Join the Verandah Man Fan Club!!!

Lynn...I thought the same thing. We can say its a family reunion. I mean we are family, right? Then DCL will give us a room to have a DIS family reunion. I know they have a small fee for that, but its worth it.

Originally posted by rae519
First we clone Fidelio, then Andy!!

Rae

Pardon me, I lost my head for a moment. LOL

You are right thought - we should clone them both

Originally posted by Mjasp
Lynn...I thought the same thing. We can say its a family reunion. I mean we are family, right? Then DCL will give us a room to have a DIS family reunion. I know they have a small fee for that, but its worth it.

What a great idea! I wonder if we could get a TA behind us that could get us groups rates. The 45-50 party is a good idea but "someone" may be older than that (according to the calendar anyway) and may still want to join in on this cruise.

Should we start a new thread to see what kind of interest there may be for this. I know I can be very flexible on dates but not everyone can.

Sandy

Go ahead Sandy, Start it and see what interest there is.

Rae, are you still sleeping??? Get up its 11:30 already.

Why don't you start it with a poll of the summer dates with Eastern or Western next to it. To see the response.

This sounds wonderful. Why don't we start a new thread and see how many takers are out there?

Ursula

Originally posted by Mjasp
Go ahead Sandy, Start it and see what interest there is.

Rae, are you still sleeping??? Get up its 11:30 already.

Why don't you start it with a poll of the summer dates with Eastern or Western next to it. To see the response.

Ok - I started a thread but I didn't catch on to the poll part.

Oh that was if you had free time, you could put the dates and whether it was an Eastern or Western cruise and have people vote.

I just read this whole post through, and I will also be 50 in 2005. What a good excuse to book cruise #6! Sounds like a great time with all the DIS people, and something to really look forward to!

Robin ºOº

I hope this catches on! I would love to meet you guys in person.

I would like to join the fan club too-maybe I can be the Transportation Official; Hope Andy and his friends and family are having a great time on the cruise.
Buggie Driver

I'd like to sign up also. I volunteer to be the "Beverage" Director! I specialize in transporting adult libations in lime green water bottles.
I'm expecting you guys will do better than the 7/5/03 DISers who directed me to bring 5 liters of wine to a DIS meet at the Radisson and then were nowhere to be found!!!!!! For shame, for shame.......

P.S. About that 45-50 rule, it needs some serious revising!!! I may act like an 8-yr old, but I've already passed that half-century mark, and wouldn't want you to miss out on my company!

Originally posted by jeanneg
. About that 45-50 rule, it needs some serious revising!!! I may act like an 8-yr old, but I've already passed that half-century mark, and wouldn't want you to miss out on my company!

I fit that catagory myself.

I started another thread for those that were interested in a party cruise and if someone knows how to do a poll feel free to go for it. I am just not that advanced in my skill set yet.

Originally posted by DoomBuggieDriver
I would like to join the fan club too-maybe I can be the Transportation Official; Hope Andy and his friends and family are having a great time on the cruise.
Buggie Driver

I think Joann forgot to sign out, as her name showed up when I got on here. Yes, this is Verandah Man, Live From the Magic, Monday morning 8-25-03, just stopped in to say a "Quick Hello!!!"

I only signed up for the .75 cents per minute, so I didn't take time to read all the posts here.

We are having a MAGICal time.

Our server is Roberto from Peru (thanks Sarah!!!) and assistant server is Prudence from Jamaica, our Head Server is Tommy from Norway. Room steward is Claude.

Will be heading up to the DVC meeting very shortly.

Have been having a "GREAT" time meeting fellow DIS'ers.

My trip report is already 5 hand written pages long, and have taken 175 photos. We are about 375 miles from St. Maarten.

Please pass my greetings along to everyone, and tell Sandy that I was "SEARCHED" at the airport in Atlantic City before leaving for our trip.

You would not believe the reception that "Captain Verandah" received at the DCL Terminal, more will follow in my trip report when I get home.

Not sure if I will get back online or not, my DW is at breakfast, late night last night, and my DD is still sleeping.

Enjoyed listening to Dueling Pianos with Fidelio and Anton last night.

Joann, I saw Que on the way onto the ship, and gave him your cards. He was quite surprised!!!

Well DIS Family, I'm going to leave, give my best to all.

Andy
Verandah Man "aka" Captain Verandah

Originally posted by jlawall
I only signed up for the .75 cents per minute, so I didn't take time to read all the posts here.

Andy - you'll be sorry. That time can add up real quick :)

Sounds like you're already having a great time. Glad to hear it.

How nice of Verandah Man to check in. Now, I hope he stays away from the Internet Cafe and enjoys his Verandah!!

Ursula :D

Hey guys, my husband and I want to go on the Rae and Verandah man cruise, and we will be 56 and 58 in 2005. But we are alot of fun, well at least I am!! Don't get me wrong my husband is a great guy and would do anything for me, such as our first Disney cruise this past March for our 25th wedding anniversary, but he is pretty laid back and quite, me on the other hand, well I do clowning in my spare time!! I'm still playing volleyball and softball on a team of ladies 50 years and older. Went to the Senior Olympics a couple of years ago!! I think there will be older folks like ourselves that love Disney and want to go too. I am a little concerned about going in late August though due to the greater chance of hurricanes and tropical stroms. Maybe we could go in late June or July, and that would accomodate all of you that have children in school or maybe teach or work in the school system. Just a thought and we have plenty of time to coordinate this trip, and a Disney Group Discount for all of us would be great!

Brenda

It all sounds good to me, Brenda!

Ursula

Originally posted by mowanda
Hey guys, my husband and I want to go on the Rae and Verandah man cruise, I am a little concerned about going in late August though due to the greater chance of hurricanes and tropical stroms. Maybe we could go in late June or July, and that would accomodate all of you that have children in school or maybe teach or work in the school system. Just a thought and we have plenty of time to coordinate this trip, and a Disney Group Discount for all of us would be great!

Brenda

Brenda, we sailed in late September 2002 and had to be diverted from Western to Castaway Cay twice, San Juan and St. Thomas for our cruise - which, by the way, was WONDERFUL!

BD had made the suggestion that we do summer since his son would be out of school - I think it's a good idea but will let the others decide when, since I homeschool and can work around any schedule for cruises!!!!

Yes, the more the merrier - and if we can get a discount, GREAT!
Good thinking!

Now to figure out how to get Fidelio there for our entertainment!!!

Rae

GMTA, Rae!!! I was wondering the same thing about getting Fidelio on board to provide the entertainment for the cruise. :)

Originally posted by lbgraves
GMTA, Rae!!! I was wondering the same thing about getting Fidelio on board to provide the entertainment for the cruise. :)

OK - lets sell out the ship and then DCL would have to honor our entertainment requests, LOL!!

This could be a birthday party to end all parties - anyone celebrating a birthday in 2005 come on board!!!

That ship will rock!! We are going to party for a week!!

FIDELIO ROCKS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter