***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

They definitely slowed up on construction on this land which sucks but there is still hope for softs just not as large of a probability.
Hey I was thinking it'd be a last second priceline everything kind of trip for me anyway! haha

They definitely slowed up on construction on this land which sucks but there is still hope for softs just not as large of a probability.

Rather than organized soft openings would it be more likely for open to the public soft openings before the media day?

@rteetz, is it possible to update the first post? Paragraph 1 says no opening date has been announced which is now inaccurate. I see you've updated it at the bottom of the post but some people may not read that far down.

Media events are June 28th so that doesn’t look entirely promising for organized soft openings. Still a chance though.
Well phooey. We're there the first half of the month, and I was really hoping for a Pandora-style soft for DVC or AP or both or random people wandering through HS who look interested in Slinky Dogs...
:( :( :(

I am 20 days from my 60 day mark for our trip June 13-18. @ 60 days, I will decide whether or not we even go to The Studios. Right now, i have a morning dedicated to the Studios assuming a DVC preview will be there. If no preview, there is zero reason for us to go. We will just see it next time.

This trip will be our first Pandora trip, so we have plenty to see anyway at other parks.

I guess I'm confused here. Pandora had DVC and AP previews prior to media (AP/DVC members, 5/13 through 5/22 and Press, 5/23 & 5/25). I get the supposition that soft openings after the media preview will likely not occur for TSL do to timing, but are we really assuming that the DVC and AP previews aren't going to happen either?

I guess I'm confused here. Pandora had DVC and AP previews prior to media (AP/DVC members, 5/13 through 5/22 and Press, 5/23 & 5/25). I get the supposition that soft openings after the media preview will likely not occur for TSL do to timing, but are we really assuming that the DVC and AP previews aren't going to happen either?
Nothing is certain. It definitely seems they are farther off with Toy Story than Pandora was at this time though. Just posting the media events as an interesting note.

I was thinking the same thing. I don’t think this changes anything re: possible AP/DVC previews. Still no news either way.

Well phooey. We're there the first half of the month, and I was really hoping for a Pandora-style soft for DVC or AP or both or random people wandering through HS who look interested in Slinky Dogs...
:( :( :(
Us too! Although my DD just accepted a summer alumni DCP that ends aug 9. DH will NOT be happy if all of us want to go to pick her up in August to see TSL (one of us flies one way and drives with her the other for previous program- not letting her drive 18 hours alone).

I remember when Storybook Land was opening at MK. Including 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. We were walking by and they waved us over and asked if we wanted to go in and check things out. Rides were running, and it was over a month prior to official open. It was great. We felt so lucky. Some days at MK, it was open and people were being let in. Other days, it was not.

Local press had previews of the land before AP/DVC previews as well. The World Wide press kit was after.

But before any previews can take place, TSL has to be staffed. That process began yesterday with the announcement of transfer opportunities on the "HUB".

"Calling all future toys! New recruits needed for Toy Story Land

Learn how you can be a part of the exciting new land!
Are you ready to help Guests play big in Andy’s Backyard? Hourly opportunities in Attractions, Quick Service Food and Beverage and Culinary will be available beginning April 8"

But before any previews can take place, TSL has to be staffed. That process began yesterday with the announcement of transfer opportunities on the "HUB".

"Calling all future toys! New recruits needed for Toy Story Land

Learn how you can be a part of the exciting new land!
Are you ready to help Guests play big in Andy’s Backyard? Hourly opportunities in Attractions, Quick Service Food and Beverage and Culinary will be available beginning April 8"
How does that compare with the timeframe for staffing Pandora last year, do you recall?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter