices and get the customers into the parks easily. Because for years amusement parks have used coupon books to attract visitors into the parks and for Walt Disney World it would work and if it did work Disneyland could use the same thing as well

Who in the world would pay $770 for a park ticket to Disney Parks? I think it's shocking that Disney Parks is doing this to customers and what it sounds like a new thing that Disney is trying out to get more customers into their parks. And Park Hoppers that cost $858? I think this is also part of the new thing that Disney is trying out to attract more customers. Because the way I view this new ticket pricing system I think Walt Disney World will begin to lose customers and start going downhill. But if you look at Disneyland they always announce new ticket deals and ways to promote their ticket prices and promotions like Disneyland just recently debuted their new kids ticket prices just for kids 3-9 years old and they seem to promote that deal a lot especially on TV in commercials. But what Walt Disney World should have is a special ticket pricing deal just each park and it would be split into three tiers consisting as follows,
Tier 1,
Magic Kingdom $100
Tier 2,
Tier 3,
And guests who buy each ticket from their choice of each tier will also be given coupon books filled with coupons for discounts on things such as character breakfasts merchandise purchases and special discounts on activities such as golf horseback riding at Fort Wilderness and tickets for Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach and it would be a great way for Walt Disney World to lower their ticket prices and get the customers into the parks easily. Because for years amusement parks have used coupon books to attract visitors into the parks and for Walt Disney World it would work and if it did work Disneyland could use the same thing as well
ticket prices are an issue, a massive one. Since 2008 we have been an every year family, minus a year when one of my kids was born, and 2020. When people would ask us "why disney again?", my answer was always, "its fun, and probably cheaper than a week in the mountains or the beach", at the time, those arguments were probably a true statement.

Over the past few years with the ever increasing ticket, resort, and food prices, along with the nickle and diming, that is just simply not true anymore.

This is a disney year for us, I was really balking and hesitating at booking, i was having a really hard time actually booking this vacation. Until the free dining came out for Disney + subscribers. this put this back in the ball park for comparisons for other vacations, but it took disney offering a massive discount to do it.

To me, that discount said two things:
1: Disney is doing everything they can to get people to subscribe to Disney +
2: People are balking at those prices for a disney vacation and are not staying as long as they used to, or simply not going at all. I get people are going to say i'm wrong on this because of a lot of stats that back them up, but free dining is screaming that disney needs more people at the parks.

Disney will never lower ticket prices, but they will offer discounts in other areas, or maybe even offer a buy so many days, get so many days free offer.

I can also see that at face value, those that havent been to disney before and dont know that disney offers discounts, this can be very off putting and they may not make it past ticket pricing when looking at a disney vacation.

It's the same reason streaming services keep going up and up. People just keep paying and never stop. Disney won't ever lower prices again. That 88.9 Billion isn't enough for them

Tier 1,
Magic Kingdom $100
Tier 2,
Tier 3,

Lots of people are paying it. Presidents’ Day weekend is a busy week and Disney makes bank off of it. It’s why we choose to go at slower times when we go every 2-3 years. Lower ticket prices and more deals available.

I think ticket prices are a big reason they can’t keep their hotels full and are offering FD and so many room discounts. People are going but choosing to save money other ways.

Last edited:
TWDC announced that the PLAN is to invest billions into the parks. So, they have a plan to do something and TWDC will need those high ticket prices to continue to PLAN to invest billons into the parks. That's how you subsidize your management salaries and benefits so they may PLAN to do something that no one really knows what will be done or what will ultimately get done.

Once TWDC will announce the plans regarding domestic park changes, history says that the theme park changes will not look anything like the plans (due to budget cuts).

Last edited:
Who in the world would pay $770 for a park ticket to Disney Parks? I think it's shocking that Disney Parks is doing this to customers and what it sounds like a new thing that Disney is trying out to get more customers into their parks. And Park Hoppers that cost $858?
Considering that attendance is very high there are plenty who will pay it. As for what they are doing to their customers? People line up to pay more and more, then Disney is going to keep on increasing more and more. Simple supply and demand. Prices will go down when people stop jumping on their computers at the moment booking opens and pay the price. I'm not crazy about it and while I can afford it, I have chosen to go to Disney World a whole lot less frequently and have discovered other vacation destinations. The only time I go to WDW now is for a few days if I'm going on a Disney Cruise.

What I think Genie+ has become is the new version of the old E-Ticket system that Walt Disney World and Disneyland used to have for rides where they had ticket books and I think in the future Disney Parks will begin to develop Genie+ Books for rides. Because I think ever since Genie+ was introduced it made the ticket prices for Disney Parks go higher rather than lower and when you look at the prices to get Genie+ for rides to get first chance to go on them without waiting in line it seems shocking. But what I also think Disney Parks should do is lower the prices of annual passes because lots of people go to Disney Parks especially during the spring and summer fall and holidays such as Christmas Easter and Halloween because that's when you can find cheap deals on packages for Disney Parks. But i'm curious to know how much a ride was to ride at Magic Kingdom when it opened? Because it seemed if you had E-Ticket Books that used to make the ride more pricey to ride. But I really think Disney Parks really need to improve their ticket prices a bit more because with these raised ticket prices how will they keep surviving in popular vacation destinations?

But i'm curious to know how much a ride was to ride at Magic Kingdom when it opened? Because it seemed if you had E-Ticket Books that used to make the ride more pricey to ride. But I really think Disney Parks really need to improve their ticket prices a bit more because with these raised ticket prices how will they keep surviving in popular vacation destinations?
I remember the ticket booklet but not the price. I was instructed by my older cousins, teens and tweens at that time, to hold onto the booklet for dear life. Nowadays, I would never trust any child of that age to guard something so important. 😂

If the conversation is leading back to the "exorbitant" price increase between the 70's and now, then please get over it. Half of a century has passed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter