Kite show šŸ™ƒ

Holly molly. Sure there are things anyone can pick apart with Harmonious and Enchantments, but they are still high quality productions at the end of the day. I just watched the full Kite Tails in 4k on Youtube and it looks like a half-time performance at a college football game. I cant believe this got the green light to move forward!

Why didnā€™t Disney opt to do what they did at Epcotā€¦our permanent structures in. Stargate 2.0.

they could do water, lights, lasers, etc.

No one can expect much out of a show with no fireworks. I think people get it.

Why didnā€™t Disney opt to do what they did at Epcotā€¦our permanent structures in. Stargate 2.0.

they could do water, lights, lasers, etc.

No one can expect much out of a show with no fireworks. I think people get it.

Note they did try to do water walls with projections and they failed.

I wish they had just drained the lake, built World of Color with an animal theme and wowed us.

Can we start booking desert parties for this?

Ironically again .... Rivers of Light's Dessert Party was the best one out there, minus the show. I kept saying if they just had that party in a quiet corner with no show, dropped a few dollars - it would sell out. If they put it in some of the pavilions by the water at Flame Tree with the floating animals lit up out there, pretty music ... it is all it needed. The food, the bar, the decor ... šŸ˜

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/rivers-of-light-dessert-party-review-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

I'm not sure what it says about our family but this is the the new show we are the most excited about. Forget Bargemonios (seriously, what were they thinking :sad2:) and Enchantment (meh), Kite Tails has so much potential for catastrophic failure. Our plan is to grab an adult beverage and embrace the chaos!!

Ironically again .... Rivers of Light's Dessert Party was the best one out there, minus the show. I kept saying if they just had that party in a quiet corner with no show, dropped a few dollars - it would sell out. If they put it in some of the pavilions by the water at Flame Tree with the floating animals lit up out there, pretty music ... it is all it needed. The food, the bar, the decor ... šŸ˜

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/rivers-of-light-dessert-party-review-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

next time you book one Iā€™m coming!

I have only seen Kite Tales on videos from You Tube but OMG what are they thinking? Is it me, by the end I was rolling on the floor laughing at the ridiculousness of how BAD it was? How long do you think this atrocity will last? Yesterday I saw a video somewhere on social media of Baloo stuck in a tree by Flame Tree.
When I watched the media event, Baloo just crashed into the seats on the other side of the lake. as a means to stop. King Louie looked like he had dentures as he floated around the lagoon when they dumped him at the end of the show. One of the jet skis overturned. I am pretty sure they repurposed the puppet pole things from Nemo. I would love to know who signed off on this show? Better yet, who thought this was a good idea? It makes Rivers of Light look wonderful!

Yup! I'm looking at everything from the 50th and I'm amazed that this stuff premiered. Nothing has a story or humor. I'm sad, because Disney shows were always excellent.
This kite show is pretty bad. Maybe Disney should try a water skiing show!

Iā€™m keeping an open mind about Disney Enchantment and Harmonious, since most people are forming negative opinions based on livestreams, rather than in-person experience. I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to take the same view of KiteTails. My initial take was that it looked a little lackluster, but, again, keeping an open mind. Now I think it just looks like a disaster! I hope they at least keep it open until I can see it. I have to admit that, although I donā€™t want anyone to be hurt, I will be a little disappointed if I see a show that doesnā€™t have a kite crash.

I don't think they can win at AK. They can't do FWs, which seems to be what everyone wants. I'm one of the few that didn't hate Rivers of Light. I think they feel they have that big stadium and need to use it but are limited as to what they can do because of the animals. I think they should just repurpose it for something with animals and call it a day. They don't need a night time show other than the tree awakenings.

As far as the other two new shows, like others I've only seen them on line but I wasn't impressed with the one at MK. I'll qualify that by saying I wasn't really a fan of the previous one either. I don't like the trend to projection/FWs mixed shows. Do one or the other for heavens sake, it's too much going on and you really can't watch both. I'm height challenged and after 3 tries, was never able to see the entire castle portion of the previous show. I would do all the things, get there early, get a great spot and right before the show some person (usually a grown man) would stand right in front of me so I couldn't see. It gets so packed I wouldn't be able to shift one way or another so the FWs portion would be all I could see. I don't see that getting any better with the whole projection down main street thing. It's a case of just because you can doesn't mean you should as far as the whole projection thing. Yes, you have the technology but that doesn't mean it's what you need to do.

I also watched a few on line versions of the Epcot show and I didn't hate it. Again, I'll admit I wasn't a fan of the old one with the globe but did actually like Epcot Forever with the kites. Unlike others, I don't really mind that the barges have to stay in the middle of the lake. Do they obstruct the view to other side? Of course, but really, I rarely stand there looking at that view any way.

I haven't seen it, but OP - your description is too funny. :rotfl:
There are multiple videos online and that's all I've seen.
Unfortunately the OP description is very accurate, except the jet ski didn't overturn in the video. Did read about that occurring the next day and the show hasn't been back yet.

Reactions: shh
When I first heard about this, I assumed it'd be highly stylized kites, taking inspiration from the style of the Broadway Lion King/Festival of the Lion King. Trying to make a kite that actually looked like the normal versions of the characters seemed very impractical.

I was both very wrong and very right.

So youā€™re telling me that nobody at Disney thought through the optics of having large characters crash head first into concrete stands?

Iā€™m dying!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter