Male Birth Control Pill - Could be coming soon

My personal pet peeve is when a couple is looking to permanently shut the door on the possibility of pregnancy and the man won't step up for the vasectomy, leaving the woman to undergo a tubal.

I agree!!

After several miscarriages, my DH and I decided no more. He is the one that said, "you know what? You've been through enough" and he had the vasectomy.

What made us laugh was I had to sign that I was okay with it. Do women have to get their DH's permission to have a tubal?

I agree!!

After several miscarriages, my DH and I decided no more. He is the one that said, "you know what? You've been through enough" and he had the vasectomy.

What made us laugh was I had to sign that I was okay with it. Do women have to get their DH's permission to have a tubal?

I did actually.

I agree!!

Some do but i thought this was a thing of the past.

Is requiring permission done at all hospitals, or only Christian ones?
I only know people who have had it done at the latter and needed "permission".

Sacrifices? BC is a choice a woman makes. They could have always relied on a man to put on a condom if they didn't want to use BC themselves. Hormonal BC is a choice it isn't a sacrifice.

We get it, you think men should have to make sacrifices and suffer and how dare they be concerned about any of that.
This is what I was trying to get at. Thank you Hikergirl.

My dh had a vasectomy here in Canada 11 years ago and I never had to see the doctor or sign anything. Nobody tried to talk him out of it. He was 31 at the time and we had three kids. I thought it was only fair for him to get the procedure done as I had given birth three times and we were sure we didn’t want any more kids. He went a long with it but he complained more the following week then I did after given birth which I thought was laughable!

Is requiring permission done at all hospitals, or only Christian ones?
I only know people who have had it done at the latter and needed "permission".

My husband had it done at a urologist's office, which I'm pretty sure is the standard in our area for over 20 years.

I would have needed hospital board or committee approval for a tubal if my doctor had consented to my request to perform it during my second Caesarean, which he refused for other reasons.

I’m not saying it was a conspiracy against women why birth control was first introduced for women or that there aren’t any other benefits. My only point (and I think many others’) is that men have commented about the “risks”. Some of us feel like uh yeah...we have BEEN enduring “risks”.

All medication comes with risks. Any woman that has been taking birth control has accepted the risks themselves. It isn't society or men or anyone else telling them they have to take the risks. They decided for themselves that the risks were worth the benefits. I, personally, wouldn't make that choice. It is totally separate from anyone else that does accept that risk.

I can tell you I did not have to have my wife sign anything.

Last edited:
I agree!!

I’ve heard that they do. Actually makes me feel better you had to sign too. I had only heard of women having to get husband’s permission.

Way around that is just to go to different hospital than normal and check single on app.

Do they do vasectomies in hospitals? Considering the extensive surgeries that are taking place in outpatient facilities, I find it hard to believe routine vasectomies happen in hospitals.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I was talking about tubals and needing the permission of the male part of the couple.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I was talking about tubals and needing the permission of the male part of the couple.

Considering that back in the day I was required to sign for my husband's procedure, I'm guessing that if my doctor had consented to perform a tubal during my last Caesarean my husband's consent would have come up. That never progressed beyond the conversation stage with my doctor since he refused for unrelated reasons.

DW signed off on my vasectomy.

BTW, those things aren’t necessarily as permanent as you’d think. I’ve never been retested since the procedure was done 50 miles from home. But, friends have a “whoops” baby 11 years post vasectomy, and yes, it’s his.

BTW, those things aren’t necessarily as permanent as you’d think. I’ve never been retested since the procedure was done 50 miles from home. But, friends have a “whoops” baby 11 years post vasectomy, and yes, it’s his.

Same with tubals. I’ve seen oops with both. Nothing is 100%.

Tubal ligation and vasectomy are considered medically permanent. They are however not without occurances of pregnancy of a woman or fertility of a man.

Tie tibes, vasectomy, and the pill. Plus pull out method. Combine all those and should be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter