• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help finding a banshee!!

Thank you all - my daughter was getting excited about the banshee and when I saw this post (I didn't think the demand for them would be like this) I found a new one and perch on ebay -- I paid a marked up price, but maybe she can play with it before she gets there or on the plane. Provided the dog doesn't find it first. lol

Once they stop being a high-demand item, they might put them online. I could definitely see that happening. Wouldn't be for quite a while yet.

When Disney began selling the Dooney & Bourke Haunted Mansion purses they were flying off the shelves at the parks. It reminds me of this situation with the banshees with people stalking the shop, buying on Ebay, etc. After some months they were becoming easier to find at MK and they also began selling them through the app & at disneytore.com Hard to say if the same thing will happen with the banshee, just throwing out some historical perspective.:)

When Disney began selling the Dooney & Bourke Haunted Mansion purses they were flying off the shelves at the parks. It reminds me of this situation with the banshees with people stalking the shop, buying on Ebay, etc. After some months they were becoming easier to find at MK and they also began selling them through the app & at disneytore.com Hard to say if the same thing will happen with the banshee, just throwing out some historical perspective.:)
But, even now, some of them can't be bought online. It's not many but every so often they still issue one that is marked In Store Only

Which reminds me, I didn't open the app today to see what they put on there

But, even now, some of them can't be bought online. It's not many but every so often they still issue one that is marked In Store Only

I know you're right about that Angi, as a 60+ year old male I haven't been keeping up with the Disney Dooney line having scored the one for DW.:earboy2: But I do see some items on the app that are tagged "in-store only."

Janssport also started selling Disney backpacks, I personally just dont care for their designs at all.

its a shame too because I love backpacks

Check out the Vans ones. Maybe those are more up your style? Vans changes their collection based items all the time and looks like they are doing Peanuts for now but I have some of their Toy Story stuff.

Janssport also started selling Disney backpacks, I personally just dont care for their designs at all.
I agree. I was quite excited to see the announcement and very let down by them. I was planning to let DGD pick one out for her 4th grade back pack. Duds every last one.

The Vans one PP mentioned aren't bad.

I was planning to let DGD pick one out for her 4th grade back pack. Duds every last one.

The Vans one PP mentioned aren't bad.

Same here - but for my going into fifth grader - thought maybe they'll grow on us but the more I look at them the more I dislike them . I'll have to check out the vans

Check out the Vans ones. Maybe those are more up your style? Vans changes their collection based items all the time and looks like they are doing Peanuts for now but I have some of their Toy Story stuff.

I never would've thought vans always thought it was sneakers Lol - off to google :)

I never would've thought vans always thought it was sneakers Lol - off to google :)

They do all things "skater" so backpacks, hats, sneakers, boards, etc. I have some hats and shoes. Like I said they aren't currently running the Disney stuff but some mall stores still have old stock of it.

They do all things "skater" so backpacks, hats, sneakers, boards, etc. I have some hats and shoes. Like I said they aren't currently running the Disney stuff but some mall stores still have old stock of it.

Wow love it! Jansport really missed the mark!

We must of completely lucked out. We were there on Wednesday evening (6/21). We kept seeing people with Banshee boxes. While waiting for our Flight of Passage FP, my DDs were able to each get a Banshee. There was a constant line but they seemed to have a lot that day. We didn't go through the whole pairing/adoption process since we didn't have a lot of time.

Nope... not even other shops in AK can help... that store is its own entity right now

Nope... not even other shops in AK can help... that store is its own entity right now
No, they meant the Concierge called to check to see if they had any in so they could then go over and get one. At least I think that's how I remember it. Otherwise, correct, no one else sells them.

Here's the post
I had the same problem when we were there June 11-17. My two girls had their hearts set on banshees, but they weren't in stock the day we visited Animal Kingdom. We were staying at Animal Kingdom lodge for part of our trip and Boardwalk for the other. I asked our concierge every morning, and they were able to check stock for us. On the day we were leaving, they finally had gotten the banshees in. We were out of tickets, so had to charge my credit card for tickets and got a shopping pass that we'd get reimbursed if we made it back to guest services by the allotted time. We were able to buy banshees and get back in plenty of time. And my girls rode with them on their shoulders all the way home that day in the car. But I completely understand the struggle of not knowing when they're going to have them. If you are staying at a Disney hotel, I'd check concierge whenever you can. They were really helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter