The Dis Teleporter Network

JeanJoe said:
No need to buy teleporters to join the DIS Teleporter Network any more.

I have a large enough stock of Pink monster's inc door teleporters that it'll be easier all around if I just give them away for this.

What I've actually done is put down 20 or so teleporters in a new lobby, and have the OTHER half of those 20 teleporters sitting in my inventory. Now, when somebody wants to join, I just give them a door, and they put it in a room of theirs. And that's it -- all done.

The hard part is still meeting up with me...

Here's an idea -- perhaps I could distribute a number of the teleporters in my inventory to a few DIS folks. Then, they could be traded to people who wanted to join the network.

I would love to add a room or two of mine onto the DIS Network! And I would also offer to hold a few doors for you so ppl can also come to me for them, if you would like. I am on a lot (don't tell!) these days.

Let me know how I can get doors for me and if you would like to have my hold a few. Also - is this the same as the river or is that different? :confused3 Thanks!

Can I join the network? My VMK name is AngienLuLu.

~LuLu

My apologies -- I never even saw this post, until today :(

This thread is regarding a non-ride teleporter network (not the massive DIS river ride).

AngienLulu and Disney Dreams -- I'd be happy to meet up with you some evening (Eastern time).

Disney Dreams said:
I would love to add a room or two of mine onto the DIS Network! And I would also offer to hold a few doors for you so ppl can also come to me for them, if you would like. I am on a lot (don't tell!) these days.

Let me know how I can get doors for me and if you would like to have my hold a few. Also - is this the same as the river or is that different? :confused3 Thanks!

New method of joining the DIS Teleporter Network, that does NOT require meeting up with me, or any other, teleporter lobby owners.

Teleporters to link your room into the network are now distributed via Quest machine.

=====

How to add a teleportation portal from your room to the Dis Teleporter Network

Teleporters are now distributed via a Quest Machine, so you don't need to try to hunt me down to trade one to you! Here's how to do it:

1) Find ANYBODY who is correctly linked in to the teleporter network
2) Use the teleporters to find your way to the Central Teleporter Lobby (use their Coffin or Door teleporter first, then use the Blue teacup teleporter)
3) Do the Quest (no games, just a simple tour), and upon completion, you will receive a door teleporter. The other teleporter has already been placed in a Teleporter Lobby.
4) Place the quest prize Door Teleporter you receive in any room of yours

That's it, you are now connected to the Network!

If your door teleporter doesn't work, try to do the quest again; I might have put in one unlinked door into the Quest machine by accident.

Because of VMK values, I highly recommend that you do NOT refer to the network as the "DIS Teleporter Network" while in-game. Just call it the teleporter network. Do NOT try to explain to people in-game to come read this post.

I would like to join, though I only get to play at work (dialup at home). My son and I play the same character (Sinclare) and he has been wanting people to visit his rooms. Just let me know how I can get a couple teleporters (perhaps a list of room names that have links?)

Thanks

Sinclare said:
I would like to join, though I only get to play at work (dialup at home). My son and I play the same character (Sinclare) and he has been wanting people to visit his rooms. Just let me know how I can get a couple teleporters (perhaps a list of room names that have links?)

Thanks

There are probably ~150 or so teleporters, but most of them are to people who no longer play. But, too many for me to have an anywhere near up-to-date list, sorry.

I would think of this as less useful to "get people to come to your room" (because, practically, it's a maze, and people get lost)

I am hoping that the "Special Rooms" lobby will be more used in the future, to host displays of DIS rooms or rides. Perhaps entrances to the many DIS water slide competition rides could be linked, for example.

Good luck!

swimmingneno said:
who can i meet so i can join?

I'm hoping that as more DIS people get linked in, it will be easier to find someone who can get you to the Central Lobby.

In the meantime, please ask around -- or if there's anybody already linked in and sees somebody post here, asking to find somebody, please feel free to help out. :)

Help!?!?

I am completely clueless with all this. I have about 8 Narnia teleporters. Someone here was nice enough to give me the codes to get them. What do I do with them? How do I get them to work? :confused3

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. :cheer2:

Thanks!!

I just want to say thanks to all the patient and wonderful people that I met in central plaza tonite who lead me by the hand to the Teleporter network. Hopefully soon the coffin that I passed off will get me back to that special place again. I have tried to share teleporters with many VMK made friends and usually end up disappointed because they take my teleporter and then remove me from their friends list. I am so glad that my DIS family have gotten this together. pirate:

hi mousehappy ~ I still have your teleporter, but I will pass it along to Bezoar next time i see him. Nice to meet you last night!

I'd like to join and wouldn't mind helping to map out a room or two to help with a updated directory.

Can someone meet me after 6m EST and help me get to central? Tell me when and where.

My room isn't all that, yet but still I like it, and the whole network idea.

VMK= ZenJD

I still haven't caught up with him yet, but sent him a message. I will get it to him first chance I see him.

The quest kiosk is empty. I need another door because i accidently sold mine.

LOL I was following someone yesterday, when vmk was about 5minutes behind on updating where people actually WERE room-wise, and kept going to these rooms with coffin porters wondering why someone would want SO MANY!! :rotfl: Now I know.

Can I join? Can I join? I just love being part of the 'in' crowd. Especially when they're as nice as you all! :goodvibes

CL_Beozar is his VMK name
JeanJoe is his Dis title.

I wish I know where he was. Porbably in a limited room.
.~*Tinkerbell*~. said:
May I join? This is such a cool idea! Who should I give my teleporter, and where can I find them?

I don't really get the point of putting a teleporter door in and turning it into a limited room. No one can get in, and the whole point of this teleporter lobby is to see other peoples rooms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter