Help finding a banshee!!

glencoe

DIS Veteran
i am In animal kingdom today (sat June 24) all banshees are sold out ... can someone who is in animal kingdom from today until fri June 30 if you see the banshees back in stock please just post "their here" and I can get my daughter over to AK get it asap... she was planning and saving for this thing.... how disappointing!!! The store said they couldn't even tell us when next shipment or if they even have them if we call, so I am hoping a fellow diser could help me out!
TYIA!!!

They should have anticipated demand. And they are frankly underpriced. A smaller drabbit from Imaginarium Galleries or a woodbaby from Midsummer Knights Dream that simply moves its head, no wings, no sounds, no jaws, no integrated magnets is going to run you $150-300 new or 75-150 on the bay. I realized those are hand-made and unique but still it's quite a price gap. $50 would get you something the size of a large hamster at a ren fest.

There's a thread on another board about this.

It doesn't sound like they were going to have them in stock any time soon. Now it's been about 2 weeks I think since that thread went up, but yeah, doesn't look promising.

I had the same problem when we were there June 11-17. My two girls had their hearts set on banshees, but they weren't in stock the day we visited Animal Kingdom. We were staying at Animal Kingdom lodge for part of our trip and Boardwalk for the other. I asked our concierge every morning, and they were able to check stock for us. On the day we were leaving, they finally had gotten the banshees in. We were out of tickets, so had to charge my credit card for tickets and got a shopping pass that we'd get reimbursed if we made it back to guest services by the allotted time. We were able to buy banshees and get back in plenty of time. And my girls rode with them on their shoulders all the way home that day in the car. But I completely understand the struggle of not knowing when they're going to have them. If you are staying at a Disney hotel, I'd check concierge whenever you can. They were really helpful.

They were in stock either yesterday or the day before but then sold out quickly again.

Your best bet is to just hope to be in animal kingdom when they have more in. I think if you get word of them and then try to head there they might sell out by the time you get there.

Idk if these are selling out within say an hour of going on the shelves, or if it's all day and then their gone

Oh wow ebay sellers have some markup! Are they only sold in Ak or will Disney sell online too?

They get a small amount and then sell out again. They haven't had a full stock of them for a few weeks yet. If you want one just keep checking.

we are leaving monday and im in the same boat, both my kids have been saving up and dying to get one of these, hopefully they will be back in stock this week

We just left DAK this evening, the CMs said as soon as they get them they go out the door. They had a dozen or so *maybe* earlier this week and they were gone within a day or so. Right now they have the stuffed animals decorating the area, and that got people excited until they got closer and realized what exactly was up there. They have no idea when they'll get any in- if you can get someone to check at your hotel before you leave for the parks for the day, or park hop to DAK and just bumrush Windtraders, that might be your only bet.

Sorry I was incorrect about that particular item. For the record, what does the interactive banshee do other than open its mouth and roar when you pull its tail?

Sorry I was incorrect about that particular item. For the record, what does the interactive banshee do other than open its mouth and roar when you pull its tail?

It has a wire that you can run down the inside of your shirt to a little handle. You can make the banshee move around. Idk if it roars or makes noise at all

It has a wire that you can run down the inside of your shirt to a little handle. You can make the banshee move around. Idk if it roars or makes noise at all
Yes it does make noise when you open the mouth.

Oh wow ebay sellers have some markup! Are they only sold in Ak or will Disney sell online too?
They have not officially said but I do not believe they will sell them online or on the Shop Parks app

ETA - And they are only sold in Windtraders. Not in any other store in AK, or other store in any other park.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter