Join the Verandah Man Fan Club!!!

Originally posted by allshookup
Hey I am a devoted fan of Andy's so add me to the club please! BTW Andy we changed our cruise to the 8-14-04 cruise because the last week before labor day was just too hectic with the kids starting school soon after. I really want to try the western this time but I wish we were cruising with you!

Diane

It looks promising that the Rae and Andy 50th Birthday Cruise might be taking place on 8-20-05, keep these dates available!!!

Originally posted by Verandah Man
It looks promising that the Rae and Andy 50th Birthday Cruise might be taking place on 8-20-05, keep these dates available!!!

Why thank you for the invite Andy I am honored to be invited on such a magical cruise. We are seriously considering moving to the gulf coast of Florida that summer and I understand that Florida schools start mid August. If it all works out and we do move there we probably wouldn't be able to make that cruise, but I won't rule it out just yet.

Diane

Originally posted by allshookup
I understand that Florida schools start mid August.

We live on the gulfcoast of FL and school started here on 8/11 this year. It'll probably be even earlier next year....it seems to get earlier every year these past 3 years.

Originally posted by Sonya Francisco
We live on the gulfcoast of FL and school started here on 8/11 this year. It'll probably be even earlier next year....it seems to get earlier every year these past 3 years.

Thanks for the info Sonya. Sarasota might be exactly where we will be living. We own land in Port Charlotte but the community is not developed much yet. I have a brother and sister that live in Bradenton and Sarasota and I love that area.

Diane

A little off subject here but can anyone please tell me WHY school is starting so early? The heat?!~

I remember back in the Dark Ages - we started school after Labor Day and went til the end of June. Missed most of the really HOT weather and never did have A/C in our little podunk school!!!! But that was in New York.

Also - another conundrum - why does school begin at 7:45AM and end at 2:45? Again, that's here in Indiana. In the winter, since we don't do DSL, we have darkness til AFTER 8AM. Now think of your child walking to school or waiting for a school bus at 7:10AM in the dark? And just how many parents are able to get off work by 3PM and not have a latch key situation with their child?
I don't know what the state legislators and other taxpaying citizens of this state are thinking.....child safety?! NOT!

Again, in New York, my classes started at 8:30 and school ended at 3:30. Enough time for me to get to work (when I was in HS) at 4PM!!

Okay, I've vented for the day. That wasn't too harsh, was it?!

Still hate living in this state, but stuck for the duration -
Rae

School is on the early schedule here too in NC, Rae. It's just like the college one. It's hard for them to go back in the heat, but I like them being out in May. We can still go somewhere for a quick trip on "off season" rates and there aren't the crowds since half the country is still in school.

Rae - New York is still normal when it comes to school schedules. My daughter just started on Wednesday and will go to the last week of June.

Originally posted by gometros
Rae - New York is still normal when it comes to school schedules. My daughter just started on Wednesday and will go to the last week of June.

I am glad to hear that!!!

Rae

Yep, my kids also. Started on Wednesday and go to the end of June also.

Joanna

Originally posted by Mjasp
Yep, my kids also. Started on Wednesday and go to the end of June also.

Joanna

My DD started on Thursday (9-4), and goes to the middle of June, granted that we don't have all the snow days to make up like the last school year!!!

Wow Andy, thats good the middle of June. I guess you don't have off 2 weeks for Christmas like we do.

Joanna

Originally posted by Mjasp
Wow Andy, thats good the middle of June. I guess you don't have off 2 weeks for Christmas like we do.

Joanna

No, one week between Christmas and New Year's.

I would prefer the one week to be able to get off the middle of June. Nicer weather in June.

Joanna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter