This is a CULT, leave now!

Dandylyon said:
I can stop any time I want to.

That's what I tell myself too. But until my family has an intervention and unplugs the computer, I'm hooked. I know that isn't going to happen, however, because just yesterday, DH was so surprised that I found out the ticket prices were going up and ordered all our tickets at the old prices. Lets see, 5 APs, 1 10day PH non-expir, and 2 8day PH work out to be enough savings for him to leave me alone about my hobby for a while.

Hilarious! These dis'ers have me running on a bunch of errands all the time before my trips too! lol :moped:

:rotfl2:

I have definitely been corrupted! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: When I go in October, I will be going with my DS(ister) and her family (DH, DS, DD, DMIL, and DFIL). So what did I get her for her birthday in July? 2 Guidebooks (Unofficial guide and Hidden Mickeys) plus a grab back of stuff for the trip, most of which was recommended to me on this site: golf balls, Body Glide, Moleskin, Ben Gay, carbiners, etc. And do you know what was the funniest part about this?.... She loved it. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I guess that we are both hopeless!

Thanks for all of your responses. I'm glad that I was able to warn some of you about this site.

I just got in from church, and I'm watching TV with a sense a peace because I have listened to "the DIS voices", and have bought some of the things they told me to. I even have a special bag with all my "Disney Things" in it. Now I just have to wait for the Crocs I ordered to get here, and maybe the voices will go away. . . well, at least be quieted a bit. :rolleyes:

-Gmax

Glendamax said:
To all you newbies, GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!! Your life will NEVER be the same. - Gmax (see, I can't even remember my REAL NAME!!!!!!) :crazy:
Ha - funny! Thank you for the newbie warning, Glendamax, but now that I've found this board, I can't help myself!!

The way DH, our kids, myself, our relatives and friends all love WDW, joining this board seems like a natural next step. :teeth: May a newbie have a glass of the lime Kool-Aid? ;)

Glendamax said:
Thanks for all of your responses. I'm glad that I was able to warn some of you about this site.

I just got in from church, and I'm watching TV with a sense a peace because I have listened to "the DIS voices", and have bought some of the things they told me to. I even have a special bag with all my "Disney Things" in it. Now I just have to wait for the Crocs I ordered to get here, and maybe the voices will go away. . . well, at least be quieted a bit. :rolleyes:

-Gmax

Sorry, Gmax...the voices will only get LOUDER!

Donald is #1 said:
So what did I get her for her birthday in July? 2 Guidebooks (Unofficial guide and Hidden Mickeys) plus a grab back of stuff for the trip, most of which was recommended to me on this site: golf balls, Body Glide, Moleskin, Ben Gay, carbiners, etc.

Gotta ask, why the golf balls? I've never heard that one. Also, I don't even know what carbiners are. :blush:

I do feel much better now knowing that I'm not quite as brainwashed as some of you. There's neveral been a subliminal message strong enough to convince me to buy a pair of Crocs. :rotfl: I suppose I'd better keep up my guard or I'll be the next one with a closet full of ugly shoes. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

tarheelmjfan said:
Gotta ask, why the golf balls? I've never heard that one.
The golf balls are to use as sort of a foot massage at the end of a day at the parks. You put them on the floor and roll them around with your bare feet.

SleepingBeautyDreamr said:
The golf balls are to use as sort of a foot massage at the end of a day at the parks. You put them on the floor and roll them around with your bare feet.

I've never heard that one before. It's a good idea, though. :thumbsup2

Glendamax said:
maybe the voices will go away. . . well, at least be quieted a bit.

Yeah right!!! You still have a month to change your ADRs 5 times. :teeth: Are you sure you've made the right choices? I'm thinking you may be missing out on some of the best restaurants. Is your family really going to like what you've chosen? Have you read some bad reviews lately? Do you want to take a chance that you're meal will be the same? What if you're not hungry at your ADR times? Should you call & push them back a little? Or worse... What if you're starving & your ADR isn't for 2 hours? Should you change them to an earlier time? Will the characters be fresh & playful during your meal? Have you booked the best time to assure they will? Are you certain where you'll want to be each evening? What if you're up late on an evening prior to an early breakfast ADR? You may want to sleep in. Should you recheck your itinerary & make sure it still works for you? It's probably not a bad idea. :rolleyes1

J/K, or am I????? :rotfl2:

Repeat this chant with a glazed look in your eyes:
Mickey is Love; Mickey is Love....

:rolleyes1

I am a minister and now I have guilt....thanks. I must have been in denial when I started reading this thread. It started out like a 12 step program and then someone mentioned the tainted "lime green cool-aid" and its all over. :rotfl2: Now the truth is out... the DIS is in control!! :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Gabkatt said:
I am a minister and now I have guilt....thanks. I must have been in denial when I started reading this thread. It started out like a 12 step program and then someone mentioned the tainted "lime green cool-aid" and its all over. :rotfl2: Now the truth is out... the DIS is in control!! :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:
:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Oh, no. . .too late for me! I've already got over 50 pages of planning notes and things to buy for my two week trip next May! And those Alein green Mickey heads, lime green string, lime green Baggallini messenger bag and clear tape are also already on my list!

I was on these boards for 6 hours last night, until 3:00 a.m. :eek: and I loved every minute of it!

Glendamax said:
My family and friends think that I am crazy, and now I see why. :sad2:

Today ALL of my chores were centered around things people on THE DIS told me to buy: Super-Duper Sized ziplock bags, drink and go water filters, moisture reducing socks (but not the no-show ones because you'll walk them down into you shoes, says THE DIS), lime green Mickeys for the room's window and backpack, lime green string to attach to the Mickeys, lime green shirts (got one and I'm not a fan of the color), stick ups for the room in case the previous guests decided to smoke in there anyway, etc . . . . I actually got upset when I thought I had the right shade of green "thingy" to hang from my backpack, only to realize it was too dark. So the DIS voices told me that I had to go to a party store (where I still couldn't find "lime green" anything), FINALLY I found lime green curly ribbon that you would put on a present. WHEW!!!! OH! and don't forget the clear tape to attach the Mickeys to your window (said the DIS Voices)!

To all you newbies, GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!! Your life will NEVER be the same.

- Gmax (see, I can't even remember my REAL NAME!!!!!!) :crazy:

tarheelmjfan said:
Also, I don't even know what carbiners are. :blush:

Carbiners are metal clips sometimes D shaped that can be used to clip things to your backpack, fanny pack, belt loop, etc. One example for their use would be to hold your baseball cap while you are on a ride.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter