Marrieds choosing not to have kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will help use up our last 2 pages here!

HELP! I can't get this song out of my HEAD! ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!! When I hear this I think of some hillbilly with no shirt and overalls!

I keep walking around singing "hootie boogie woogie":lmao: When he sings that part about the "hootie boogie woogie" he sounds like The Swedish Chef on The Muppets!:lmao:

I must torture you all now so you have the song in your heads! *evil laugh*

(no video, just the song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90mYNqZ1XY4&feature=related

She e-mailed me yesterday for something and said they will not find out anything until Tuesday!

She is running around crazy getting ready for her trip.:cool1:

Tuesday!?!?! What the heck is wrong with those doctors, don't they know they need this info now, for cryin' out loud they have a Disney trip coming up!

On the foot front for me, the new orthotics are working well. I went to the mall Wed. evening and walked around for a couple hours, my feet were killing me but I had great recovery so it's a start. And the weightloss is going well, however I did not see results last weekend on the scale but felt it in my clothes so that another good start. Next week I will increase my exercise.

HELP! I can't get this song out of my HEAD! ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!! When I hear this I think of some hillbilly with no shirt and overalls!

I keep walking around singing "hootie boogie woogie":lmao: When he sings that part about the "hootie boogie woogie" he sounds like The Swedish Chef on The Muppets!:lmao:

I must torture you all now so you have the song in your heads! *evil laugh*

(no video, just the song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90mYNqZ1XY4&feature=related

Madd, that was definitely torture, it sounded like a hill billy heavy metal tune, very funny I must admit. It was hard for me to understand the hootie boogie woogie, must be my old classic rock ears loosing their hearing.:lmao:

Okay, I'm listening to a Disney's Greatest Hits Soundtrack on my computer, let's help put a new song in Madd's mind.......Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work we go, Hi Ho, Hi, Ho.........:yay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8AkKnLMELo

Tuesday!?!?! What the heck is wrong with those doctors, don't they know they need this info now, for cryin' out loud they have a Disney trip coming up!

On the foot front for me, the new orthotics are working well. I went to the mall Wed. evening and walked around for a couple hours, my feet were killing me but I had great recovery so it's a start. And the weightloss is going well, however I did not see results last weekend on the scale but felt it in my clothes so that another good start. Next week I will increase my exercise.

Madd, that was definitely torture, it sounded like a hill billy heavy metal tune, very funny I must admit. It was hard for me to understand the hootie boogie woogie, must be my old classic rock ears loosing their hearing.:lmao:

Okay, I'm listening to a Disney's Greatest Hits Soundtrack on my computer, let's help put a new song in Madd's mind.......Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work we go, Hi Ho, Hi, Ho.........:yay:

Bhaaaaaa! I curse you and your "Hi-Hos"!!!!:rotfl2: :lmao:

Congrats on your weightloss! As long as you can feel it in your clothes you know it is working!!!:dance3: I am sure the weightloss will help a lot with your foot too.

May said they did not want to PO the doc so they are waiting patiently until Tuesday. I guess not matter the results are- he will get a scooter and deal with what comes next when he gets home.:confused3 No way would anything get in my way of a Disney Trip!

Hey Tammy- DH is on a raw food diet kick right now. At first he just bought a bunch of fruits, nuts and veggies and was making salads etc- very boring! So I went online yesterday and found some really good recipes to make things more exciting! Actually I am going to add a lot of the raw food into my diet. I will not be a strict as DH- he eats nothing cooked, processed, pasturized, non-organic, NO COFFEE!:scared: . All of that is not that important to me, besides, I like my yogurt, egg whites, coffee etc. Oh god! and I cannot forget my martinis!

We are having the lettuce wraps tonight for dinner from this site- I am an avacado freak so I will enjoy this!
http://www.living-foods.com/recipes/

Here is another site of you are interested since you are doing so well with your weightloss!
http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/RawRecipes.htm

I want to go and get a dehydrator for some of the recipes.

We have our bike run on Sunday- the weather is going to be beautiful, 78 and sunny! I can't wait.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?

Bhaaaaaa! I curse you and your "Hi-Hos"!!!!:rotfl2: :lmao:

:goodvibes :banana:

Congrats on your weightloss! As long as you can feel it in your clothes you know it is working!!!:dance3: I am sure the weightloss will help a lot with your foot too.

Thanks so much!

May said they did not want to PO the doc so they are waiting patiently until Tuesday. I guess not matter the results are- he will get a scooter and deal with what comes next when he gets home.:confused3 No way would anything get in my way of a Disney Trip!

Glad to hear they are doing the scooter rental, that will probably be the best thing they do! And they can get to the front of every single ride!! How sweet is that?!:woohoo:

Hey Tammy- DH is on a raw food diet kick right now. At first he just bought a bunch of fruits, nuts and veggies and was making salads etc- very boring! So I went online yesterday and found some really good recipes to make things more exciting! Actually I am going to add a lot of the raw food into my diet. I will not be a strict as DH- he eats nothing cooked, processed, pasturized, non-organic, NO COFFEE!:scared: . All of that is not that important to me, besides, I like my yogurt, egg whites, coffee etc. Oh god! and I cannot forget my martinis!

We are having the lettuce wraps tonight for dinner from this site- I am an avacado freak so I will enjoy this!
http://www.living-foods.com/recipes/

Here is another site of you are interested since you are doing so well with your weightloss!
http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/RawRecipes.htm

Thank you, thank you for those websites! A lot of those recipes fit into the Atkins program perfectly! I was just thinking that I am feeling so deprived and that I need to start searching for new ways to make meals. And I LOVE Avocado too!

Also, speaking of cocktails (just ignore me if I mentioned this on here before, I just can't remember:confused3 ), anyway I found this great rum by Bacardi, it's a Melon rum that's flavored with watermelon. I was mixing it with Sprite Zero and feeling very proud and happy that I could have my alcohol and enjoy it too! Then I found this great website, www.bajabob.com that sells some great sugar free pre-mixes. I was looking through the different items that I could order and noticed that FLAVORED RUM HAS ADDED SUGAR!! UGHHHHHHH! I had four of them over the weekend and because of the extra sugar it totally threw me out of ketosis (fat burning on the Atkins plan), so it was like starting all over again Monday. So watch out people if your watching your carbs, flavored rum has added sugar. Thank goodness for Baja Bob!

I want to go and get a dehydrator for some of the recipes.

We have our bike run on Sunday- the weather is going to be beautiful, 78 and sunny! I can't wait.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?

My dad is big into raw foods, he is also a big juicer, he juices everything! He found a specific juicer that does not take all of the nutrients out of the vegetable, apparently those are much more expensive than your usual juicers from the local department/cooking store ($400.00+).

Sounds like we are experiencing the same type of weather this weekend as you, have a wonderful time on your road trip!

Tonight DH & I and my DS & BIL are taking my DM out for dinner. DH is going to bring her car back to our place so he can work on the breaks tomorrow morning, then nothing planned after that except the dreaded grocery shopping and off to the pet store for dog food.

:Thank you, thank you for those websites! A lot of those recipes fit into the Atkins program perfectly! I was just thinking that I am feeling so deprived and that I need to start searching for new ways to make meals. And I LOVE Avocado too!

That is great that you can use the recipes!!! We can compare our meals!:rotfl2:

Also, speaking of cocktails (just ignore me if I mentioned this on here before, I just can't remember:confused3 ), anyway I found this great rum by Bacardi, it's a Melon rum that's flavored with watermelon. I was mixing it with Sprite Zero and feeling very proud and happy that I could have my alcohol and enjoy it too! Then I found this great website, www.bajabob.com that sells some great sugar free pre-mixes. I was looking through the different items that I could order and noticed that FLAVORED RUM HAS ADDED SUGAR!! UGHHHHHHH! I had four of them over the weekend and because of the extra sugar it totally threw me out of ketosis (fat burning on the Atkins plan), so it was like starting all over again Monday. So watch out people if your watching your carbs, flavored rum has added sugar. Thank goodness for Baja Bob!

No- I do not remember you mentioning that. I am not a carb watcher. However, If you can somehow fit this little yummy drink into your diet you will be happy........Vanilla Vodka and 7UP!!!!!:worship: :worship: Of course, you will need to use Diet 7Up, but it tastes exactly ike cream soda!!!!!:banana: Not sure if there is any sugar in the vodka from the vanilla flavor- it does not taste sweet at all!

I am laughing b/c I am still not sure if I can ever get my chocolate martini's to become low-cal:lmao: I am going to a friend's house tonight- so she did a liquor store run at lunch today- she got me Godiva liquor and vanilla vodka for my martinis- ........:lmao: she asked "now is coffee-mate creamer considered half and half?":lmao: :rotfl2: I said "good try- now you sound like me!" :laughing:

DH is always saying- "Just put the %$#$ing half and half in the drink and stop trying to make it low-fat!":lmao: I have 2% milk and fat free half and half in the fridge- it tastes like crap!:lmao: :rotfl2:

My dad is big into raw foods, he is also a big juicer, he juices everything! He found a specific juicer that does not take all of the nutrients out of the vegetable, apparently those are much more expensive than your usual juicers from the local department/cooking store ($400.00+).
:eek: maybe we can find a mini-juicer:rotfl2:

Tonight DH & I and my DS & BIL are taking my DM out for dinner. DH is going to bring her car back to our place so he can work on the breaks tomorrow morning, then nothing planned after that except the dreaded grocery shopping and off to the pet store for dog food.

Have fun!

That is great!!! And hey, it's nice to feel like your clothes are fitting better even when you don't see numbers going down on the scale..at least you still know you are doing something right!

No- I do not remember you mentioning that. I am not a carb watcher. However, If you can somehow fit this little yummy drink into your diet you will be happy........Vanilla Vodka and 7UP!!!!!:worship: :worship: Of course, you will need to use Diet 7Up, but it tastes exactly ike cream soda!!!!!:banana: Not sure if there is any sugar in the vodka from the vanilla flavor- it does not taste sweet at all!

I am laughing b/c I am still not sure if I can ever get my chocolate martini's to become low-cal:lmao: I am going to a friend's house tonight- so she did a liquor store run at lunch today- she got me Godiva liquor and vanilla vodka for my martinis- ........:lmao: she asked "now is coffee-mate creamer considered half and half?":lmao: :rotfl2: I said "good try- now you sound like me!" :laughing:

Yes! The Vanilla Vodka & "diet" 7-up will work for sure! Hmmm, I think I need to make a liquor store run myself!

You know those chocolate martini's sound so d*mn good!!! I am on a mission to find out if I can make those Atkin's friendly!

That is great!!! And hey, it's nice to feel like your clothes are fitting better even when you don't see numbers going down on the scale..at least you still know you are doing something right!

Thanks Tiffany, it does feel really good! I tried on 2 pair of slacks that I have not wore all summer because they just felt a little too snug to wear and they now feel perfectly comfortable to wear again! Yippee!:yay:

On a side note I want to say how beautiful your Lestat is. We really miss our cat Samantha and I have been thinking of adopting from the Humane Society or we actually have a friend who has kittens available in about 6 weeks. But I just can't convince DH to agree. I think it was so devastating for him when we had to put her down that he just cannot accept a new kitty in his life yet. (heavy sigh), I guess I will just be patient and hope he will come around eventually.

Thanks Tiffany, it does feel really good! I tried on 2 pair of slacks that I have not wore all summer because they just felt a little too snug to wear and they now feel perfectly comfortable to wear again! Yippee!:yay:

On a side note I want to say how beautiful your Lestat is. We really miss our cat Samantha and I have been thinking of adopting from the Humane Society or we actually have a friend who has kittens available in about 6 weeks. But I just can't convince DH to agree. I think it was so devastating for him when we had to put her down that he just cannot accept a new kitty in his life yet. (heavy sigh), I guess I will just be patient and hope he will come around eventually.

aww. thanks! I'm sure your DH will come around eventually. It is exceptionally hard saying goodbye to a pet...they are with you so long and really are a member of the family...however I do know, that I don't think I'd be able to be without a kitty...Maybe try to convince him that getting a new kitty is not replacing Samantha but filling a new place in your home that is very empty...Take him to see the kitties when they are born...I know I can't resist a kitty!

Yes! The Vanilla Vodka & "diet" 7-up will work for sure! Hmmm, I think I need to make a liquor store run myself!

You know those chocolate martini's sound so d*mn good!!! I am on a mission to find out if I can make those Atkin's friendly!

Atkins friendly AND Delish!? They need to go hand in hand:rotfl2: Good luck!

Happy Monday Everybody! Okay, so not so much "happy" but we're into another week and heading for a new weekend!

How were your weekends?

Madd, how did that road trip go with DH?

Anyone else out there?

Our weekend started out good, beautiful weather, DH helped my mom with her car, replaced the rotors, changed the oil, checked all the fluids, etc. She was very happy with that!

Gave Veda (our dog) a bath yesterday, she really needed it! Unfortunately the foot started bothering me again, I didn't do anything to it, didn't walk too much on it. It was feeling really good last week, and then it got progressively worse over the weekend and this morning I could hardly walk on it. I put my shoes on and that helped, and 3 ibuprofen later it's okay but still hurts. Not sure if it's the change in weather, I do have a bit of arthritis in it (at my young age!), but I wouldn't think it would make it that sore.:confused3 So it's off to the orthopedic doctor again and see if he can figure out why it feels good one day and the next I can't walk on it. Very frustrating!!!:headache:

Happy Monday Everybody! Okay, so not so much "happy" but we're into another week and heading for a new weekend!

How were your weekends?

Madd, how did that road trip go with DH?

Anyone else out there?

Our weekend started out good, beautiful weather, DH helped my mom with her car, replaced the rotors, changed the oil, checked all the fluids, etc. She was very happy with that!

Gave Veda (our dog) a bath yesterday, she really needed it! Unfortunately the foot started bothering me again, I didn't do anything to it, didn't walk too much on it. It was feeling really good last week, and then it got progressively worse over the weekend and this morning I could hardly walk on it. I put my shoes on and that helped, and 3 ibuprofen later it's okay but still hurts. Not sure if it's the change in weather, I do have a bit of arthritis in it (at my young age!), but I wouldn't think it would make it that sore.:confused3 So it's off to the orthopedic doctor again and see if he can figure out why it feels good one day and the next I can't walk on it. Very frustrating!!!:headache:

ugh Tammy I am so sorry to hear about your set-back:sad2: Please let us know what the doc says!

Sunday's bike run was nice. It took about 2 hours. I wanted to post a few pics- BUT- Photobucket is acting insane right now! Am I the only one who has problems with it freezing up???!!!!:mad:

I will post them later:sad2:

Friday- went to a friend's house for martinis!!:cool1:

Saturday- I started getting ready for fall! I went around the yard and scooped up all of my garden treasures and put them in my garden shed. But not before I took a few hours to clean it out and organize it so I can fit everything in there neatly. Now- I will just sit and wait patiently for DH to open it up and throw all of his JUNK in there and mess it up!:guilty: Yes- he has a 30x40 polebarn and my teeny tiny little shed it hidden behind his, but he finds it necessary to put his junk in mine!- Men!:headache:

Any day now, I have to start putting up my Halloween decorations!:banana:

This Saturday we have a girl's day out. Our 2nd annual trip to Lancaster PA. Maybe Sunday I will do my decorations.

my parents came in to visit for the day Saturday. We had a good time, went out and walked a little as well.
Sunday was a pretty lazy day...watched some movies and lazed around!

Madd, I really had to tear myself away from all the awesome Halloween decorations at Garden Ridge Saturday when I was there...oh my goodness, they had some awesome stuff. We just don't have any outdoor space in which to put a lot of it, so none for me...

Tammy, I hope your foot feels better!!!

Madd, I really had to tear myself away from all the awesome Halloween decorations at Garden Ridge Saturday when I was there...oh my goodness, they had some awesome stuff. We just don't have any outdoor space in which to put a lot of it, so none for me...

You can always put orange bulbs in the xmas candles they sell and put them in your windows, or string up some lights and use window decorations! But will anyone see the window decorations? You should hang a skeleton out of your window and have him dangle from the building! :banana: Do you have a balcony? That is sad- so, you get no trick or treaters since you are in the apt!?:eek: I would have to move:laughing:

I know when I go to pull out all of my decorations- I will be saying- OMG- I forgot I bought this last year at "the day after" sale! :banana:

I bought 2 or 3 of the big skeletons and clowns that you hang from your trees that look like they are flying- and a strobe light, lots more head stones- I DO remember those things- but the rest will be a surprise:rotfl2:

I can't wait until Nov 1st this year! I am going to be scooping up more savings! I have to go back soon and really study the Halloween Store so I know where to run and what to grab!

UGH- my friend (the other Halloween freak) bought this gross thing that looks like a guy puking in a bucket!:scared: He makes the noise and it came with "mix". Someone told her to add small pieces of cork to the mixure so it looks real! UGH! I told he do not get that thing near me or else my head will be right in the bucket with him! That is ONE thing I cannot tolerate, puke.:scared1: :scared: :eek: I do not find that scary at all!:sad2:

ugh Tammy I am so sorry to hear about your set-back:sad2: Please let us know what the doc says!

Will do, I have an appointment at 1:30, this Thursday.

Sunday's bike run was nice. It took about 2 hours. I wanted to post a few pics- BUT- Photobucket is acting insane right now! Am I the only one who has problems with it freezing up???!!!!:mad:

I will post them later:sad2:

Definitely post pics, I would love to see them!

Saturday- I started getting ready for fall! I went around the yard and scooped up all of my garden treasures and put them in my garden shed. But not before I took a few hours to clean it out and organize it so I can fit everything in there neatly. Now- I will just sit and wait patiently for DH to open it up and throw all of his JUNK in there and mess it up!:guilty: Yes- he has a 30x40 polebarn and my teeny tiny little shed it hidden behind his, but he finds it necessary to put his junk in mine!- Men!:headache:

Any day now, I have to start putting up my Halloween decorations!:banana:

I have yet to collect all of my little garden ornaments, maybe next weekend. I am definitely getting antsy to start putting out all of my Halloween decorations though. I think we should post some pics after we have all completed our decorating, what do you ladies think?

my parents came in to visit for the day Saturday. We had a good time, went out and walked a little as well.
Sunday was a pretty lazy day...watched some movies and lazed around!

Thanks so much for the well wishes.

On the subject of shopping for Halloween, this year we will be coming home the day before Halloween so we will still be handing out candy for the very few kids we have in the neighborhood. Each year DH says he is going to buy one of those fogger machines to make the house look spooky, I keep hoping he does (maybe this year!). They have come out with so many unique and scary things to put in the yard it's not to go overboard with the spending!

I have yet to collect all of my little garden ornaments, maybe next weekend. I am definitely getting antsy to start putting out all of my Halloween decorations though. I think we should post some pics after we have all completed our decorating, what do you ladies think?

And gentlemen!! Sure- sounds fun!

On the subject of shopping for Halloween, this year we will be coming home the day before Halloween so we will still be handing out candy for the very few kids we have in the neighborhood. Each year DH says he is going to buy one of those fogger machines to make the house look spooky, I keep hoping he does (maybe this year!). They have come out with so many unique and scary things to put in the yard it's not to go overboard with the spending!

A FOG MACHINE!!:banana: I will have to add that to my day after list!!!! Great idea! Thanks!:thumbsup2

Well- I have an update on my Savannah trip. Last week I thought I mentioned that we might stop somewhere to and from Savannah to give us a rest with the driving. Well- DH was actually the one who suggested it before I brought it up to him!

On our way down we are going to stop in NC just to sleep. NOT much to see there. :rolleyes: On our way home, though, DH said he would like to stop in Williamsburg for a day or 2! I have to go and look up some ghost tours for Williamsburg now!:cool1:

And gentlemen!! Sure- sounds fun!

A FOG MACHINE!!:banana: I will have to add that to my day after list!!!! Great idea! Thanks!:thumbsup2

Well- I have an update on my Savannah trip. Last week I thought I mentioned that we might stop somewhere to and from Savannah to give us a rest with the driving. Well- DH was actually the one who suggested it before I brought it up to him!

On our way down we are going to stop in NC just to sleep. NOT much to see there. :rolleyes: On our way home, though, DH said he would like to stop in Williamsburg for a day or 2! I have to go and look up some ghost tours for Williamsburg now!:cool1:

Oops, didn't mean to miss the guys, sorry guys, show your Halloween decoration pics!:banana:

A fog machine is definitely a great day after purchase, if you can find them. It seems like each year they actually run out of them before the date. Good luck with that. And your welcome for the idea!

Awesome, add a couple more days to the trip with Williamsburg. I would love to go there too! Definitely post your links when you find out about the ghost tours.

Just checking in with ya'll and notice we have hit page 250! :banana:
Nothing is new. DH sees the Dr tomorrow so I'll gove you all the update on our other thread. I've been busy as hell getting things ready to go and running a gajillion errands.
I had to have the oil changed and when they started the SUV the stereo was screaming out a little Dimmu. These were all younger guys and they were in shock that I was playing black metal:rotfl2: One of them said "OMG how can you hear?" I informed him that I had actually turned it down when I pulled in!:lmao:
Hope you're all doing well. back to housework and cooking dinner! Oh BTW I had my hair done Friday. It's now a lovely deep plum color all over. It kinda looks dark brown but when I'm in the light you can see the color. I ditched the idea of going for the streaks and had the whole head done. I love it! She also cut off about 2 inches but it still goes down to my waist. Guess I could spare that much, eh?
:laundy:

Hey May- glad to hear from you!

Guess what? Dimmu is coming back to town! They are playing with Danzig- I think I might go. Amon Amarth will also be in town- however, we will be in NC, on our way to Savannah that day.

This past Wednesday we saw Opeth. OMG! So NOT what I expected......but pleasantly surprised! I went into the concert blind. I heard a few songs on Hard Attack and really liked them, however, never picked up a CD before the concert *ouch*

DH hit the nail on the head, describing them as having A.D.D. :laughing: They can be banging out a death metal tune, growling and crunching and then all of sudden....the song takes a turn......dead stop......to this mellow tune! I described them as this: death, black, psychodelic, stoner, jazz, jam BAND! All wrapped into one! Some of their songs would go on 15-20 minutes b/c they were just jamming with each other- It was awesome! They even sang a ballad! The fans were moshing like crazy in the pit one minute and chillin' with their lighters lit the next!

Crazy stuff I tell ya!

Well- good luck to DH tomorrow!:hug:

Oops, didn't mean to miss the guys, sorry guys, show your Halloween decoration pics!:banana:

A fog machine is definitely a great day after purchase, if you can find them. It seems like each year they actually run out of them before the date. Good luck with that. And your welcome for the idea!

Awesome, add a couple more days to the trip with Williamsburg. I would love to go there too! Definitely post your links when you find out about the ghost tours.

Tammy do you have the large Halloween shops near you? They are usually Spirit or Halloween Adventure? The Spirit shop had A LOT to choose from the day after last year! Maybe you will be in luck. Actually I do think I remember some fog machines but did not go for them!

I love Williamsburg- I have been there once before (well, in addition to my other life;) ) and can't wait to go back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter