General Star Wars Discussion

They had Hondo as a face character at the opening ceremony for Galaxy’s Edge and then a live action version of him in the small video before getting on Smuggler’s Run so it’s doable. Just have an actor in makeup for the role and then Jim Cummings do the voice like James Earl Jones and Vader. Its been a while since I’ve seen those episodes but I think so of the other space pirates in Mando were Weequay as well so it’s been done before.

Once again fan is short for fanatic. I don’t know many fanatics that don’t obsess over the tiny details they are fans of.

The Alabama (NCAA college football) center received a significant amount of hate mail and even some threats this season due to his poor play on the college playoff game. So outlandish expectations and obsessing over tiny details is pretty normal for fanatics. I hate the kid went through a terrible time (completely uncalled for and unacceptable imho) and ultimately chose to transfer away from the program……but massive fanbases are full of well fanatics (aka fans).

They had Hondo as a face character at the opening ceremony for Galaxy’s Edge and then a live action version of him in the small video before getting on Smuggler’s Run so it’s doable. Just have an actor in makeup for the role and then Jim Cummings do the voice like James Earl Jones and Vader. Its been a while since I’ve seen those episodes but I think so of the other space pirates in Mando were Weequay as well so it’s been done before.
Very logical take as usual Leia. You are becoming my favorite poster on this board.

Right? Everyone was all upset about Cad Bane's teeth not looking right. They used a practical mask, but if they had used CG and it looked exactly like it does in Clone Wars they would complain about CG. If they had gone to space and found an actual Duro, they would complain about casting a minority actor! 🤣

He looked fine.

I also really liked Cad Bane. First I saw him I was like oh yeah this is fancy. I love the various non humanoid species with these space shows, really feeds my wish I could jet off into the unknown and see it all for myself. And being a biologist in real life I have a fascination with the various physiology of these species and their adaptations and Cad is enhanced extra special. He was very cool and his western theme really tied into the spaghetti western feel of the Mandalorian that I love. I had not watched the animated series yet at that point, so I had no preconceived notions.

Last edited:
but if they had used CG and it looked exactly like it does in Clone Wars they would complain about CG.
Kids these days LOL. Just don't appreciate how good they have it nowadays. Being a 70's kid myself, growing up with a B/W tv as normal. The shows all had the best cheesy effects (Sinbad anyone?), because that is what the technology was, It has been awesome seeing it grow over the years, being blown away by Star Wars on the big screen, but still will always have a fondness for those early effects and I loved the early shows like Space 1999... original Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica.

Have you seen the Netflix version of lost in space? Very well done and took me back down memory lane.
No I will have to check it out, that was another fun show. We just finished Monarch Legacy of Monsters on Apple (thank you Target Circle) which was amusing and we have been on a bit of a monsterverse kick amped up by Godzilla Minus 1

If you are headed down a monster rabbit hole check out Wednesday on Netflix as well.

Super talented young actress that put her foot down during filming forcing the director to stay true to the Addams family source material.

Incredibly well done!

Here's a picture of the lightsaber I built in October at Disneyland. I had resisted doing it for a long time, but my friend wanted to for his birthday, so I joined him:

1705586332344.png

It was fun! I picked the Protection and Defense style, which has a High Republic/Temple Guard motif. I think it turned out pretty nice. I got a blue Khyber Crystal with it, but I already had some other colors. I particularly like it with the yellow blade.

So what’s the successful the path forward for Lucasfilm theatrically?

So the Mando Verse is getting at least 2 movies and possibly a connected trilogy. Will
This work and be profitable?

The Rey movie. Will this work and be profitable?

The dawn of the Jedi idea that has had multiple potential show runners at this point. Will
this work and be profitable?

Is there something else I missed?

So the Mando Verse is getting at least 2 movies and possibly a connected trilogy. Will

The dawn of the Jedi idea that has had multiple potential show runners at this point. Will

Honestly, it's hard to say. I worry that things connected to the "Mando-verse" will suffer due to the association with streaming. I honestly think that they need to do something BIG to really get theaters back. The Rey/New Jedi Order movie is probably the best bet, though I think it should skew more toward new characters with Rey in the mentor role and she may still be a bit too young for that. It's hard to say. At some point, that just becomes Episode X, which I have no problem with - but it's too soon. Then again, by the time they actually get anything made.... 🤣

Personally, I think I would go radically different. I would do something like "Star Wars: Episode Zero" a prequel to the prequels. I don't mean just going back to Old Republic or High Republic, but I mean immediately prior, with the plans of Palpatine taking shape. It's hard to say if it would work, but maybe.

Honestly, it's hard to say. I worry that things connected to the "Mando-verse" will suffer due to the association with streaming. I honestly think that they need to do something BIG to really get theaters back. The Rey/New Jedi Order movie is probably the best bet, though I think it should skew more toward new characters with Rey in the mentor role and she may still be a bit too young for that. It's hard to say. At some point, that just becomes Episode X, which I have no problem with - but it's too soon. Then again, by the time they actually get anything made.... 🤣

Personally, I think I would go radically different. I would do something like "Star Wars: Episode Zero" a prequel to the prequels. I don't mean just going back to Old Republic or High Republic, but I mean immediately prior, with the plans of Palpatine taking shape. It's hard to say if it would work, but maybe.
I could certainly get behind the episode zero idea. I think that can be very interesting. A behind the scenes look of how the emperor went to the dark side could be very interesting.

I personally think the Mando movie is the safest bet from a box office standpoint, as Mando and Grogu are the current most popular characters in SW. I would make this stand alone and not have it connect to the ST in any way.

I think the Rey movie is a big risk, and they have to be very careful here. If they spend 400 million on this movie like they did Indy 5…….it is a huge risk financially. With a somewhat controversial director you add another element of risk. This movie needs an incredibly good story and a reasonable production / marketing budget. Don’t assume a billion dollar box office without a great film imho. The fandom is in a drastically different place than it was when Rise was released in my opinion.

Last edited:
I could certainly get behind the episode zero idea. I think that can be very interesting. A behind the scenes look of how the emperor went to the dark side could be very interesting.

I personally think the Mando movie is the safest bet from a box office standpoint, as Mando and Grogu are the current most popular characters in SW. I would make this stand alone and not have it connect to the ST in any way.

I think the Rey movie is a big risk, and they have to be very careful here. If they spend 400 million on this movie like they did Indy 5…….it is a huge risk financially. With a somewhat controversial director you add another element of risk. This movie needs an incredibly good story and a reasonable production / marketing budget. Don’t assume a billion dollar box office without a great film imho. The fandom is in a drastically different place than it was Rise was released in my opinion.

Yeah, but a "great film" doesn't guarantee success. I mena, Indy was a pretty solid movie - by most accounts better than the previous one (though I like Crystal Skull more than most). They have to make people believe that they need to see it on the big screen. It will be about marketing and perceived importance. Honestly, putting "Episode...." in the title automatically does that.

Here's a picture of the lightsaber I built in October at Disneyland. I had resisted doing it for a long time, but my friend wanted to for his birthday, so I joined him:

View attachment 826794

It was fun! I picked the Protection and Defense style, which has a High Republic/Temple Guard motif. I think it turned out pretty nice. I got a blue Khyber Crystal with it, but I already had some other colors. I particularly like it with the yellow blade.
it is a fun experience for sure, I was skeptical but I was sold when I watched my two kids do it, then the next year I built one... went with red crystal and Power and Control. That moment when you all lift them up and illuminate them together is so good. I like the Savi sabers better than the legacy ones myself.

let me consult my magic eight ball....

1705592464667.png

time will tell.

So far I am loving the content on Disney+ as well as my family , so very hopeful for what is coming next.

Yeah, but a "great film" doesn't guarantee success. I mena, Indy was a pretty solid movie - by most accounts better than the previous one (though I like Crystal Skull more than most). They have to make people believe that they need to see it on the big screen. It will be about marketing and perceived importance. Honestly, putting "Episode...." in the title automatically does that.
I agree with making it episode X if you want a guaranteed audience. That will certainly draw the average run of the mill (not fanatics) moviegoers out to see a movie.

It’s also risky though in that it better be good and positively received by the majority of viewers, or you run the risk of damaging the brand. It’s probably why they are being so careful with this script as Disney knows they have to ge this right.

Last edited:
it is a fun experience for sure, I was skeptical but I was sold when I watched my two kids do it, then the next year I built one... went with red crystal and Power and Control. That moment when you all lift them up and illuminate them together is so good. I like the Savi sabers better than the legacy ones myself.

My buddy did a Power & Control one, of course with a red crystal. It's funny because we both shipped ours home, and he had asked me to hold his for a moment - in the sleeve. We ended up getting each other's delivered, but fortunately we live within a mile of each other. he paid for express shipping and got mine! 🤣 This is his:

1705593654804.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter