The Bachelor — Pilot Pete

This! I felt like I had heard this somewhere, too, and I think it's why I'm feeling defensive of Madison? (Here I am assuming she's his final choice). But say it is her. And he did know by week 4. But was still intimate with the other two just because he could be.. how do you accept that? "I wanna be with you in the end, but let me hook up with these other two beautiful women just for fun first" - not cool. And I guess that's the perspective I projected onto her, lol. I would be more accepting of his decision/actions if I hadn't heard about him knowing by week 4 -- and that he needed to explore all of the relationships more because he was unsure -- but that context just makes it seem dirty.

Peter's choices have been a real curiosity for me.

He seemed like such a straightforward guy with Hannah Brown.

I disagree Robin. I haven't heard anyone say they are in love with three people.

Falling for, can see a life etc.

But in love with all three overnight dates?
It happened on Ben Higgins season, and he vocalized it to at least 2 of his 3 finalists. Maybe all 3, I can't remember if he said it to Caila. Regardless, when it does happen, the lead gets a lot of flack for saying it to the contestants themselves because it gives them false hope and ultimately upsets the chosen one when they learn it was said to others.

That's two out of 22 seasons. I never said they DON'T cast that, just that its not their typical cast type. Regardless, its still struange to me that a strongly evangelical Christian girl would genuinely think she could find her husband through this medium. Two out of 22 seasons where the Bachelors were some type of religious are bad odds for the kind of husband Madi has said she wants.

To be clear, I'm not at all saying that Peter was right in his decisions - I agree that if Madi is his true final choice, he should have abstained. But by the same token, Madi could have been clearer, and perhaps this process isn't right for what she's looking for in her life. Hindsight is 20/20 for everyone involved.

You said never been known, so I took it as never, my mistake. No, it is not typical, but the producers have been having a good time with it lately.

Religion aside, I do wonder how many lead men obstained from sleeping with other women out of respect for the one they would chose. Meaning they only slept with that one person.

Madison should not have used virginity as her make or break. That’s beside the point. She indirectly (depending on edits) asked for 6 days worth of faithfulness, which I’m sure Peter, being a Christian himself, understood, yet ignored.

He was the candy in Hannah B's season. He's a kid in a candy store in this season. He doesn't know which to pick first.

Absolutely! So true. :laughing::thumbsup2

I thought about that right after I pushed my reply.

Regardless I have found his choices so perplexing.

It happened on Ben Higgins season, and he vocalized it to at least 2 of his 3 finalists. Maybe all 3, I can't remember if he said it to Caila. Regardless, when it does happen, the lead gets a lot of flack for saying it to the contestants themselves because it gives them false hope and ultimately upsets the chosen one when they learn it was said to others.

Honestly I wish they would go back to little being said by the lead.

As an aside, being torn or loving two people doesn't bother me at all. I don't even find that unbelievable.

But I find being *in love* with three people - in general and even more being vocalized - absolutely absurd. And once again awful to hear for whoever he chooses.

Well, they announced the new Bachlorette on GMA this morning. Clare Crawley. Hmmmm....................

Well, they announced the new Bachlorette on GMA this morning. Clare Crawley. Hmmmm....................
Personally, I like the choice. There weren't many contenders from Peter's season that would have held their own season as a lead, and most of them were too young to be serious about finding a husband anyway. I like that Clare is older, which will open new topics up like children, past experiences, etc. I've read there have already been at least four men chosen who have kids. That will definitely be a nice change of pace from the virgin storylines we have been seeing.

That's an interesting choice. In my mind there really weren't any good candidates from this year's bachelor crop, but going with a 38 year old will make the drama between men much more unique. Do they have bunch of 25 year olds chasing after her, or a bunch of 35 year olds who only act 25?

That's an interesting choice. In my mind there really weren't any good candidates from this year's bachelor crop, but going with a 38 year old will make the drama between men much more unique. Do they have bunch of 25 year olds chasing after her, or a bunch of 35 year olds who only act 25?
Its being said they are casting men in their 30s, with at least one in their 40s that has been chosen so far. What will be interesting though is watching the late 30 somethings rub elbows with the early 20 something girls of Peter's season on Bachelor in Paradise. Might start to get creepy.

I didn't watch the season she was on, or her BiPs or the winter games. How desperate are you for your 15 minutes of fame that you keep going on bachelor programs? She can't find a husband the old fashioned way?

However, I agree with the others. An older bachelorette and older bachelors will provide a better dynamic than the young 20 yos.

I didn't watch the season she was on, or her BiPs or the winter games. How desperate are you for your 15 minutes of fame that you keep going on bachelor programs? She can't find a husband the old fashioned way?
She's a hairdresser back home. Now that she's the lead, she's earning six figures. I can't blame her!

That makes sense and makes it far more appealing for someone to go on so many times.
Rumor has it that Hannah B was the top contender for Bachelorette (again), but they couldn't work out the money so she ultimately declined. Seems like its just a career/money move for people now, and finding a spouse is secondary.

Not psyched about Clare. I like the idea of an older contestant, I just find her to be kind of annoying. She's had 4 chances in the past -- maybe this just isn't for her?? Oh well. I'll still watch haha. She will be entertaining, that's for sure.

More importantly -- can't WAIT to see the trainwreck heading our way tonight!

In her interview this morning she said that she dates younger men quite a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if the ages ranged from 25 to 40+ on the show.

I love Claire! She's mature (so sick of these young puppies), she's beautiful, she's funny and sarcastic and she'll call guys out. I'm definitely in next time.

So I watched the Women Tell All Monday night. Did Victoria get "closure" on why Peter let her go? Somehow I missed it, maybe drowsed off.
Then I watched the previous Monday's Fantasy Suite episode. I get Madison and why she felt the way she did. I've read most of what was discussed here. Did anyone notice that he told Hannah he was falling in love with her, he told Victoria nothing and he told Madison that he loved her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter