• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

General Star Wars Discussion

i liked Cad, i thought the make up/effects on him were great. I met him first in Boba, and then after that I watched the Clone Wars/Rebels (in prep for Ahsoka) so it was maybe more positive that way... getting introduced in Boba and then seeing him fleshed out in the animated series. Really fun character. but not gonna lie, was kinda happy to see him die
Cad Bane:

1705250056735.gif

Little red light flashes provides a chance Cad returns.

Cad Bane:

View attachment 825777

Little red light flashes provides a chance Cad returns.
ok that is plausible (and totally Cadlike), Todo360!! I did not notice that heart monitor flashing... Sharp eyed Raven!! But that would be fun.... Cad was a cool looking character.

just watched this little vid about it with rationale

We are toying with a rewatch of Mandalorian/Boba before the new seasons/movies drop. Been awhile and details grow thin in these aging synapses

There’s a little part of me holding out hope that Hondo might show up in Skeleton Crew since the Mando space pirates are going to be involved in that as well.
i am getting intrigued by Skeleton Crew, i had not thought of that but yes that would be a great spot to bring him in. Do we have names for the kids yet... would be fun to see some of those youglings from the animated series ( like Katoonie, Byph, or Ganodi) return. Katoonie would be an easier one to do as far as make up and special effects go.

These are the actors, besides Jude Law of course as the 'force using adult"

Ryan Kiera Armstrong, Robert Timothy Smith, Ravi Cabot-Conyers, and Kyriana Kratter as the group of youths (names not necessarily in order to the pics)

1705254551140.png

Last edited:
I’ll be honest, Skeleton Crew is the one show that I’m not really looking forward to as what we know about it so far doesn’t really appeal to me and I feel like I’ll be watching out of obligation more than enjoyment since its going to link into other stuff in the Mandoverse.

I am very excited about The Acolyte though as I like the The High Republic. The delulu part of me is hoping for a Dagan Gera mention or flashback with Cody Fern playing him in live action too since I love that character so much. I’m still waiting for them to make a legacy hilt of his saber.

I’ll be honest, Skeleton Crew is the one show that I’m not really looking forward to as what we know about it so far doesn’t really appeal to me and I feel like I’ll be watching out of obligation more than enjoyment since its going to link into other stuff in the Mandoverse.

I am very excited about The Acolyte though as I like the The High Republic. The delulu part of me is hoping for a Dagan Gera mention or flashback with Cody Fern playing him in live action too since I love that character so much. I’m still waiting for them to make a legacy hilt of his saber.
i agree, my 'intrigue' increased once I figured out they are going to be part of the Mandoverse movie. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Could be an interesting connection to multiple parts of this growing character-verse... distant galaxy could be connected to Peridea....

Jude is an excellent actor. so I have some hopes.

Also very excited for the Acolyte, this is an area I have little knowledge of....

Man, for me, "The Goonies meets Star Wars," as it's been described, is right up my alley! I've been excited about it.

Really glad you’re looking forward to it!

I think just for me, I have no emotional attachment to The Goonies whatsoever and don’t really get the hype around it. I’ve seen Ryan Kiera Armstrong before in American Horror Story and the Firestarter remake and wasn’t a fan. She plays annoying very well haha

Been a Jude Law fan since Gattaca , but I’m also not looking very forward to Skeleton Crew, But I also wasn’t looking forward to Bad Batch at all, and was so glad to have been wrong about that. It’s such a great show! So I’ll just hope for the best with this one. We’ll see….

I’m so sad they’re ending The Bad Batch with S3! I’ve enjoyed that more than I thought too. Omega’s so sweet. I’m looking forward to S2 of Tales of the Jedi this year as well.

I’m so sad they’re ending The Bad Batch with S3! I’ve enjoyed that more than I thought too. Omega’s so sweet. I’m looking forward to S2 of Tales of the Jedi this year as well.
I can’t wait for season 3 of Bad Batch. That show has had a lot of heart, emotion, Star Wars storytelling , plus incredible animation. I have no idea how they’re going to wrap it all up, or what will happen to Omega. And ditto more Tales of the Jedi . Wonder whose tales will be told…..maybe Baylan?? I’d like more Quinlon Vos, but there’s many great ones to choose. Even a young Obi Wan

I can’t wait for season 3 of Bad Batch. That show has had a lot of heart, emotion, Star Wars storytelling , plus incredible animation. I have no idea how they’re going to wrap it all up, or what will happen to Omega. And ditto more Tales of the Jedi . Wonder whose tales will be told…..maybe Baylan?? I’d like more Quinlon Vos, but there’s many great ones to choose. Even a young Obi Wan
Agree, there are so many good stories they can expand upon!

I was very surprised at how much I liked Bad Batch too. And really any of the animated series...I've watched Clone Wars in its entirety twice now and have gone back to see certain episodes even more to refresh my memories about characters popping up in current shows or just to revisit a story.

Another character I hope pops in somewhere in future stories is Qi'ra. Either in the before or after Solo timeframe.

Yeah, I'd like a little insight into the whole Dooko & Syfo Dias thing and the comissioning of the clone army. They never really connected all of those dots.
We watched Attack of the Clones again last night and I found myself Googling up Syfo Dias. I've seen it many times but it's been a while so I thought I just forgot.

They really did leave a lot of holes in that aspect of the story.

How w do you pull off Honda in live action though? Mask or 100% CG head?

Cool character, but like Thrawn does it translate well to live action? Lots of Thrawn fans have been less than thrilled with his depiction thus far. Specifically around he was pretty chubby instead of rail thin and not the great military mind from the animated stuff.

Last edited:
How w do you pull off Honda in live action though? Mask or 100% CG head?

Cool character, but like Thrawn does it translate well to live action. Lots of Thrawn fans have been less than thrilled with his depiction thus far. Specifically around he was pretty chubby instead of rail thin and not the great military mind from the animated stuff.

Ehh, people get too caught up in that stuff. I'm sure they will make it look good. They won't look exactly like the animated, but the animated shows are heavily stylized anyway. As long as they have Jim Cummings for the voice, then I'm all good!

Last edited:
Ehh, people get too caught up int hat stuff. I'm sure they will make it look good. They won't look exactly like the animated, but the animated shows are heavily stylized anyway. As long as they have Jim Cummings for the voice, then I'm all good!
there will always be people for whom nothing is ever good enough. Some of these complaints just make me roll my eyes. Really truly show that no matter what they just want to complain, complaining is cooler than liking something, It is like there is a core fan base of perpetual disgruntled teens. Also does not help that many social media algorithms are skewed to negativity.

.Different actor they would be upset they did not use the original. They used the same actor and folks get upset he is not skinny enough. Oh no ... lets obsess about people folding their arms next.

It is just noise.

there will always be people for whom nothing is ever good enough. Some of these complaints just make me roll my eyes. Really truly show that no matter what they just want to complain, complaining is cooler than liking something, It is like there is a core fan base of perpetual disgruntled teens. Also does not help that many social media algorithms are skewed to negativity.

.Different actor they would be upset they did not use the original. They used the same actor and folks get upset he is not skinny enough. Oh no ... lets obsess about people folding their arms next.

It is just noise.

Right? Everyone was all upset about Cad Bane's teeth not looking right. They used a practical mask, but if they had used CG and it looked exactly like it does in Clone Wars they would complain about CG. If they had gone to space and found an actual Duro, they would complain about casting a minority actor! 🤣

He looked fine.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter