"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ears are almost ready! These are a rough draft of them, they aren't sew together yet but I'm loving them! I can't wait to wear these at the parties!

View attachment 263181
(there'll be more pearls as stars and the backside are snowflakes!)
View attachment 263182
(the Santa hat will be higher and those small cookies will also have white dots on them)

If you can make the first ears have a flannel Christmas like bow that will be the winner

We've got tickets for the first MVMCP of the year on November 9th. That's a Thursday........should we expect that Monday 11/6 thru Wednesday 11/8 will be filming of the Christmas special/parade at WDW? We went this same time (Jersey week) last year and those first 3 days were Christmas special filming days............ Anyone have any insight?

Doug :goofy:

If you can make the first ears have a flannel Christmas like bow that will be the winner
That was the plan, but we tried to find a flannel Christmas themed but it was impossible this time of the year, that's why we went with the Rudolf theme.

My ears are almost ready! These are a rough draft of them, they aren't sew together yet but I'm loving them! I can't wait to wear these at the parties!

View attachment 263181
(there'll be more pearls as stars and the backside are snowflakes!)
View attachment 263182
(the Santa hat will be higher and those small cookies will also have white dots on them)

I have been going back and forth about whether to go to MVMCP when we go to Disney in the beginning of December. The pictures of your Mickey ears may be the thing that pushes me over the edge and makes me forget just how much I already paid for these APs!

That's what I thought, which is why I asked multiple times and the cast member assured me that I would be able to book fastpasses with a Xmas party ticket. Though I know cast members dont always disclose accurate information...
Yes, you can book with a party ticket, that's accurate. But what you can't do is pre-book more than 3 FPs a day. Doesn't matter if you have an AP, MYW tickets, party tickets and a single day ticket purchased from UT all linked to your profile. The limit is still 3.

Yes, you can book with a party ticket, that's accurate. But what you can't do is pre-book more than 3 FPs a day. Doesn't matter if you have an AP, MYW tickets, party tickets and a single day ticket purchased from UT all linked to your profile. The limit is still 3.

I thought it was too good to be true. Lol. Thanks for your input!

Question about buying discounted party tickets off other websites like UT. If you bought them off their site would it make any difference in getting a refund or raincheck by chance? I know they are suppose to be rain or shine, non refundable tickets but I have been able to get tickets for a future party when mine rained out so much that almost all entertainment was cancelled. Just trying to see if there's any disadvantage really in buying these type of tickets.

Question about buying discounted party tickets off other websites like UT. If you bought them off their site would it make any difference in getting a refund or raincheck by chance? I know they are suppose to be rain or shine, non refundable tickets but I have been able to get tickets for a future party when mine rained out so much that almost all entertainment was cancelled. Just trying to see if there's any disadvantage really in buying these type of tickets.

UT Tourist site says that their party tickets are non-refundable.

Just saw the special photo pass opportunities for MNSSHP which look so cool! Are there usually special magic shots for MVMCP as well? I've been to the party in the past but didn't have memory maker or kids so it wasn't something on my radar.

I am really torn on the Christmas Party as that is a lot of money for us. One of the main reasons for us would be the little or no waiting for rides, but the only party we could attend would be on Sunday the 17th of December and several have said weekends are really crowded. We will be there that week and I know the crowds will build as the week progresses and I want us to be able to be in MK in that atmosphere with the advantage of no waits for rides. So from anyones past experiences are most all Christmas party lines for rides low or are they the same as the park during a regular day?

I am really torn on the Christmas Party as that is a lot of money for us. One of the main reasons for us would be the little or no waiting for rides, but the only party we could attend would be on Sunday the 17th of December and several have said weekends are really crowded. We will be there that week and I know the crowds will build as the week progresses and I want us to be able to be in MK in that atmosphere with the advantage of no waits for rides. So from anyone's past experiences are most all Christmas party lines for rides low or are they the same as the park during a regular day?

Friday night parties tend to be more crowded due to locals who don't have to worry about getting up early the next day for work or school; that wouldn't be the case for Sunday night parties. I wouldn't say you'd experience no waits for rides during a party, but wait times are typically low because most people go for the party-specific activities rather than riding rides, which they can do during regular park hours.

I haven't checked to see if this is already known here, but I just saw that they are now allowing reservations for the MVMCP fireworks dessert party with Plaza Garden view (not Tomorrowland Terrace view). I booked it for 12/19.

This is our first year doing the holiday party. i have done the regular fireworks dessert party before and liked the reserved viewing spot. For those that have done the holiday dessert party i am interested in your thoughts? Did you feel it was still a good value? Did it take up a bunch of your "party time"?

Thanks In Advance

Ok dumb question ... Do you get complimentary cookies and hot chocolate or do you pay for them as normal and do they take snack credits for them. Just trying to budget

Ok dumb question ... Do you get complimentary cookies and hot chocolate or do you pay for them as normal and do they take snack credits for them. Just trying to budget
I'm curious to know this too. Have never done one of these before. I've read there are free treats. How does this work? Are there booths you visit? Cast members handing out stuff?

There will be stations throughout the park with free cookies and hot chocolate. Can't wait, myself! Yummy!

I'm curious to know this too. Have never done one of these before. I've read there are free treats. How does this work? Are there booths you visit? Cast members handing out stuff?

Yes they are free! There will be different stations throughout the park. Last year was nice because each station had something different. There was a variety of cookies and beverages included hot chocolate, hot cider, egg nog, and snow cones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter