Matt's Sunrise Safari Report - Breakfast on the Jungle Cruise!!

I lost 15lbs for my race last Nov, and I have been working out the past two weeks hard core with this walk to the hits dvd and already have lost 3 more lbs. Congrats to every one who has lost some wight. Isn't it a great feeling.

And I loved all the pics and this trip report.
Congrats... it's hard, but worth it.

It was truly a wonderful report, Matt -- and it was amazing to see Adventureland and the Jungle Cruise setting in the morning light, with the sky changing color (and no crowds). The parting gifts are incredible -- I was eager to see the mask, but I had no idea about the box with the photo, so that was a surprise!
Pre-opening and post-close are some of my favorite times at DLR. I love having the whole place to myself. So Magical...

This was particularly fun to read, not only because you captured the essence of the whole experience so well in your descriptions and photos but also because this is something that many people will never do. I mean, sure, a lot of people may never do something like the Happiest Haunts Tour either, but that event is not so elusive and exclusive. It's there if someone wants to do it, and it is less expensive. The Sunrise Safari is much more exclusive -- and expensive -- which means it will maintain its novelty and specialness for a while, so a lot of folks will be living vicariously through reports.
I am really impressed at what DLR has been doing lately with the special events. They are really "Plussing" the guest experience.. It may come at a price, but still so worth it.

I think that the DIS Unplugged folks should have you on as a guest to talk about the experience!!! (Yoo hoo... Tom and Mary Jo.... ;) )
I haven't spoken with Tom and Mary Jo since last fall. It was my first time meeting Tony too... to which I accidentally insulted him about thinking he was younger than he actually was... even made the podcast... Great times!!

Hi Matt,

Just finished reading your fantastic report. Thank you for all of the details and the wonderful pictures. I'm glad you were able to do it, and also that you took the time to share it with us. I don't know if I could ever do something like this, but it looks like a top notched experience with your breakfast location, food quality, and experience. That's a shame they didn't let you steer the boat, but I can understand why. I like that they let you switch. Now I'm going to go read it again. :)

WOW. Just found your report - amazing photos and this experience looks so cool. I would love to arrange for my dad to be able to do this someday. Okay, on to page 2... and of course now I will have to read all of your other trip reports too!

Thank you so much for your report! I would love to experience this event, but I'm afraid it's out of my budget. At least I can live vicariously through your report! :P

I was going to make the same comment, but then thought "What if I was just remembering wrong!" Congrats on the weight loss!
Same here!!! I just thought it was the lack of Dapper attire at first, but I kept thinking...something looks different! Great job Matt!!! You look fantastic!!:banana:

Awesome report Matt!! I would have loved to do it with a friend, but the thought of paying $600 for me and my dd made the thought impossible. Looks like it was definitely a unique experience. Too bad they didn't let you take empty park pics though...

Awesome report Matt!! I would have loved to do it with a friend, but the thought of paying $600 for me and my dd made the thought impossible. Looks like it was definitely a unique experience. Too bad they didn't let you take empty park pics though...
You should totally do it!!! A truly unique experience.

Nikon D600. I REALLY want the D750. The D600 while pretty good with high ISO, can't hold a candle to the new D750. I've got all the glass I could ever want now (outside of really exotic stuff like 300mm f/2.8), so a new body will be up next. Probably next year. I really like the smaller format of the D600/750 vs. the HUGE format of the D3/4. Full frame in a crop-sensor sized body is what I like.

We are looking for a new Nikon and looking at the 750 or 810. Which 14-24mm lens are you using? I know we "need" a new regular lens, but DH was also looking for a good wide angle. Great pictures! Loving the report.

I am really impressed at what DLR has been doing lately with the special events. They are really "Plussing" the guest experience.. It may come at a price, but still so worth it.

This! The MSBB experience was amazing and between how well that was done, along with your report, I'm seriously considering the Jungle Cruise Breakfast. Of course the dates that are showing up in the booking calendar aren't actually showing any availability for 1, 2, or the actual 4 we'd want!

We are looking for a new Nikon and looking at the 750 or 810. Which 14-24mm lens are you using? I know we "need" a new regular lens, but DH was also looking for a good wide angle. Great pictures! Loving the report.
The 750 is superior for pretty much all scenarios except landscape/portrait work. The 810 is less than ergonomic, has weird card configuration (1 CF, 1 SD), and just generally isn't a preferred body. Unless you need ridiculous megapixel, there's simply no benefit to it over the 750. From everything I've read the 750 is pretty much the best body to have short of the D(x) line. I'm using this:

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-14-24mm...?ie=UTF8&qid=1443741351&sr=8-1&keywords=14-24

And outside of the 50mm f/1.4 D on the body, here's what I take with me on my family trips:

DSC_3443%20(Large).jpg

L->R
85mm f/1.4G
70-200mm f/2.8G VRII
24-70 f/2.8G (best all around lens in the world)
14-24 f/2.8G
24mm f/1.4G

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter