Wendy Williams . . . I can't even

Don Rickles was hilarious.

I am not asking to censure anyone. I told you point blank I don't agree with cancel culture. My way of silencing Wendy is by not watching her. Unfortunately she keeps popping up in other places so I see her. And yes, I am sick of seeing her. That is it. If she gets canceled so be it, I won't be sad.

And if you're going there ... I am 45 years old. I have dealt with the public in my face for 20+ years as a flight attendant. I have seen a whole hell of a lot. I have been sexually harassed by passengers, and had people of all races and nationalities cursing at me for something that is completely out of my control. It was all a day in the life, and I held my own at a career I loved. And I have a husband who spent 29 years in the military and I can go toe to toe with him when need be. Please, I have a thick skin. I am not a young whipper snapper snowflake so don't get too big in your britches. Don't try and school me . . . we were in school together!

We disagree on this, that is fine.

I just know I cannot tell people they cannot have their feelings. I can't tell someone they cannot be offended. If they are offended, they are offended. I may not agree, and have a right to my opinion, but it is what it is.
You sound offended....🖖🏻

Example. People were upset and offended that Vince Vaughn was with Trump at the superbowl. Who in the world that is sane would care who sits with or supports whom? That doesn’t make sense to me. The people that got upset about that needs serious help. Lol
I love Apple. I don’t care what Tim Cook’s political opinions are. I love the products his company creates. I love to enjoy a cigar with him. His beliefs are unimportant to me if I don’t agree with a given opinion. Talk about something else.

You edited this in after I responded.

I agree with you on both. I don't care about Vince Vaughn, or Ellen sitting next to Bush, and I own an iPhone, iPad, and MacBook. Jimmy crack corn . . .

Those are not the same as Wendy Williams, imho. I know you don't see it that way, it's cool. We are going to agree to disagree on WW.

I am not into cancel culture. Don't get me started on how stupid Kevin Hart's old tweet cost him hosting the Oscars. It is ridiculous.

Yet this (below) is what you said in your OP. Sorry to inform you but it seems you are in to cancel culture.

How many times are we going to hear her apologize? And how many times does she get a pass? I cannot believe she hasn't had advertisers pull from her program. :confused3 I just don't get it! She needs to go.

Yet this (below) is what you said in your OP. Sorry to inform you but it seems you are in to cancel culture.

I did say she needs to go. You can call me out on that. Yesterday I was sick of seeing her yet again splashed all over different venues. Yes, I am sick of seeing her. She needs to go away from that. I am not starting a boycott WW show, nor am I on a big crusade. But on the other hand, I won't be upset if she goes. I find her vile. But my way of silencing her is by not watching, so when she keeps showing up on stuff I do watch I want her to go!

And again, I don't see WW repeated actions as cancel culture. I gave my definition above. You may see it differently than I do. That is fine.

Im surprised people even still pay attention to Wendy Williams considering her show is a syndicated one that airs at like 1 in the afternoon when the majority of people in this country are at work.
As a TV person, I will point out that the Noon to 3 pm time frame is one of the most profitable for TV stations. Now, if it was running at 1 am, that would be a valid argument.
Having said that, I have no idea how Wendy Williams got on TV. She just scares me.

As a TV person, I will point out that the Noon to 3 pm time frame is one of the most profitable for TV stations. Now, if it was running at 1 am, that would be a valid argument.
Having said that, I have no idea how Wendy Williams got on TV. She just scares me.
Over morning/evening news and prime time? What are you basing "profitable" on?

Over morning/evening news and prime time? What are you basing "profitable" on?
Based on return on investment. Certainly ad rates are higher for evening news and prime time, but production costs are much much higher. 10 am to 3 pm is an ad revenue gold mine.
We have dropped, and brought back our 11 am newscast 3 times in the last 5 years. They keep bringing it back because it requires just one additional staff member to Produce, and on air and technical staff are already here working our our 430-7 am, and 9 am to 10 am shows. The demo is not your typical 18-49, it is like 65+. The advertisers it draws are the walk in tub folks, and the HVAC replacement companies. A whole lot more 65+ retired folks are in a position to lay out $15,000 for a walk in tub or $20,000 for a new HVAC than the under 30 demo.

I tend to live by the philosophy of not being mean to other people, rather than "I can give it as well as I can take it". It just seems to be less combative that way.

Unless I miss my guess, quote often the "shock jock"/combative style is simply an attempt to appeal to the lowest common denominator with low cost to produce due to little to no need for any creative or real production value.

What is "cancel culture"? You mean boycotting or not watching something? I guess I'm a little out of the loop lol.

What is "cancel culture"? You mean boycotting or not watching something? I guess I'm a little out of the loop lol.

Cancel Culture can mean different things, but the main points are that when someone (usually a celebrity) has said or did something deemed inappropriate or derogatory, social media goes on blast to cancel that person -- to silence them permanently. Most are from digging up dirt from years ago, like Kevin Hart's years old tweet that canceled him from hosting the Oscars. Or when the college kid at a football game made the poster that he needed beer money with his Venmo account on it. He got over $1million dollars and decided to give it to a children's hospital. Anheuser Busch was going to match the donation until someone dug up a negative post this kid made on social media when he was 16 years old, they caved to the "cancel culture" and abandoned the deal. Real time cancel culture was Roseanne Barr. When she made a racist tweet about a former White House advisor, her career was done within days.

Google cancel culture and you will find all types of examples.

To the best of my knowledge. JK Rowling is the only person powerful enough to overcome the cancel culture.

She was accused of making a “transphobic” remark. An apology was demanded. She basically told them to eff off. She was hailed by many last year as the first to break the cancel culture. That’s where I first heard the term...

She was accused of making a “transphobic” remark. An apology was demanded. She basically told them to eff off. She was hailed by many last year as the first to break the cancel culture. That’s where I first heard the term...
I wish everyone did that. Nothing more weak and just sad, then when someone gives an opinion. And folks whine and complain.... then that person says. Oh well. I’m sorry.
BS. Don’t apologise. Double down and tell those spineless folks. To eff off. Don’t ever back down from ones feelings or opinions. If someone doesn’t like that. Too bad.

To the best of my knowledge. JK Rowling is the only person powerful enough to overcome the cancel culture.

It’s not just JK. Many others survive. The public is fickle, you’re the shiny new object to ruin but then in 10 minutes somebody else will come along.

Kevin Hart lost the Oscars, but his career is just fine. Louis CK came back after a hiatus and has sold out concerts. Dave Chappelle is making jokes about his ... they are HILARIOUS btw. R. Kelly’s record sales increased (although I will say this one baffles me, if anyone’s career needs to end his is it!) and even in death so did Michael Jackson’s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter