• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long did your engagement last?

3 months, but, em, I had a delivery to make in September :rolleyes1

We had been dating for nearly 4 years and living together at that point. He had planned on proposing on our anniversary that August.

We've been happily married for 10 years this April.

not quite 8 months. Engaged early in December and married in late July

Me and 21 and pregnant with our second baby: maybe we should get married
Dh: ok
Me: when?
Dh: I don’t care, pick a date

I picked a date that was three months away so I wouldn’t be too massively pregnant

A year(ish). We got engaged in late summer - I've got no idea of the exact date anymore - and were married mid-September of the next year. We'd dated for about a year(ish) prior to that; again not exactly sure exactly but I know one of our first dates was out to watch the World Series, so it must have been fall. :teeth:

11 months but we had only been dating about 6 weeks when he asked me. We were both in our 30s and at some point you just know when it's right. We've been married almost 24 years.

8 months but we were already living together when we got engaged so it is kind of like we were married by then anyway.

Didn't really have one. We met in August and married in December. I guess, maybe, you could say about 3 months. I visited him in September and he bought me a ring then :)

Engaged for just over a month. We met in early spring, hit it off fairly early, dated till I asked her on Christmas, married February 18.

Everything about our marriage is weird so the "engagement" is new. We were living together and while he was in Iraq for 7 months, we started planning a wedding as a logical step. I went to a jewelry store and picked out a ring. He emailed them his credit card information and they kept the ring at the shop. We had booked our destination elopement/honeymoon, photographer, and officiant all while he was gone. When he came back a few weeks before our wedding, he finally "proposed" lol, so we were technically engaged for a few weeks before the wedding ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter