Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

When I chatted with a cast member this morning, she said that phone ticket sales would began at 7 am eastern but that they had not been told what time online ticket sales would start. Last week, the cast member told me to try both at midnight and 6 am for online since Disney hadn't told cast members the release time yet. Good luck everybody on getting your tickets :-)

Here is what I was just told by guest services. The person I spoke with said that their team is very confused about the issue of online vs phone (only) for early purchases. The info they have received is confusing and they have not been able to get clarification. She stated that because there is no way for their computer system to know that you are a resort guest when purchasing special event tickets online, her team thinks that early purchases will have to be made by phone. They thought that travel agents might be able to make early purchases online, but that was also not completely clear to her team. So, it sounds like we may need to try both but plan to be on the phone......

Looking at Boo Bash sales and with this price increase, I doubt anything sells out quickly except for the first and last days. And those might not be for a few weeks.
Unless they reduced capacity to like 10% or something…

Be prepared for tomorrow morning to be an absolute nightmare. I’m trying for a pretty random date so I hope it’s not too hard but Disney IT is known for being a disaster. 🤣

I legit changed my work schedule so that I'm off on Tuesday. I plan to call early and just have my phone plugged in while I wait for a few hours......

I have to call since I'm converting a Boo Bash to Merriest and that can only be done by an actual cast member.

It's typically 7am Eastern. The 6am might have been from someone in the Central Zone talking about when they log on. (I'm Central so I try to remember to reference that when I list times)

Terrific, thanks. I’m East Coast and am usually up late so I might try the website at midnight just for the heck of it. And also be ready to go at 7 AM by phone.

I am assuming I can buy these tickets using multiple Disney gift cards? Is there any sense merging them together or will I be allowed to pay using 3 separate gift cards? Thinking we are going to splurge and go although this cost is killing me!

I am assuming I can buy these tickets using multiple Disney gift cards? Is there any sense merging them together or will I be allowed to pay using 3 separate gift cards? Thinking we are going to splurge and go although this cost is killing me!

If you merge them then you only have to really keep track of one card. In the instances that there are refunds or left over funds they revert back to the gift card. Keeping track of one is easier than keeping track of 3. Plus that way you only have to travel with one extra card.

Here is what I was just told by guest services. The person I spoke with said that their team is very confused about the issue of online vs phone (only) for early purchases. The info they have received is confusing and they have not been able to get clarification. She stated that because there is no way for their computer system to know that you are a resort guest when purchasing special event tickets online, her team thinks that early purchases will have to be made by phone. They thought that travel agents might be able to make early purchases online, but that was also not completely clear to her team. So, it sounds like we may need to try both but plan to be on the phone......

Thank you, Bibbobboo2u, for your research and reporting back what you were told!

It's frustrating to hear them say that their computer system has no way of knowing that you're a resort guest...because, hello, yes it does (if you're signed in and have your reservation linked to MDE). I mean, for heaven's sake, that's how the system knows you're entitled to the 60+10 day benefit when making ADRs.

If you merge them then you only have to really keep track of one card. In the instances that there are refunds or left over funds they revert back to the gift card. Keeping track of one is easier than keeping track of 3. Plus that way you only have to travel with one extra card.
I should clarify, its 3 $500 cards and the max to combine is $1000 on a card so I will still be juggling multiples =) good point though!

I know when I sign into the Disney website and this is not the DVC website but disney.com they know that I'm a DVC member so I would think they would know that someone was a resort guest. They use this info for the 60-day window and what used to be the 180-day. Also, all that reservation info is available under MDE so I find this hard to believe. I don't know. Maybe this is what they're thinking but frankly, it's not great that people on the front line aren't up to date on this information and how it is going to work.

Last edited:
Do you think Dec 3 and 7 will be relatively easy to get on Tuesday? I have a reservation for Dec. Those dates should not sell out fast right?

I think people went crazy with the boo bash thinking it was gonna be Mickey’s not so very scary Halloween party light but I have a good feeling you’ll be able to get tickets with no problem

Last edited:
Thank you, Bibbobboo2u, for your research and reporting back what you were told!

It's frustrating to hear them say that their computer system has no way of knowing that you're a resort guest...because, hello, yes it does (if you're signed in and have your reservation linked to MDE). I mean, for heaven's sake, that's how the system knows you're entitled to the 60+10 day benefit when making ADRs.
Agreed - it should be able to recognize for any activity, but she did specifically note that it could not recognize for purchase of special event tickets online. With AP discounts available in the past for parties, I know it recognized AP status if I was signed in, just as it does for resort stays. It sounds like the resort reservation system and the special events ticket sales online platform do not play together. But who knows - it is way above my skill set to try to figure out how anything Disney IT-related works (or doesn't work in many cases!) It is so frustrating, but I plan to try both methods. If online is not available, then I will have to resort to calling, which I am not looking forward to. I hope we hear from those who are able to book the event tomorrow morning for some better insight than Disney has been able to provide. Best of luck to everyone!

I know when I sign into the Disney website and this is not the DVC website but disney.com they know that I'm a DVC member so I would think they would know that someone was a resort guest. Also, all that reservation info is available under MDE so I find this hard to believe.
It also recognizes the fact that I am AP holder, so you would think the system should be able to check for resort reservations in MDE to enable online event ticket purchases. However, this is apparently not the case according to the cast member I spoke with, which seems to be supported by the fact that early Boo Bash ticket purchases had to be made by phone. When they opened sales to the general public, online purchases could be made. I don't think Disney is concerned about making things easier for guests. Maybe it will be available online tomorrow, as I plan to check before calling. Good luck if you plan to try tomorrow!!

I just got off of chat with a CM and she told me that they couldn't give out the time or number yet. Why do we get such conflicting information?
Wow - I believe that there was a phone number on the notification some received. Since it is only 5 hours until Tuesday eastern time, I guess they don't want people to be able to buy tickets. Ridiculous - there is no excuse for this by Disney.

I just got off the chat with a CM, and he said online booking should be available as early as 7:00 a.m. Eastern. I asked if I just log in to MDE and purchase them through the special events link, and if it would recognize that I'm a resort guest, and he said that it should. So we'll see!

Wow - I believe that there was a phone number on the notification some received. Since it is only 5 hours until Tuesday eastern time, I guess they don't want people to be able to buy tickets. Ridiculous - there is no excuse for this by Disney.
I didn't get the email at all despite having a cash stay at Riviera from December 4-11 and she told me she was unaware of any event email. Is this the right page? https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/events/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter