• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

I don't see an issue with character meets and a large statue. One is just a statue....kids won't have any confusion as they won't even see the statue as being a character. There's a Mickey statue in MK and yet Mickey is still there.
The Mickey statue in MK is clearly a statue, made of bronze I believe. The Slinky Dog statues are clearly supposed to be the characters.

I don't see an issue with character meets and a large statue. One is just a statue....kids won't have any confusion as they won't even see the statue as being a character. There's a Mickey statue in MK and yet Mickey is still there.
In the land you are supposed to be shrunk down to the size of a toy. The question would be is the statue the size of a toy or the character? It’s all about immersion here.

In the land you are supposed to be shrunk down to the size of a toy. The question would be is the statue the size of a toy or the character? It’s all about immersion here.
Maybe the statue is supposed to be a human dressed as a toy? I got nothing.

According to what they said today the statue is a toy. So compared to that stature we would be the size of an ant.
So the meet and greets are mini-Woody, Buzz, and Jessie? Or maybe the statues are like those life-size Barbies?

:confused3

Kids won't know any of this just walking into a land. There's a large statue that doesn't move and there's a character that kids can meet. They won't be confused. Disney crazy adults on Disney forums will be the only ones confused apparently lol.

Kids won't know any of this just walking into a land. There's a large statue that doesn't move and there's a character that kids can meet. They won't be confused. Disney crazy adults on Disney forums will be the only ones confused apparently lol.
Disney created this story so there shouldn’t be confusion yet there is. Of course us discussing this on a Disney discussion board are going more in depth but why is the statue the toy and then the character not. Disney is playing this as we are toys within the land. The statue is bigger than us. That’s the issue.

Not going to lie, I’ve tried to understand.... but have no clue what y’all are talking about above! :upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

But regardless, I for one think this land looks fun and my DS is into it. Make the kiddos smile and maybe serve an adult drink with a Toy Story glow cube from the Lunch Box place, and all will be good. :-)

In terms of the possibility of the "wandering" characters...I miss this! It was really fun to see that at DLR, it lets guests feel a little more "in the magic". That being said, if it's supposed to be a M&G (which it NEEDS to be), not having a building makes it nearly impossible. Wandering characters at DLR don't stop or sign but you can go along with them. Green Army Men already wandered but would stop for pics, sign, interaction...BUT now I'm remembering that in the earlier 2000s when Jessie Woody Buzz met outside Al's Toy Barn, they didn't wander, yet had a specified area. And that kind of thing lines up w/ how MOST character M&G are at DHS, like Donald/Daisy, Goofy, Storm Troopers...

Yup, just talked myself into a circle. Score one for Disney on the confusion/speculation game.

Thoughts on how entrance to TSL will work on 6/30? FP access only?
Probably similar to Pandora, FP got you access and controlled entry for those stand by or waiting to see the land. It will depend on crowd sizes and I imagine the first few days could be the most crowded.

What are everyone’s prediction for FP? Are they really be that mean and lump all TSLand attractions on tier one? I’m hoping against hope that Alien Saucer will be a tier two, burn TP has already crushed my dreams a little.

I just realized that the string of lights that Jessie is holding onto at the Slinky ride, may be colorfully light at night time. I hope the Wheezie statute sings. I hope the queque for either Slinky or Aliens is amazing and whimiscal...
I just noticed that the WDW main page shows the xmas lights as lit against a twilight sky in the TSL photo they now have as a banner; so hopefully they will in fact light up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter