• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long did your engagement last?

it'll be 4 years next month. got engaged junior year of college, graduated, started 'officially' living together in our own place this past summer, and probably getting married before next April so I can go on his insurance when I get kicked off of my parents' haha

9 months? We'd been living together for 7 years, me following him around the country as he did his master's and PhD. Finally he had a post-doc on the opposite side of the country and I told him I wasn't going to follow him around anymore if he didn't want to get married; I needed more security, and at 35 wanted the opportunity to "move on" if he wasn't serious about our future. He agreed that he wanted to stay with me, but it was another 15 months before he actually proposed (and yes, I went to the west coast with him). We'll have been together 33 years in June, married for the last 25 of those years.

After 15 months of dating we got engaged. Engaged for 26 months with a break up in the middle.

Almost 2 years. We were in college and we figured why get married when we're so poor we still have to live at home anyway.

We met and married within 5 months...we didn't have an official engagement. We were in Vegas for the weekend and decided to get married :laughing:....22 years this year! :love:

10 months. He proposed at the beginning of the school year and I was adamant about marrying after the school year was over, so I could actually enjoy my honeymoon without worrying about my students and their substitute (I was a teacher).

Engaged for two years. I was young and my parents didn’t want me to get married as a teenager. So I had to wait until I turned twenty. We’ll be celebrating our 48th anniversary in June.

I once worked with a lady and this is her story.

She was engaged.
Her boss was engaged.

They had worked together for a few years. One night they both stayed late to close up and they started talking..... yea that’s it....”talking”. The next day, they both broke off their engagements and they were married by the next weekend!:rolleyes1

4 months. We've been married 25 years.

Our daughter (23) became engaged in December. Their wedding is planned for this November so she'll be engaged for 11 months.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter