• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got a call...

I felt like saying well, I did already leave her 2 messages to call me but if you think that will work. :sad2:

Ok, maybe if we all call MS for our fav Met fan, She can find out what this is all about, I am watching this thread more then I am looking at the Market!

You should have told her that! A response in a reasonable time is appropriate.

The problem with downsizing the NHL now is the Players Association. Too many would be sent to the AHL, ECHL and so on, There just is not enough top line players in the game today to make a competative NHL with 30 teams.

FWIW, I was just mighty happy to see my O's beat the Yanks again. We don't do much right lately but it's always uplifting to one-up the damn Yankees.

Hold on to that sentiment.....

Now if baseball could just get its head together and enact some sort of salary cap like football does, the sport might just get interesting again. Dynasties are only entertaining for the team's fans.

I disagree. And you demonstrate exactly why, above. It's the same reason ballparks sell out (and raise their ticket prices) when the Yanks come to town. They have LOTS of fans...true...but everyone wants to see their team beat the Evil Empire. The games "matter more"....just like you express above. And that's because the Yanks are a baseball dynasty. You may hate seeing them win, but, ultimately, they've been good for baseball. Even their spending habits are good for baseball..because their luxury tax/revenue sharing contributions keep MANY small market teams afloat when their revenue, alone, wouldn't.

MissMet- Just a thought. If you are at work, have you checked your messages at home? Sometimes when I've given people my work or cell #, they still call at my home #. Maybe?

Wow, bold statement from a team who paid $50 million dollars just to talk to Daisuke Matsuzaka!!!

Nobody else even bid close!!
If I remember correctly, the Yanks were bidding for the same opportunity.
No, it's not factored into the payroll; nor should it be. That money went to the Japenese team (or league?).
Anyway, that won't be an annual expense like payroll will be.

I know NY fans hate to hear it, but the fact is if the Yanks need a center fielder... or a right fielder... or a pitcher... $13 mil, $10 mil, and $28 mil repectively.

Anyway, I love baseball and love the Sox-Yanks banter, but I'm bowing out since this is on the DVC board... :)

MG

MissMet- Just a thought. If you are at work, have you checked your messages at home? Sometimes when I've given people my work or cell #, they still call at my home #. Maybe?

Wish this was the case.:guilty: I gave her my work number on all the messages & MS has my cell as my home number. They don't have my home number.

For what its worth, we got a call from MS concerning our Labor Day trip and when I called back it was to say that our waitlist had come through for VWL.

So think positive :-)

She FINALLY called!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :yay: :woohoo:

After waiting FOREVER she called. Thanks guys for your support it's been a tough time. ;)

:rolleyes1

Oh wait you guys wanna know what happen right? :laughing:

Just kiding! :)

Well, it's good news. I'm not being moved. :woohoo: Apparently, when I made the reservation I asked to be close to the elevators because my mom has a bad back, well apparently the CM put in that I required a handicapped room. So she was calling to let me know that there aren't any handicapped rooms available at AKV yet & wanted to know what they could do for my mom. "Does she need a roll in shower? Can we send you up bed rails?" yada yada. SO I said that we never asked to be in a handicapped room but to just be near the elevator, so she told me that our rooms would be on the 5th or 4th floor and that she would be sure that our rooms are near the elevator. So it worked out.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes & keeping me entertained with the resort bashing/baseball/hockey banter.

The dream trip is still on. Now off to see THE METS! :woohoo:

Glad it worked out and really glad I got the disney happy ending part without the waiting:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

SO I said that we never asked to be in a handicapped room but to just be near the elevator, so she told me that our rooms would be on the 5th or 4th floor and that she would be sure that our rooms are near the elevator.
If you are staying at AKV (not AKL) how could they put you on the 4th floor? AKV is on the 5th and 6th floors of the Lodge. :confused3

If you are staying at AKV (not AKL) how could they put you on the 4th floor? AKV is on the 5th and 6th floors of the Lodge. :confused3

So I'm not crazy. That's what I thought. But she said "you'll be on the 5th" & then stopped & stuttered a little & then said "or 4th floor." :confused3

Maybe she was mistaken?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter