Just got a call...

You won 2 of 3 early, batting against a band aid rotation and lineup because everyone was already on the DL, or heading there. At full strength, you lost 2 of 3.

Season series: 3-3.....played you even. Do you really want to say the AL is THAT much better than you by saying a team that played you even, and did a number on you at full strength is "bad"? :cool1: :cool2:

Well, now I'm turning your comments right back on you. When you guys played us was when we had the "band aid lineup, because everyone was already on the DL, or heading there. At full strength, you lost 2 of 3. Do you really want to say the NL is THAT much better than you by saying a team that played you even, and did a number on you at full strength is "bad"?" :cool1: :cool2:

So like I said, we're even. :cool1:

True, but 30% is a mighty large number. :smokin:

MG

Seems like it, but compared to the small market teams, the Sox Payroll is, um....TRIPLE their's. Also consider that 10 million of our dollars is going to a guy who will never play another game as a Yank (and has only played a handful of them, total) in Pavano. AND the fact the number includes 27 million for A-Rod...and Texas actually picks up a portion of that number (about 9 million). Suddenly that 30% doesn't really seem to be as large "on the field". ;)

Not that that 30% is helping much this year, anyway.

I agree, Hartford is so much better of a hockey town.

And Nashville just doesn't get it, the preds should move to north of the border.

Any word from MS yet????

If you're going to talk hockey, I'll jump in. I see the Pred games alot being in the same division as the Red Wings and there have been times you would have thought they were playing in Detroit not Nashville with all the Wings fans in the stands.

I have a feeling that both Toronto and Buffalo will be looking for some $$$$$ if the Preds move to Hamilton. I have heard about a team in Hamilton for over 20yrs and the Leafs have always wanted to much to give up part of their "marketing" area.

Back on topic, I don't think this could be that serious of an issue with the OP's reservation if she hasn't gotten back to her yet.

Well, now I'm turning your comments right back on you. When you guys played us was when we had the "band aid lineup, because everyone was already on the DL, or heading there. At full strength, you lost 2 of 3. Do you really want to say the NL is THAT much better than you by saying a team that played you even, and did a number on you at full strength is "bad"?" :cool1: :cool2:

So like I said, we're even. :cool1:

The difference is that, so far this year, we ARE bad. Not out of it, but certainly "bad" so far. So yes, I'm willing to say we played, EVEN, the best team in the NL and we're as "bad" as them. They're certainly not bad (and I haven't said they were).

But you're doing the same to a team that is squarely in the middle of the AL, right now....which makes the AL look like a powerhouse league compared to the NL. The inverse (which is what you seem to be trying to do) doesn't work....it just says the same thing.

Wow, bold statement from a team who paid $50 million dollars just to talk to Daisuke Matsuzaka!!!

Nobody else even bid close!!

Good point....and what's interesting is that 50 mill doesn't factor into their payroll, either.

It's considered an operating expense.

You factor that 50 mill in...and they're tied with the Yanks pretty much.

If you're going to talk hockey, I'll jump in. I see the Pred games alot being in the same division as the Red Wings and there have been times you would have thought they were playing in Detroit not Nashville with all the Wings fans in the stands.

I have a feeling that both Toronto and Buffalo will be looking for some $$$$$ if the Preds move to Hamilton. I have heard about a team in Hamilton for over 20yrs and the Leafs have always wanted to much to give up part of their "marketing" area.

Back on topic, I don't think this could be that serious of an issue with the OP's reservation if she hasn't gotten back to her yet.

There's been rumors in Hartford for a year or two that the "Bring Back the Whalers" group, who are trying to bring back an NHL team with a new arena, etc, have been tring to work out buying the Preds...along with a couple of other teams.

I'd take them. They're a blue collar team and would be a good fit for Hartford, I think.

There's been rumors in Hartford for a year or two that the "Bring Back the Whalers" group, who are trying to bring back an NHL team with a new arena, etc, have been tring to work out buying the Preds...along with a couple of other teams.

I'd take them. They're a blue collar team and would be a good fit for Hartford, I think.

The guy looking to buy the Preds is the founder/CEO of the company that makes the Blackberry op system and he's a Canadian, so looking to move the team to Hamilton. He hasn't signed a letter of intent yet, but he has been talking to NHL HQ about moving the team, kind of honked off the current owner(putting the cart before the horse).

Things are starting to drop off in Detroit, you could get decent tickets for the regular season and post season(before you'd be off to the ticket broker if you wanted to go to a game).

Personally, I don't think the NHL can handle another team, the talent is already depleaded, There are a couple of teams that really should move, I love the glorious game, had a great time playing it, but the powers within the NHL are killing the game. Our wonderful comish should be arrested! he is the sadest excuse for a sporting executive I have ever seen.

Any word????? Tell MS we don't have all day to wait!

Personally, I don't think the NHL can handle another team, the talent is already depleaded, There are a couple of teams that really should move, I love the glorious game, had a great time playing it, but the powers within the NHL are killing the game. Our wonderful comish should be arrested! he is the sadest excuse for a sporting executive I have ever seen.

Any word????? Tell MS we don't have all day to wait!

They really should drop the league by about 4-6 teams. My boys(Red Wings) were having problems selling out the playoffs:scared1:

How convenient! She doesn't know why I was called and the manager that called me "is away from her desk" so she sent her an e-mail telling her to call me. :sad2:

I felt like saying well, I did already leave her 2 messages to call me but if you think that will work. :sad2:

The guy looking to buy the Preds is the founder/CEO of the company that makes the Blackberry op system and he's a Canadian, so looking to move the team to Hamilton. He hasn't signed a letter of intent yet, but he has been talking to NHL HQ about moving the team, kind of honked off the current owner(putting the cart before the horse).

Things are starting to drop off in Detroit, you could get decent tickets for the regular season and post season(before you'd be off to the ticket broker if you wanted to go to a game).

Ahh well...guess that's ONE team we won't be getting!

On expansion (from vwlvette) I agree...No expansion. I think the Hartford group has been looking at existing teams to move in.

They really should drop the league by about 4-6 teams. My boys(Red Wings) were having problems selling out the playoffs:scared1:

While I think retraction might be good for hockey, and some of the teams, I'm not sure the league would allow it. It would look too bad. Remember when baseball was considering it? The public relations nightmare that ensued bought those teams a reprieve (well, sort of...one moved, the other was "saved").

I do think some markets are oversaturated, though....I think you could fix that by moving them, rather than eliminating them.

How convenient! She doesn't know why I was called and the manager that called me "is away from her desk" so she sent her an e-mail telling her to call me. :sad2:

I felt like saying well, I did already leave her 2 messages to call me but if you think that will work. :sad2:

I HATE not getting closure!

But, on the plus side, if she didn't know, chances are good it's not a "need to move" call. That would likely be noted on your ressie......

Maybe you were randomly selected for a QA call? Like "Hey, we saw you made a ressie awhile back...how was your experience with our staff?".

I don't know....trying to find "good" reasons, rather than "bad". :)

Wow... I would have left like 10 messages by this time!

It must not be that important if she's putting you off like this today.

Hopefully you're Dream vacation is still intact :wizard: :wizard:

You guys are so funny. I settle down to read the boards with my lunch and discover the "big tragedy potential resort flamefest" has turned into a online Sports Bar social. :lmao:

FWIW, I was just mighty happy to see my O's beat the Yanks again. We don't do much right lately but it's always uplifting to one-up the damn Yankees. Now if baseball could just get its head together and enact some sort of salary cap like football does, the sport might just get interesting again. Dynasties are only entertaining for the team's fans.

So now I guess I'll read the outcome of that call from MS. You can't be on hold that long.

EDIT: Oh so they don't know why? Ahhh, I put this in the category of "If you can't remember it must not have been very important." Next time, I wouldn't be so worried. (But I'd give her a stern warning about leaving descriptive messages on my answering machine. Extremely annoying when they call just before closing and leave you in suspense. At least it wasn't a Friday or Saturday. Imagine a whole weekend lost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter