Spanking

Oh, not just THEIR children - dozens of children. If you were a school principal in my youth, it was part of your duty. Kind of sad I had to actually come out and point out my reference to such advanced folks.

Thank goodness most principals and teachers don't hit anymore. I remember our principal would knock students against the wall. It was animalistic and sad that he was so uneducated to think that was appropriate.

So what science are you talking about, a few studies?
Maybe you could cite all this scientific research, I'd love to see who is doing it and where the funding comes from :rolleyes1

This is an article that gives a good summary of about 26 studies, I guess that’s a few. It’s a good primer if you’re interested in seeking out deeper info about all the studies done on the topic.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2012/04/spanking.aspx

I’m guessing from the whistling emoji though, that you were just trying to prove a point by asking somebody else to show you spates of indisputable evidence.

Not one child, not two out of three but all three kids. And by all means, ask them if they were abused, they will tell you no and laugh at you.
So sad that they have been conditioned to think being whipped is not abuse. I hope they do not think it is normal to whip their own children. That is how the cycle of abuse continues. "I was whipped, and I turned out just fine. I will laugh in the face of anyone that says it was abuse":(

Honestly... how do you know who's spanked and who's not? 99% of the "out of control" kids I have seen in my life are total strangers. Even the remaining 1% I have no idea whether they've been spanked or not. Yet according to you MANY of those out of control have been spanked? How do you know? How many out of control kids have you seen?

Lots. Over 25 years of teaching young children and working with parents, you see and know way too much.

So what science are you talking about, a few studies?
Maybe you could cite all this scientific research, I'd love to see who is doing it and where the funding comes from :rolleyes1
....stop saying this blasphemy, or I'll spank you! popcorn:: [ :teeth: ]

....I think the thing to point out here is that I think all the posters here probably have different ideas and views about what constitutes "spanking"....is it a quick swat on the butt, or is it something harder (and possibly with an instrument).....and how many "hits"? One? Ten?

Anyone else find it interesting that @Domo throws this grenade of an OP and hasn't been back to clarify what he saw? And before you say he's been too busy, a quick search of his posting history shows he's taken time out for other posts.
.....:scratchin.....nahhhhh.....not interesting at all......popcorn:: [ ;) ]

So sad that they have been conditioned to think being whipped is not abuse. I hope they do not think it is normal to whip their own children. That is how the cycle of abuse continues. "I was whipped, and I turned out just fine. I will laugh in the face of anyone that says it was abuse":(

Oh for Pete sakes. They are not "conditioned". They are happy, successful adults who love their children and have happy well loved and cared for children. I have no idea if they spank their children. I don't go home with them but I know they are beautiful and happy kids. And I see how loving and close the family is.

...."MOST"? I'm thinking NONE, or they'd be behind bars, or, at the very least, be dismissed from their job.
Sadly, some still do. Most teachers are in control of 30+ students for 8 hours a day. But there are still some that have no idea how to discipline or handle children.

Just search Teacher Hits Student on YouTube. Kids have cameras now. That is sometimes a good thing.

....Really? Wow......well, I can assure you, NOT in the state of New Jersey....kinda scary when you think about it.

Are you somehow under the impression that I am in favor of corporal punishment in school? You made a statement that it is illegal for corporal punishment to be used in school which was demonstrably false. I just pointed that out to you.

Sadly, some still do. Most teachers are in control of 30+ students for 8 hours a day. But there are still some that have no idea how to discipline or handle children.

Just search Teacher Hits Student on YouTube...
...amazing.....just....amazing.

...You made a statement that it is illegal for corporal punishment to be used in school which was demonstrably false. I just pointed that out to you.
....um, no I did not. I merely said that in MY state [NJ] educators and administrators are expressly forbidden to use practices as these. Furthermore, it is grounds for immediate dismissal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter