New BLT direct incentives!

They must have taken too many BLT through ROFR - and they are sitting on it now as many - who want a monorail resort are waiting for VGFII . Its simple supply / demand. The economy is shaky and interest rates are going up. They cannot charge these prices if they hope to sell
I think we are starting to see a pattern now with DVC “fire sales”. First was the BWV discount, then the AUL deal which was a tremendous value, now we are seeing the same big discount at BLT. I wonder if the plan is to just kinda rotate a big discount on non active resorts (well AUL is active, but I think the main focus of DVC is RIV now) for like a one month deal. Maybe they think this is a way to get people who were thinking of adding on but we’re not into RIV to go ahead and jump in. The goal is not to sell tons of points, but most likely get 20-40k sold.

I personally think overall the prices are just too high. They have increased at a crazy rate over a short period of time. I am very interested in BLT and have been watching the resales for at least a year. I would never be a customer for VGF. I got DVC specifically for the 1+bedroom rooms. A studio, and even moreso a "resort studio" does not interest me at all. It's why I don't consider poly even though I would buy it if they did have room options. (As an aside, I think these glorified hotel rooms cheapen the DVC brand more than anything else people have mentioned so far.)

People upthread keep tossing around this great deal, but in order to get the great deal, you have to drop $60K at once. I just can't see justifying that when I've been eyeing a resale contract for $175. Even if I were willing to pay full price for that it is $22/pp off the best direct incentive. That's just not low enough to bridge the resale/direct gap for me. Maybe if it was the difference between $100 and $122 pp, but not $200. That's a lot of money. Right now there is effectively no perk to owning direct. That could change, sure, but I don't think it will anytime soon with the way things have been going. I'll just hang out over here with the people hoping this drives the resale prices down a bit, though I don't think I can jump on it in the next month anyway.

I think we are starting to see a pattern now with DVC “fire sales”.

Maybe they think this is a way to get people who were thinking of adding on but we’re not into RIV to go ahead and jump in. The goal is not to sell tons of points, but most likely get 20-40k sold.

I think you're right and that's the way forward for a bit but it is supremely odd. It's not very profitable for the division and a hassle with ROFR. I scratch my head. Why do all this when it would be easier to end Riviera restrictions and make a larger profit by pushing it as the developer? Seems to me that DVC are quite confused themselves. Is it worth all the stubborness not to change Riviera?

Last edited:
I think we are starting to see a pattern now with DVC “fire sales”. First was the BWV discount, then the AUL deal which was a tremendous value, now we are seeing the same big discount at BLT. I wonder if the plan is to just kinda rotate a big discount on non active resorts (well AUL is active, but I think the main focus of DVC is RIV now) for like a one month deal. Maybe they think this is a way to get people who were thinking of adding on but we’re not into RIV to go ahead and jump in. The goal is not to sell tons of points, but most likely get 20-40k sold.
This is what I was suggesting up thread, and it makes sense to me. I think they ROFR’ed just enough extra points to build up the inventory for a one month long door buster offer.

I personally think overall the prices are just too high. They have increased at a crazy rate over a short period of time. I am very interested in BLT and have been watching the resales for at least a year. I would never be a customer for VGF. I got DVC specifically for the 1+bedroom rooms. A studio, and even moreso a "resort studio" does not interest me at all. It's why I don't consider poly even though I would buy it if they did have room options. (As an aside, I think these glorified hotel rooms cheapen the DVC brand more than anything else people have mentioned so far.)

People upthread keep tossing around this great deal, but in order to get the great deal, you have to drop $60K at once. I just can't see justifying that when I've been eyeing a resale contract for $175. Even if I were willing to pay full price for that it is $22/pp off the best direct incentive. That's just not low enough to bridge the resale/direct gap for me. Maybe if it was the difference between $100 and $122 pp, but not $200. That's a lot of money. Right now there is effectively no perk to owning direct. That could change, sure, but I don't think it will anytime soon with the way things have been going. I'll just hang out over here with the people hoping this drives the resale prices down a bit, though I don't think I can jump on it in the next month anyway.

I think it’s a great deal for being able to get the resort direct. 200 points at $202 brings it to a point where the choice between direct and resale is no longer a no brainer.

For this month, it’s only about a 30% savings. For some, the benefits of unrestricted points and membership perks whatever those may be may be worth it over time.

Nothing says Sale like a confused customer knocking at the DVC door… they just need you to visit .
They know how to sell it Once you are there.

I think it’s a great deal for being able to get the resort direct. 200 points at $202 brings it to a point where the choice between direct and resale is no longer a no brainer.

For this month, it’s only about a 30% savings. For some, the benefits of unrestricted points and membership perks whatever those may be may be worth it over time.
Isn’t 30% off of $40,000 like $12,000? Honey, you may be swimmin’ in it, but that’s nothing to sneeze at in my house. I hear the “Over life of ownership,” yadda, yadda, but I’d take $12,000 today over saving 10% at restaurants… as long as Disney is still into me… any day, twice on Sundays.

$7800 is still great savings probably worth more than direct perks. I too bought 200 BLT last spring. While I wish I had more direct points, there was no way to know that Disney was going to drop this one. No one saw this coming.
I was a little bummed. But we have plenty of direct points and all our current resale points can stay at the new resorts so we don’t need more direct points.

This is exactly me! No desire for studios, disappointed bigger rooms aren’t at Poly and VGF2. Not looking to add on 300 pts if I can get a loaded 100-pt contract at $175 resale. My fatal flaw, though, is I am impatient, thus tempted by instant gratification of direct sale as someone mentioned above…but your comment is helping me process! Thank you for articulating the confused mess going on in my brain!!

This is exactly me! No desire for studios, disappointed bigger rooms aren’t at Poly and VGF2. Not looking to add on 300 pts if I can get a loaded 100-pt contract at $175 resale. My fatal flaw, though, is I am impatient, thus tempted by instant gratification of direct sale as someone mentioned above…but your comment is helping me process! Thank you for articulating the confused mess going on in my brain!!
We have bought both direct and resale. I’ve heard terrible stories about the pain of buying resale and really didn’t want to do it. But the last two purchases have been so easy. They were both fully loaded contracts, seller signed the contracts as fast as we did, passed ROFR in under two weeks, closed fast and points in our account fast. It took about 6 weeks for the entire process. Since we already have points and our vacations booked, I don’t mind waiting.

We have bought both direct and resale. I’ve heard terrible stories about the pain of buying resale and really didn’t want to do it. But the last two purchases have been so easy. They were both fully loaded contracts, seller signed the contracts as fast as we did, passed ROFR in under two weeks, closed fast and points in our account fast. It took about 6 weeks for the entire process. Since we already have points and our vacations booked, I don’t mind waiting.
I’m hoping for same! Currently in ROFR Day 16 for 3 resales ><

Resale has to drop. At 197, the obvious choice is BLT direct even against SSR resale, currently getting bought back in the 140s. If I were in a 10 day resale period as a buyer, I'd be canceling.
Not even close. $197 direct is for 300+ points. Most do not buy that much. Even 200 points is $202. I will agree if your buying 300+ BLT points direct could be deal for you for direct benefits, but 150 resale still saves you a lot of money over direct even with discounts. 200-400 BLT resale prices are asking $160’s to $170’s depending on how loaded they are. Even at $170 per point for 300 points you save $8,000 over direct. But 300+ point SSR contracts are offered in the $120’s. Your talking over $22,000 in savings for SSR over BLT direct. There was one SSR taken in January at $130 pp , bust several passed in the $120’s and one at $115 pp. The $115 was a 200 point contract. BLT has been passing in the mid $155-160 for 200 plus points. So 200 points will cost about $9,000 more direct, no hassle no waiting and with benefits. Or if I was looking at 200+ points SSR direct, I would go with BLT direct.

Last edited:

We own multiple DVC contracts currently, some direct and some via resale and until recently, I preferred the direct purchase route due to ease and instant gratification. Our earlier resale contract experiences were often frustrating and drawn out but the way new prices have continued to sky rocket and the delta between new and resale pricing at Poly has continued to grow, we decided to add-on yet again via resale and the process to date has been very quick and smooth.

Do these new incentives interest me? Yes, but even with the discount for 200 pts on offer, the price still exceeds $200 per point and that is just too high for us. We are already blue card holders and aside not being able to use our newly acquired resale points towards Riviera Resort or the new Disneyland Tower, I see no benefit any longer to buying new.

I think this is another indicator that DVC isn't contemplating anything close to $255 for VGF points. If they were, then you leave BLT at $245 and it IS the value alternative on the monorail--without a ~$40 price cut.

If you were to buy direct, how much do you save on the annual pass being a direct owner(if/when they come back) compared to the full price of the pass? I'm currently waiting to see if DVC takes a contract we have in ROFR. If it gets ROFR, to us buying direct with the discount may be a decent option if we can recoup that difference over time in annual passes too.

If they would only offer this special for the Poly! :mickeyjum Hopefully, some folks thoughts of a "DVC Resort Special of the Month" happens in the future.

If you were to buy direct, how much do you save on the annual pass being a direct owner(if/when they come back) compared to the full price of the pass? I'm currently waiting to see if DVC takes a contract we have in ROFR. If it gets ROFR, to us buying direct with the discount may be a decent option if we can recoup that difference over time in annual passes too.
The price was the same, no discount. Just that is was one of the AP’s available to Florida residents made available to qualified DVC members.

AP sales have been suspended with no timetable on if or when they’ll resume sales.

When I bought annual passes 5-10yrs ago, I didn't find the DVC discount to be much -- maybe 10-20% at most? $200 per pass at most? There was one year they offered the platinum pass at a lower rate than usual, but that happened only once in my memory. I was disappointed when the discount wasn't offered again, but to me it reinforces the fact that direct discounts like this are limited in value and not guaranteed. Not comparable to guaranteed savings through resale.

On the other hand, I am salty because I just got ROFR'd on 3 out of 4 resale bids. I either know how to pick 'em, or I really don't :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter