Indianapolis DIS meet, Labor Day weekend ***With pictures, page 7***

They closed the old Disney store which was right in the center of the mall and opened a new much smaller store closer to the food court area.

Thanks for the heads up on the road repairs and clearing up the time. I am sure it will be more difficult to get out of Chicago than getting into Indy, LOL.

Thinking of leaving about 8 my time (9 Indy), getting there between 12 and 1, checking in and heading over to LLL.

Danny, you have a PM.

Squidrific said:
They closed the old Disney store which was right in the center of the mall and opened a new much smaller store closer to the food court area.

Is nothing sacred any more - humpf!!!!! I guess I should be happy they still have a Disney Store. The one in my hometown, where I worked, closed in January.

Dan, thank you so very much for the PM. I sincerely doubt that I would be able to make it tomorrow as my sil (who just had a liver transplant) will be coming home tomorrow. If something changes and I can I would dearly love to come to see you and Towncrier again and meet some of the other familiar names that I have grown to know and love through the years. It is very doubtful though. :confused3

We leave for DW on the 17th for a 20 day trip, our personal record. Tom has to have some minor surgery when we get back so things are in a whirl here. :banana: :banana: :banana:

I have put the Indpls Labor Day meet on my calendar for next year so that I can plan ahead. If things get put on my calendar it greatly increases the chances that I will not forget them. :rotfl2:

Maybe one year I can invite some of you to stay at my home as I live less than an hour away.

Who knows what tomorrow might bring? Miracles do happen and I would surely love one to happen as I need a day of fun and laughter in the midst of all this turmoil. :sunny:

Failing a miracle I will look forward to pictures of the event as I am sure that Dan will kindly post them for our enjoyment.

Love and Smiles, Slightly Goofy/Linda

Hey everyone add one more to the list - my dd is coming with me. See you tomorrow!

Linda, you sound like you have got your hands full. Well, if by some miracle you are able to make it, we'd all love to see you. :)

Is everyone ready for tomorrow. You know we'll be playing charades and such right? ;)

Squidrific, the more the merrier. How old is she? My 14yo is coming too.

Just had a PM from Caskbill, he said they are driving home in their RV and will try to stop by LLL on the way. Sounds like they will be there. :thumbsup2

I know it's late notice, but something has come up this morning that precludes DW and myself from attending. Hope everyone has a great time, sounds like with the planning you will.

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that.
Don't feel bad. I hope everything is alright and maybe you can make it next time. :)

What a nice afternoon in Indy! It was great to see familiar faces as well as meet new people. Dan - always wonderful to see you, and thanks for giving us an excuse to get together! Laurie - thank you for making the arrangements with Loon Lake Lodge....I love that place. For those of you in the Indianapolis area that couldn't be at the meet - you should go to Loon Lake Lodge if only for the creme brulee!!!

Nancy - It was nice meeting you and everybody else. I hope we can do this again soon. We sure did eat a lot of good food. Were we on the Dining Plan?! :woohoo:

Dan, John, Bill it was nice talking DVC and the parks with you guys.

Squidrific - It was nice meeting you and your DD. I hope you guys have a great trip in October.

Sorry I missed this thread and the meet.. We live only about 20 minutes from the IRP - drag races.. :( Hope everyone is having a wonderful time!!!

It was great seeing all of you. Some familiar faces and some new ones too. Next time I hope I have more time to talk with all of you more.

Nancy that creme brulee looked so good. Next time I'll try that. :)

Ok, just to be sure, Aaron, are you cdpa4d?
RJ, it was nice to finally see you. Maybe next time we'll get to talk. LOL!

So, should we have another meet soon? :teeth:

It was really nice to attend my first DIS meet and meeting some of the people on the DIS. I agree with Serena... Nancy's creme brulee looked great, Marla and Laurie nice to meet you too. :goodvibes

Another great Indy meet is in the books!! A fun time, nice folks from the DIS, super food, lots of good conversation.

Let's see if I can get these pictures all correct.

IMG_5142.jpg

First we have powellrj (Rae Jean) and her son, Nathan, all thumbs up, and Gary M and his wife Lana. Gary and Lana were among the very first folks from the DIS I ever met, at WDW back in '99. Marie has met them both also.

IMG_5143.jpg

Squidrific, on the left, and Peggy, Caskbill's wife, on the right. Squidrific's DD, Katie, must have been out of the room for the moment. She had a new iPod that she showed me, looked very nice, lots of neat music. Stephanie, the waitress in the background, let us know she is one big Disney fan herself and said she would be dropping by the boards soon. Hope we see her here, she sure did make our day there pleasant.

IMG_5144.jpg

And here we have, from the left, NancyIL, Serena (Laurie), disneyde and Marla Hellwig. Laurie had put the meet together, making the arrangements at the Loon Lake Lodge. We had a previous DIS meet at LLL, about 5 or 6 years ago and it was great then, and now. Reminds all of us of the Wilderness Lodge at WDW.

IMG_5145.jpg

Here is the 'men's table', LOL. cdpa4d (Aaron) on the left, then Caskbill (Bill) and Towncrier (John). Looked like a DVC reunion with those three there.

IMG_5141.jpg

Lastly, the 'junior' ladies at the meet, on the left, Kara, Marla's DD, Kelsea (with books), Laurie's DD, and I think Sarah, Kelsea's friend. Always nice to see the young DIS'ers enjoying a meet with the older folks. Kara and Kelsea sure have grown up since I last saw them.

All in all, a fun meet. Always nice getting together with the Indy DIS'ers, hope we can do another next year at this time, with even more people, and you all here have a few more throughout the year. And I am looking forward to the races now.

Thanks for the nice day everyone.

Oh no, not pictures.

Anyway, Kelsea wanted me to make sure to let everyone know the character in her book is called Cloud. Um, yeah, she's my kid what can I say.

Hi everyone. It was great to meet you and too bad that Dan isn't in the pictures. Let me know when the next meet is! :wave:

You didn't waste any time, Dan! Thanks for posting your pics. Gee - you've really mellowed...not one bathroom exit shot! ;)

I thought about posting a pic of Dan - but Towncrier took more pics than I did (some of which I probably won't want to see posted!!) - so figure he will have one of Dan.

Disneyde - welcome to what I hope will be your first of many DIS meets. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter