Just got my SWGE reservation email

Thanks everyone for confirming that I am not alone in having received a SWGE reservation for a time on my check-in date, in an email that has my whole stay shifted forward by one day. Now I can get off of hold (knowing that there are literally thousands of people in front of me with this issue and it will be hours) and go get some lunch.

I will put out there that I put my reservation number into the Disneyland website and it still thinks my ressie is the correct dates, so I think it is just the SWGE reservation process that is messed up, not that anyone's stay has actually been moved.

I'll also offer this rampant speculation as to what went wrong, based on no real factual data: guessing that they moved data from the main system (whatever it is) into some completely new part that they built just to manage these reservations; further that that new database is located in some part of the world where the date is significantly ahead of the US, enough that 8 AM on Thurs. June 6th becomes some time on Wed. June 5th, and that they muffed the data transfer such that all the dates got converted.

I'm staying at the Disneyland Hotel and just got an email for my reservation for GE. Only problem is, they have me arriving May 29 and my reservation is for May 30 at 11 am - 3 pm. I don't actually arrive until May 30 (around 6 pm). Right now I'm on hold on the phone, waiting to correct this problem. It's now been over 30 minutes.

The phone number to call is at the bottom of my email:

If all the information is correct, no further action is needed. However, if any of the booking information is inaccurate, please call the Disneyland® Resort at 888-854-3104.

I'm staying at the Disneyland Hotel and just got an email for my reservation for GE. Only problem is, they have me arriving May 29 and my reservation is for May 30 at 11 am - 3 pm. I don't actually arrive until May 30 (around 6 pm). Right now I'm on hold on the phone, waiting to correct this problem. It's now been over 30 minutes.

The phone number to call is at the bottom of my email:

If all the information is correct, no further action is needed. However, if any of the booking information is inaccurate, please call the Disneyland® Resort at 888-854-3104.
There is no need to call. This happened to everyone. Disney will fix it.

I've been on hold for over 30 minutes too.

Jennytoon probably has the right idea and I think her theory is probably accurate-- I should hang up and wait for them to fix it--- but I can't bring myself to do that.

I'll also offer this rampant speculation as to what went wrong, based on no real factual data: guessing that they moved data from the main system (whatever it is) into some completely new part that they built just to manage these reservations; further that that new database is located in some part of the world where the date is significantly ahead of the US, enough that 8 AM on Thurs. June 6th becomes some time on Wed. June 5th, and that they muffed the data transfer such that all the dates got converted.
Disney IT is still crap.

I think it will be colored wristbands like the Halloween party.
Oh neat! I'm still planning our first trip to Disneyland (can you tell from all my stupid questions?), but they use the colored wristband system at the local trampoline place my 4-year-old likes. Lol, seems like it would work pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter