Holiday/Seasons Completed Page Swap - Progress Thread - **Mailed**

TPCShauna

<font color=green> Most Cheerful Creativear<br><fo
UPDATE: Our ANGEL is aiming to have her pages to me by Oct. 31. My goal is swap them out that week and mail on Nov. 3.

This swap is for completed pages in themes of Holidays, Seasons and Celebrations. Completed pages have all elements affixed so that the swapper only has to place pictures and journaling to complete the layout.

You are limited to signing up for 2 groups total if I have never swapped with you before. Otherwise, you may sign up for one spot in each category type on your first round of sign-ups. Once everyone has a chance to sign up for their chosen spots, I will open the remaining spots.

Important Dates:
Sign-ups Close - 6/30
Prototypes Due - 8/18
Due Date - 8/29

Check-in Dates:
7/7
7/21
8/4
8/18 - Prototypes Due Post them HERE
9/1
9/15
9/22 - Mailing Date
9/29 - Due Date

NOTE: I will ask you to check in every 2 weeks (by posting a check-in by date in the thread title). If you miss a check-in, I will PM you. If I haven't heard from you in a week, I will angel your spots. It is your responsibility to let me know beforehand if you will be gone for a check-in.

Prototypes: I am asking everyone to post a prototype of their design on August 18. This is to help keep everyone on track and show that progress has been made. I will post a separate thread for this purpose so that those who wish to be surprised can be.

Packing and Labeling Instructions: Sign the back of your completed pages with your name and DIS name. Be sure to use an acid free pen. Place ALL of your 12x12 completed layouts for a specific group in a 2 gallon Ziploc bag (available at grocery stores/Walmart with the other sizes.) If you are in multiple groups, each group should be in their own bag. Label the outside of each bag (by hand or with an adhesive label) with your name and DIS name.

Mailing Instructions: If you are in 4 or fewer groups, mail in a Flat Rate $9.80 Priority box. 12x12 pages will bow just a bit in the middle but do not get damaged. If you are in 5 or more groups, mail in a Large Flat Rate $12.95 box. Include CASH or CHECK for return postage AND your address in one of the bags. Please do not send metered or click-it/ship-it postage as some hostesses have had issues with these. On the outside of your box, please include your DIS name and Swap name in the bottom corner.

Contact Info: PM me with your name, address, email addy and phone number if you haven’t swapped with me before. I will PM my contact info to everyone after the swap closes. If you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know ASAP so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help as needed.

A Final Note: This swap is a huge commitment of time and money for everyone involved as it takes a significant amount of both to create five 2-page layouts. Multiply that by 5 groups and you are making 50 complete pages. Having said that, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up for more than you can handle. It is not fair to me or the other participants to expend the time and money to make something for someone who does not reciprocate. We all want everyone to enjoy swapping but we also want you to think about what you are getting into when you sign up.

Last but not least, HAVE FUN! I know we all stress about our work and that is OK. The important thing to remember is that you just need to make something you would be proud to have in your own albums and everyone will love it. If you get stumped or have a question, anyone on here would be happy to help; all you have to do is ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now we can talk swap stuff. Here’s the breakdown on sizes for the page elements:

~~~~Element List for 12x12 pages ~~~~~
Toppers: Should be 8” long by 2” wide and double-matted OR composed of individual matted letters.
Main Photo mats: Should be double matted and able to fit a 4”x 6” photo without cropping; smallest mat is typically 4¼”x 6¼” with other mats incrementally larger.
Additional Photo mats: Smallest size is 3"x3" for top mat with other mats incrementally larger; should be double matted
Journaling/Autograph box: Should be double matted and no smaller than 3”x 4”. Journaling can be hidden.

Large embellishments could be:
1 Large tag: Should be double matted PLUS fiber/ribbon and/or eyelet/brad in the hole AND at least 3”x 4”.
1 Mini File folder: Should be embellished but need not be double matted.
1 Library Pocket and Tag: Should be embellished but need not be double-matted
1 Shaker Box: Should not be smaller than 2½”x 2½”.
1 Paper Piecing: Should not be smaller than 2½”x 2½”.
1 Matted Poem or Song Lyric: Should be double matted and text area must be no smaller than 2½”by 3½”.

Small embellishments could be:
2 embellished squares: Should be double matted with largest mat no larger than 2"
2 Tags: Should be double matted PLUS fiber/ribbon and/or eyelet/brad in the hole AND no larger than 2”x 3”
2 Slide Mounts: Should be embellished but need not be double matted. Cardstock, actual slide mounts and Sizzix dies are fine
Another small, decorative item

Please, no hand lettering on any items. You may use computer fonts, rub-ons, stamps, die cut letters, etc. Embellished means using brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, 3D stickers (matted stickers are ok, too), clip art, or embossing.

If you have questions about any of these elements, check out the Swap Glossary thread or Swap Photo Gallery thread at the top of the swaps board, post your question here or on the Progress thread or PM me. We are all happy to help!

All layouts should include at minimum:
1 Title/Topper
2 Photomats to fit a 4"x6" photo
3 or more Mats; should be no smaller than 3"x3"
1 Jounaling Spot
1 Large embellishment or 2 Small embellishments

Guidelines for all elements are in the post above. Please just be sure to create something that you would be proud to display in your own book.

A1: Seasons - 2 page 12x12 - FULL
Spring - TPCShauna
Summer - PrincessNancy96
Autumn - BAMB
Winter - rlovew

A2: Seasons - 2 page 12x12 - FULL
Spring - rlovew
Summer - KatDisney
Autumn - Tinkerbean
Winter - BAMB

B1: Spring/Summer Holidays - 2 page 12x12 - FULL
Valentine's Day - Michellepooh
Easter - PrincessNancy96
Mother's Day - KatDisney
Fourth of July - Tinkerbean

C1: Fall/Winter Holidays - 2 page 12x12 - FULL
Halloween - TPCShauna
Thanksgiving - PrincessNancy96
Christmas - Michellepooh
New Year's Eve - Tinkerbean

D1: Christmas - 2 page 12x12 - FULL
1. TPCShauna
2. Michellepooh
3. Tinkerbean
4. rlovew
5. KatDisney

D2: Christmas - 2 page 12x12 - FULL
1. BAMB
2. Tinkerbean
3. 123SA
4. Pretty in Tink
5. vickiv

F1: Halloween - 2 page 12x12 - FULL
1. KatDisney
2. Tinkerbean
3. 123SA
4. AWM
5. PrincessNancy96

G1: Winter - 2 page 12x12 - FULL
1. KatDisney
2. AWM
3. PrincessNancy96
4. Pretty in Tink
5. vickiv

Check-in Dates:
7/7
7/21
8/4
8/18
Prototypes Posted - :woohoo:
9/1
9/15
9/29
10/3 - Mailing Date / Mailed :moped:
10/10 - Due Date / Received :beach:
On their way home :cheer2:
Received by you! :dance3:

I will place an asterisk for each check-in and change the color of your name to reflect the most recent update.

List of Participants:
123SA****** - D2, F1 :woohoo: :cheer2:
AWM****** - F1, G1 :woohoo: :cheer2:
BAMB****** - A1, A2, D2 :woohoo: :cheer2:
Michellepooh****** - B1, C1, D1 :woohoo: :cheer2:
Pretty in Tink****** - D2, G1 :woohoo: :cheer2:
PrincessNancy96 - A1, B1, C1, G1, F1 :woohoo: :cheer2:
rlovew****** - A1, A2, D1 :woohoo: :beach:
Tinkerbean****** - A2, B1, C1, D1, D2, G1 :woohoo: :cheer2:
tpcshauna****** - A1, C1, D1 :dance3:
vickiv****** - D2, G1 :woohoo: :cheer2:

These are my first choices if not available just put me where you need me ;)

Seasons
Winter

Holidays:
Valentines Day

Fall/Winter Holidays:
Halloween

Christmas 12x12
Birthday 12x12

Are you planning on any general groups? Also, if you do any just Halloween groups I'd love a spot there ;)

Updated to here.

These are my first choices if not available just put me where you need me ;)

Seasons
Winter

Holidays:
Valentines Day

Fall/Winter Holidays:
Halloween

Christmas 12x12
Birthday 12x12

Are you planning on any general groups? Also, if you do any just Halloween groups I'd love a spot there ;)

I only added you to the Christmas and Birthday groups as all of your other choices have been taken. I would prefer to fill existing groups before adding a second group for each category. I can either give you one of the spots in the existing categories or can wait to fill you in as first choice for each of the next groups. Let me know what you prefer.

I didn't add general groups or a Halloween group as no one really expressed any interest in either of those. I'm not adverse to having them but would just need to know that there was an interest. :goodvibes

I'm waiting for Kat to choose her groups, then I will see what is still open. I'm trying to resist!

Am I the only one who doesn't do anything, take pictures on St. Patricks Day?

Vicki

I'm waiting for Kat to choose her groups, then I will see what is still open. I'm trying to resist!

Am I the only one who doesn't do anything, take pictures on St. Patricks Day?

Vicki

I don't have any photos for New Years, St. Pats, July 4th, and my Valentine & Halloween photos are school related. :confused3 I've got lots of weird everyday type photos though. :rotfl2:

The only holidays I really take pictures at are Christmas and Halloween. I'm good in just the christmas and birthday:)

Can we do just a winter group? I can think of a few winter activities that I have pictures of. Now that the sign ups are here I can think of all kinds of catagories..lol..

May I have

Autum
4th of July
New Years
Christmas
Birthday

Please....

I don't have any photos for New Years, St. Pats, July 4th, and my Valentine & Halloween photos are school related. :confused3 I've got lots of weird everyday type photos though. :rotfl2:

Maybe I can host my first swap - It will be for weird everyday type of photos!

Rhonda

Really?
I know that there have been some issues...
Oh boy!
Really?

Ok - I'm going to brainstorm and start another thread -

Really?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter