• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help finding a banshee!!

I will be flying into Orlando from Canada and was wondering whether the Banshee Box/stand can fit into an airplane carry-on bag; I am sort of worried about having one stolen out of checked luggage because of their online popularity/resale schemes. (I have a soft fabric bag just under the max carry-on size which I hope to put a banshee if I am able to buy one in September).

The banshee itself easily into both my sons and my carry on bag. Also the box will break down flat easily if you want to take it out of the box, break the box down and put that into your checked bag like we did and put the banshee around other soft items in your carry on for protection. Then more fits in the carry on. That is what we did.

I had no problems getting the Banshee, box and all into my smaller than average carry on. They didn't hive me any grief about it, thankfully!

This is the only souvenir my husband wants on this next trip, so I hope we are able to get one!

I will be flying into Orlando from Canada and was wondering whether the Banshee Box/stand can fit into an airplane carry-on bag; I am sort of worried about having one stolen out of checked luggage because of their online popularity/resale schemes. (I have a soft fabric bag just under the max carry-on size which I hope to put a banshee if I am able to buy one in September).
It should fit fine. I put ours in a soft Vera Disney duffle bag and carried it on the plane.

Another random banshee question: is it likely that I should go to Windtraders first thing in the morning [mid-September on weekday with early morning extra magic hours at AK] or has supply increased enough for me to get a decent (color) selection on a banshee if I ran to Flight of Passage 1st before Windtraders. [Fastpass+ was gone for the entire day for Flight of Passage by 7:01am on day 60 . . . I think Canada has a lag on internet connection with USA websites].

I will probably ask concierge about supply @ windtraders on the night before we go to AK.

I know my BF is going to run to the flight of passage standby line 1st, but I overheard* that Disney has STRICT rules about waiting in line and I don't want to be kicked out of the park (or banned from Disney when a week's vacation just begun) if someone sees me naively join him in line after running over to buy a banshee (so I guess I will sit at the exit and wait for him to line up a second time to ride flight of passage if I must run to Windtraders 1st).

*Just read an article online saying people get banned from ALL Disney premises if they join others already waiting in line.

Another random banshee question: is it likely that I should go to Windtraders first thing in the morning [mid-September on weekday with early morning extra magic hours at AK] or has supply increased enough for me to get a decent (color) selection on a banshee if I ran to Flight of Passage 1st before Windtraders. [Fastpass+ was gone for the entire day for Flight of Passage by 7:01am on day 60 . . . I think Canada has a lag on internet connection with USA websites].

I will probably ask concierge about supply @ windtraders on the night before we go to AK.

I know my BF is going to run to the flight of passage standby line 1st, but I overheard* that Disney has STRICT rules about waiting in line and I don't want to be kicked out of the park (or banned from Disney when a week's vacation just begun) if someone sees me naively join him in line after running over to buy a banshee (so I guess I will sit at the exit and wait for him to line up a second time to ride flight of passage if I must run to Windtraders 1st).

*Just read an article online saying people get banned from ALL Disney premises if they join others already waiting in line.

If you get caught you can get in a lot of trouble. Also early in the morning the run the line through FP side do it would be almost impossible to join him.

If you're bringing home a banshee, I highly recommend putting it into carry-on luggage! I put one in a suitcase (the other went in carry-on bag). Southwest created some big time problems for me. They left our suitcases out on the tarmac in the pouring rain. Everything arrived soaking wet. I could wring water from our clothing.

Luckily I had put the banshee (inside several Disney bags, because we like to save them) in the very middle of the suitcase out of fear if I put it on the top, it could be easily stolen. The possibility of water damage hadn't even crossed my mind. The things in the middle of our luggage were the only things that didn't get wet. I'm sure the bags I had put the banshee into helped as well. Things towards the top of our suitcase did not fare so well. All of my kids paper souvenirs (and, sadly, banshee boxes) arrived totally ruined. A DVD player met its demise as did a hair dryer. The banshee was fine at least. I got really scared when I opened the suitcase and saw how wet everything was! If you bring home a banshee, the safest place is in your carry-on luggage. If you want to bring the banshee box home in your checked bag, bring along a large trash bag you can put it in to protect it from the rain.

I am thinking of replacing our luggage with hard shell. And oh yes, Southwest has heard from me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter