Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im guessing they drop MMRR as a stand by only initially and after 30-60 days slide it into Tier 1 with SDD and Smuggler. That will help disperse the FPs and make the park manageable for most and for those who refresh, make the park an absolute breeze to navigate. Having the park broke down into 3 Tier 1, 1 Boarding Groups, and the rest as Tier 2, makes absolute sense.

I do think having 2 rides on Boarding Groups could exceed the capability of MDE at this time.
I don't think RotR will be ready for "prime time" by the time MMRR opens. Did they expect it would be? Possibly. I sure can't see them remove BG from that and switch it to Stand By only in the next month. Maybe something will click in to place and it runs all day every day by then. But baring that, I would expect to see stand by only for MMRR.
Granted, I stand to guess wrong too. Won't be the first or last time

Im guessing they drop MMRR as a stand by only initially and after 30-60 days slide it into Tier 1 with SDD and Smuggler. That will help disperse the FPs and make the park manageable for most and for those who refresh, make the park an absolute breeze to navigate. Having the park broke down into 3 Tier 1, 1 Boarding Groups, and the rest as Tier 2, makes absolute sense.

I hope you're right.

Last edited:
Was RotR delayed at WDW as well?
No. It was initially announced as "Late Fall 2019", which in Disney Speak means any day before the official first day of Winter (December 20th). It opened December 5th.

I just hope they just open this attraction like MFSR --all standby .. just like the good ole days. :)
While I get the desire, I think that is incredibly unlikely because it doesn't benefit Disney in any way. That said, watch them do it.

I do think having 2 rides on Boarding Groups could exceed the capability of MDE at this time.
I strongly suspect that BGs are running on the basic MDE module they developed for MaxPass at Disneyland, and if that's the case, it's already set up to have two at once.

I deff feel the whole bg way bs fast pass plus is the future for all top tier rides for all parks. Fast pass plus will be for older rides and for these upper tier rides till they get old. I think this ride will be. Along with tron. I think we all have to get used to dealing with bg’s and fast passes while planning. I might be wrong but it makes sense in my head. I’m surprised fop wasn’t the same. Maybe they didn’t have the logistics worked out yet for when it opened but I bet if it opened at this time it would have also been bg.

I certainly don't feel that MMRR will experience the queue drops (guests are removed out of line) if it goes down. I do wonder if it does need to do a "hard reset" if that gobbles up minutes/hours?

In any case, I still plan to be there opening morning and roll the dice.

I certainly don't feel that MMRR will experience the queue drops (guests are removed out of line) if it goes down. I do wonder if it does need to do a "hard reset" if that gobbles up minutes/hours?
ROTR has specific attributes that make it's resets take a long time. It remains to be seen if MMRR does as well, but most rides can be reset fairly quickly.

While I get the desire, I think that is incredibly unlikely because it doesn't benefit Disney in any way. That said, watch them do it.
I dont see the benefit of doing boarding groups for a new family-friendly ride.
REQUIRING fans to get there at well before rope drop seems to put a lot of pressure on the opening procedure at the park. They are being forced to open things early because the crowds are piling in.

I cant imagine them having TWO rides that the only way to ride is get there super early and do the boarding group luck game. This is opposite of what the FP+ system is supposed to do for the guest experience.

I feel that will lead to a lot of unhappy guests. Most guests already think they cannot go on a ride if they dont get a fast pass. Imagine their dismay when they show up to the park and find out they should have been there hours earlier.

In any case, I still plan to be there opening morning and roll the dice.
Us too. Finalized our plans yesterday, in on the 3rd and out on the 5th.
Something happens and we can't ride, we'll try again in April
Trying for a float at Universal too, signed up for DH and I both on both the 3rd and 4th. Maybe we'll get lucky and get at least one, MMRR or Uni Float participant.

I dont see the benefit of doing boarding groups for a new family-friendly ride.
REQUIRING fans to get there at well before rope drop seems to put a lot of pressure on the opening procedure at the park. They are being forced to open things early because the crowds are piling in.

I cant imagine them having TWO rides that the only way to ride is get there super early and do the boarding group luck game. This is opposite of what the FP+ system is supposed to do for the guest experience.

I feel that will lead to a lot of unhappy guests. Most guests already think they cannot go on a ride if they dont get a fast pass. Imagine their dismay when they show up to the park and find out they should have been there hours earlier.
The family friendly part of Bg’s allow families that can’t get a Fastpass to ride the ride without having to wait in a 4+ hour line.
For all the new attractions FastPass’ will be booked up by guest staying at Disney Resorts with a 7 day or longer stay. No one else will be able to book one. So then the only way to ride is to wait in line

The family friendly part of Bg’s allow families that can’t get a Fastpass to ride the ride without having to wait in a 4+ hour line.
For all the new attractions FastPass’ will be booked up by guest staying at Disney Resorts with a 7 day or longer stay. No one else will be able to book one. So then the only way to ride is to wait in line
Waiting in line is still better than showing up super early and not getting in a boarding group (or having to wait around all day for boarding group to be called). I can imagine getting there super early - with your young, cranky family. Getting a BG, but it not being called until late at night (past the normal time you would stay in the park with your young family). Not family friendly at all.

To me, BGs are millenial friendly .. childless, 20-30 something vloggers and local AP holders who have no issues driving to the park and getting there early. Who are not beholden to a vacation plan they planned out months before. They are able to show up whenever multiple days and just try again if they fail the first time.

It doesn't seem very friendly to guests who are there on a 4-5 day vacation and can really only go to DHS one day and can only move as fast as their slowest member.

I mean BGs seem like a horrible hybrid of the FP+ system and the old paper FP system.
You are forced to get there early (like the old paper system) but have no standby option if you dont get a ticket.

Maybe I am off base, lord knows I have been in the past, but will Boarding Groups really work on Conveyor type rides? Is that not what MMRR is more like? There is a train like rider system of 5 or 6 cars that loads, takes off, and the next train arrives and loads. Where as the ROTR is a ride system that has something like 50 at one time load. Kind of totally different scenario as far as loading. Please explain if I am wrong in thinking that MMRR does not lend itself to a BG system.

Waiting in line is still better than showing up super early and not getting in a boarding group (or having to wait around all day for boarding group to be called). I can imagine getting there super early - with your young, cranky family. Getting a BG, but it not being called until late at night (past the normal time you would stay in the park with your young family). Not family friendly at all.

To me, BGs are millenial friendly .. childless, 20-30 something vloggers and local AP holders who have no issues driving to the park and getting there early. Who are not beholden to a vacation plan they planned out months before. They are able to show up whenever multiple days and just try again if they fail the first time.

It doesn't seem very friendly to guests who are there on a 4-5 day vacation and can really only go to DHS one day and can only move as fast as their slowest member.

I mean BGs seem like a horrible hybrid of the FP+ system and the old paper FP system.
You are forced to get there early (like the old paper system) but have no standby option if you dont get a ticket.

I dont think a young, cranky family would do well standing in a line for 4+ hours. There's no solution that can work for everyone.

Trust me on this, even for local AP holders, getting to a park as early as has been necessary for RotR is a hassle and not something Ill do multiple times. We did for RoTR 3 times once on our own and twice when family was in town. Im not a fan of the attraction as a reridable experience. Its cool to see once and the detail and such is impressive. But, re-ride like I will FoP, EE, TT, etc etc is not what RotR is for us. We managed to pull BG 7,12, and 21 on our trips due to knowing how to work things, but, its not something I would do over and over. So no I wouldnt be a fan of them doing BGs with every new attraction until it gets dropped into the FP system. Id rather they just do Standby and after a couple of months drop it into FP+ as a tier 1. Which makes logical sense. But as we know everything isnt logical

Maybe I am off base, lord knows I have been in the past, but will Boarding Groups really work on Conveyor type rides? Is that not what MMRR is more like? There is a train like rider system of 5 or 6 cars that loads, takes off, and the next train arrives and loads. Where as the ROTR is a ride system that has something like 50 at one time load. Kind of totally different scenario as far as loading. Please explain if I am wrong in thinking that MMRR does not lend itself to a BG system.
MMRR is a trackless system not an omnimover like you are thinking of.

You have kids right?
I think 100% opposite, kids will get up early way before they stand around doing nothing in line for 4 hours. Heck, most kids ARE already up early. It's the parents that hate getting up early
Maybe your kids are way different than mine or my grands. Or any they know

I think my own family would prefer to wake up early and get a boarding group. My kids are all fairly little (6,8,9) and are still early risers. They wouldn't have an issue getting there early. And the nice thing about the boarding groups is that you could leave the park and go eat or take a nap or whatever, and then come back later once everyone is refreshed. My kids would not do well in a 2-3 hour line... neither would my husband for that matter.

I guess everyone is different and I don't think they can have 1 solution that makes everyone happy.

I dont think a young, cranky family would do well standing in a line for 4+ hours. There's no solution that can work for everyone.
I think my own family would prefer to wake up early and get a boarding group. My kids are all fairly little (6,8,9) and are still early risers. They wouldn't have an issue getting there early. And the nice thing about the boarding groups is that you could leave the park and go eat or take a nap or whatever, and then come back later once everyone is refreshed. My kids would not do well in a 2-3 hour line... neither would my husband for that matter.

I guess everyone is different and I don't think they can have 1 solution that makes everyone happy.
The bold is the bottom line
As I've said with RotR BG the best they can do is make the most happy. Nothing is ever going to please anyone. That and what makes it easiest for Disney. Cause trust me, that is what they'll do first and foremost. Best we can do is hope their way is one we like or at least can live with.

And one who is old enough to recall going to parks with NO pass for lines of any sort, I do prefer something vs. just standing in line.

That's true when they open attractions one at a time, but for the average Disney guest with a 3 year return cycle, MMRR will be one of 5 new rides at DHS. The eventual (presumed) Tier 1 of SDD, MMRR, and MFSR will have enough Fastpasses available per day that at least one of those rides will consistently get to 30 days, it's hard to guess which one at this point, but something will.

Maybe I am off base, lord knows I have been in the past, but will Boarding Groups really work on Conveyor type rides?
That's not what this is, but I do think boarding groups (if used) will prove to be excessively unnecessary on this ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter