*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

No reservation yet but I'll likely be adding myself soon so stay tuned. Hoping the pandemic works itself out here by then. April vacation lines up nicely for 2021 with Easter being early and not interfering with our school vacation. 2022 it is a late Easter and lines up directly with the front end of our April vacation here in Massachusetts which is no bueno.

Anyone know if any new construction will be possibly done by April 2021?
Ratatouille will almost certainly be done. Same with the walking path/bridge to the Grand Floridian (which will also allow people to walk from MK to the Polynesian and the TTC if you’re really looking to get your steps in) and all the various entrance plazas that are currently torn up.

Presumably Harmonious would be ready by then. Now whether there will be a nighttime show at Epcot is TBD.

Speaking of Epcot, it remains to be seen if they continue with the plans they announced last year, but the Mouse Gear overhaul should be complete assuming they continue with it. And Space 220 restaurant should be open as well. It’s not impossible that the Guardians coaster will be open by May, although it seems relatively unlikely at this point.

Tron coaster at MK is also a long shot, probably a longer shot than Guardians.

For resorts, the refurb at AoA has only 1.5 buildings left, so that is likely to be completed, while the refurb at All Star Music could be complete if they continue on it while it’s closed.

Play Pavilion, Saratoga Springs resort refurbishment, Star Wars Hotel, and the rest of the Epcot work certainly will be ongoing.

Long answer but that’s the list!

Ratatouille will almost certainly be done. Same with the walking path/bridge to the Grand Floridian (which will also allow people to walk from MK to the Polynesian and the TTC if you’re really looking to get your steps in) and all the various entrance plazas that are currently torn up.

Presumably Harmonious would be ready by then. Now whether there will be a nighttime show at Epcot is TBD.

Speaking of Epcot, it remains to be seen if they continue with the plans they announced last year, but the Mouse Gear overhaul should be complete assuming they continue with it. And Space 220 restaurant should be open as well. It’s not impossible that the Guardians coaster will be open by May, although it seems relatively unlikely at this point.

Tron coaster at MK is also a long shot, probably a longer shot than Guardians.

For resorts, the refurb at AoA has only 1.5 buildings left, so that is likely to be completed, while the refurb at All Star Music could be complete if they continue on it while it’s closed.

Play Pavilion, Saratoga Springs resort refurbishment, Star Wars Hotel, and the rest of the Epcot work certainly will be ongoing.

Do you think they’ll continue with the Star Wars hotel? Or will they put it on hold for a bit

Do you think they’ll continue with the Star Wars hotel? Or will they put it on hold for a bit
I don’t know but I can’t imagine them stopping construction on anything that generates revenue, like the hotel will.

Long answers are good. The more information the better. Appreciate the response!

Does make me wonder if we should find another time for later 2021 to get the new rides in but it's either April, summer or a smaller trip on a long weekend in the fall since I'm married to a teacher. That being said, it's been a good 5 years since we've been and the youngest now hits all the height requirements so we'll have plenty of new stuff to do as well.

Long answers are good. The more information the better. Appreciate the response!

Does make me wonder if we should find another time for later 2021 to get the new rides in but it's either April, summer or a smaller trip on a long weekend in the fall since I'm married to a teacher. That being said, it's been a good 5 years since we've been and the youngest now hits all the height requirements so we'll have plenty of new stuff to do as well.
I mean in 5 years time since your last visit, they’ll have added Ratatouille, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Rise of the Resistance, Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run, Slinky Dog Dash, Alien Swirling Saucers, Avatar Flight of Passage, N’avi River Journey, the Lightning McQueen show at DHS, plus 4 new movies at Epcot, and new night time shows at all 4 parks (fingers crossed they’ll be open)

Me I’d never delay a trip because something else will open soon after. Only because of pandemics.

(edited because I saw you said it had been 5 years)

Hi everyone. We're booked at BLT for 4/17-4/24. It will be me, my mom, my DD who will have just turned 5 and my DS who will be just shy of 7. Booked the resort at my 11 month window, purchased tickets and made park reservations today. We all previously had annual passes but opted for the partial refund. If we end up going on this trip, I will upgrade us all to AP when we get there (if that's still a thing then). We will likely not go if masks are still required.

We miss Disney so much. I went 5 times in 2019 (the kids went 3) and took a quick weekend trip with my mom and daughter this past March 6-9. My DH, kids and I were supposed to be there in April for Easter, I had another trip booked with my mom and kids for July that we canceled, had a DCL booked for August with a 5 night WDW trip following it with DH and kids that has all been canceled. We have Vero Beach booked for August but it's looking more and more likely that we'll end up canceling that as well. I really need this April 2021 trip!!!

I haven't read through the entire thread yet but I will catch up!

Whew, sorry, I lost track of this thread for a few days - @TDR32 , @bebec22 , @DisneynewbieSC83 - welcome! I've added you all to the list. If I missed anyone (or if anything has changed with anyone), just post and I will update.

Hi everyone. We're booked at BLT for 4/17-4/24. It will be me, my mom, my DD who will have just turned 5 and my DS who will be just shy of 7. Booked the resort at my 11 month window, purchased tickets and made park reservations today. We all previously had annual passes but opted for the partial refund. If we end up going on this trip, I will upgrade us all to AP when we get there (if that's still a thing then). We will likely not go if masks are still required.

We miss Disney so much. I went 5 times in 2019 (the kids went 3) and took a quick weekend trip with my mom and daughter this past March 6-9. My DH, kids and I were supposed to be there in April for Easter, I had another trip booked with my mom and kids for July that we canceled, had a DCL booked for August with a 5 night WDW trip following it with DH and kids that has all been canceled. We have Vero Beach booked for August but it's looking more and more likely that we'll end up canceling that as well. I really need this April 2021 trip!!!

I haven't read through the entire thread yet but I will catch up!

I feel your pain. I bolded that last line, and truer words have never been spoken.

Whew, sorry, I lost track of this thread for a few days - @TDR32 , @bebec22 , @DisneynewbieSC83 - welcome! I've added you all to the list. If I missed anyone (or if anything has changed with anyone), just post and I will update.

I feel your pain. I bolded that last line, and truer words have never been spoken.
I was talking to my mom tonight and said that we should just go, even if masks are still required. I don't think I'd be able to stay away any longer. I'm just dreading the thought of having to monitor masks on my kids.

Rescheduled from November 2020 to April 2021. Crossing fingers all will be a little more “normal” by then.
Yacht Club, April 5-11.

I was talking to my mom tonight and said that we should just go, even if masks are still required. I don't think I'd be able to stay away any longer. I'm just dreading the thought of having to monitor masks on my kids.

We're renting DVC points, and after the last one blew up, we were able to get a travel credit. I think if we cancel, we're out the money, so we're pretty much locked in ourselves. Hopefully things are better by then, but I agree, if masks are still required, I think we're going for it. By then, my kids will probably have been wearing them for school for months, so maybe they'll be used to them!

I finally added tickets to the first part of my split stay.

I switched up my park reservations for 8 Park days I currently have 2 (but probably 1.5 because 1 is arrival day) at Epcot, 2 at HS, 1 at AK and 3 at MK. We are going to be staying at the contemporary for part of our stay which is why I did 3 at MK - but wondering if I should get rid of 1 MK day for a second day at AK. We have a 4 year old daughter though and MK is her favorite park. Unless we get rid of one of the Epcot days for another day at AK

OK I officially booked CBR last night. Currently set for 4/16-4/25 but after we book flights we may drop a day on front or back end depending on what we book for flights.

I switched up my park reservations for 8 Park days I currently have 2 (but probably 1.5 because 1 is arrival day) at Epcot, 2 at HS, 1 at AK and 3 at MK. We are going to be staying at the contemporary for part of our stay which is why I did 3 at MK - but wondering if I should get rid of 1 MK day for a second day at AK. We have a 4 year old daughter though and MK is her favorite park. Unless we get rid of one of the Epcot days for another day at AK

We went when our daughters were around that age and they much preferred MK to AK. They are not big thrill ride riders (esp. back then) so other than the safari (which they loved!), there wasn't much they were interested in. We originally had scheduled two days at AK and ended up cancelling that second day and went back to MK. AK has always been hot whenever we've gone and our younger daughter particularly doesn't like the heat, so that added to the decision to not go back. When we go this upcoming April, however, I think we currently selected three days at AK because they can handle some of the bigger rides and hopefully it won't be too hot!

They also weren't as into Epcot back then too. Its huge and very open so not a lot of shade. Also there really aren't that many rides and they weren't into checking out the different countries' pavilions. I'm hoping that their interest in the pavilions will have changed for this upcoming trip, since we are staying at BCV and it'd be nice to take advantage of that short walk.

We went when our daughters were around that age and they much preferred MK to AK. They are not big thrill ride riders (esp. back then) so other than the safari (which they loved!), there wasn't much they were interested in. We originally had scheduled two days at AK and ended up cancelling that second day and went back to MK. AK has always been hot whenever we've gone and our younger daughter particularly doesn't like the heat, so that added to the decision to not go back. When we go this upcoming April, however, I think we currently selected three days at AK because they can handle some of the bigger rides and hopefully it won't be too hot!

They also weren't as into Epcot back then too. Its huge and very open so not a lot of shade. Also there really aren't that many rides and they weren't into checking out the different countries' pavilions. I'm hoping that their interest in the pavilions will have changed for this upcoming trip, since we are staying at BCV and it'd be nice to take advantage of that short walk.
My daughter does like the thrill rides. She’s tall enough right now for dinosaur - Shes at 42 inches so who knows if she’ll get to that 44 by then - but maybe I will switch out Epcot for another AK day. We enjoyed Kali river rapids the last time we went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter