World of Color Status Watch?

I’ve tried to stay away from this thread but I can’t help it cause my love for this show is so great. It’s also causing me to think about conspiracies. Like they are holding off from bring WoC back until it’s close to SW:GE opening in June. They are going to need something to entice all the AP’s who are blocked out of Disneyland but are still allowed in DCA this summer. I’ve seen them working on the left platform recently on the alleged “new issue”. Then the previous poster here says the latest rumor is Memorial Day. That’s getting awfully close to Star Wars opening. Again there probably really is a new problem but what if there isn’t? I’d be beyond pissed if it could have been running this whole time but they wanted to make it part of their summertime promotion at DCA..... WoC is back!

No, it was a surprise, new issue. But not nearly as big as the great flood. Latest rumor is Memorial Day weekend.

I think you misunderstood my post lol! Not what I was saying at all.

Edit: to clarify, my comment you quoted had nothing to do with questioning it as a surprise other thing wrong. It was joking about the minor things they're working on while waiting for the parts for the new surprise thing that needs fixing.

Not about the surprise new fix :rotfl2: I did not and never did doubt it was a new thing that they were not prepared for.

Last edited:
You can't tell me, with the significant resource of Disney and funding behind them, That if it was a REAL priority to Disney, that it wouldn't be up and running by now. Reality is, they're putting all resources possible into this Star Wars Land (As somebody who doesn't care for Star Wars, don't even get me started on this!) and everything else is taking a back seat

Disney have made a decision here, to make WoC Refurb low priority, with the added benefit to them, of being ready close to SWGE opening, in order to draw some crowds away from DLR and create some hype around DCA (Like when MSEP came back, Old Show which has been on hiatus, everybody swarmed for sentimental value)

WoC being down is disappointing, IMO it was better than most other night time shows within DLR/DCA, however the salt into the wound is having F! down at the same time - shows absolute disdain towards those visitors who have booked trips over the Feb/March/April period. There is absolutely no excuse for this!

You can't tell me, with the significant resource of Disney and funding behind them, That if it was a REAL priority to Disney, that it wouldn't be up and running by now. Reality is, they're putting all resources possible into this Star Wars Land (As somebody who doesn't care for Star Wars, don't even get me started on this!) and everything else is taking a back seat

Disney have made a decision here, to make WoC Refurb low priority, with the added benefit to them, of being ready close to SWGE opening, in order to draw some crowds away from DLR and create some hype around DCA (Like when MSEP came back, Old Show which has been on hiatus, everybody swarmed for sentimental value)

WoC being down is disappointing, IMO it was better than most other night time shows within DLR/DCA, however the salt into the wound is having F! down at the same time - shows absolute disdain towards those visitors who have booked trips over the Feb/March/April period. There is absolutely no excuse for this!

Well Fantasmic is back up March 8th so half of those people you referenced aren't nearly as affected now, but really none of knows why it is down this long and its all speculations of why. Sure it could look like its on the back burner, but also could be because a part is being made that needs done first before they can move forward. It is a complicated show. I am going in feb/march with both of them down, actually missing Fantasmic by 5 days now and sure its annoying but in the big picture its not the end of the world. I will take this then the over crowded parks this summer is going be.

It looks like F! will be back up early March, so that's a bit better at least!

Mmmm I’ve got two trips coming up - one in early February and the next in April

Heading over from Australia, so not exactly a short trip (although February’s visit wasn’t motivated by visiting Disney, have just added it on because I had a few days spare)

If a fellow tourist was heading over, for a once in a lifetime (or once in a longtime) trip to have WoC down, F! Down and the castle under wraps, it would be extremely disappointing and that’s the reality for many visitors in February

You can’t tell me that with all the resources Disney has at their disposal, and the fact that they built the attraction originally, that even if it was a part that didn’t exist which needed replacing, that it would take any more than a week or two to manufacture, if given priority of course.

To put this into perspective - the last time WoC was shown, it was the original Tower or Terror, in that time the whole attraction has been completely made over and “reimagined” - same with Pixar Pier

This is a few water pumps and some lights.... if Disney wanted it up and running quicker than this, it would’ve happened

This is a few water pumps and some lights.... if Disney wanted it up and running quicker than this, it would’ve happened

I had a very similar thought today. I was actually wondering if there was more to the reason this show isn't up and running than just that they have a missing/broken part. I wonder if they have discovered a safety/security issue or something like that.

It is MUCH more than a few water pumps and some lights. The damaged part was over $1 million dollars (an entire computer controller area flooded with a breech in a door/wall over a weekend). It wasn't a "week" build. The part/controller took close to 5 months. Once it arrived and they got it installed, more damage was found, but not as bad. While it sounds "simple", it really isn't. Latest rumor says Memorial Day weekend, though some are hoping for mid april.

If a fellow tourist was heading over, for a once in a lifetime (or once in a longtime) trip to have WoC down, F! Down and the castle under wraps, it would be extremely disappointing and that’s the reality for many visitors in February
I would say that person made a poor choice for a once-in-a-lifetime trip with the resources available today. Nevertheless, there is still a lot happening at DLR. I went to DL with some regularity as a youngster, before the Internet. The only way you knew what was open at DL was when you showed up. There would be a sign out front saying what was closed that day. Usually it was 2-4 things. For a moment I would be bummed, then move on to whatever was open. I had lots of great and memorable trips.

:cool2:

To put this into perspective - the last time WoC was shown, it was the original Tower or Terror, in that time the whole attraction has been completely made over and “reimagined” - same with Pixar Pier
Actually, this is not true. Tower of Terror closed Jan 2017. Guardians of the Galaxy opened May 2017. World of Color went down for refurb April 13, 2018, with a planned reopening to go with the Pixar Pier reopening in June 2018.

It is MUCH more than a few water pumps and some lights. The damaged part was over $1 million dollars (an entire computer controller area flooded with a breech in a door/wall over a weekend). It wasn't a "week" build. The part/controller took close to 5 months. Once it arrived and they got it installed, more damage was found, but not as bad. While it sounds "simple", it really isn't. Latest rumor says Memorial Day weekend, though some are hoping for mid april.

So the part took 5 months to build. Then what the hell were they doing for 5 months that only NOW they discover more damage? I would think all damage would be assessed in the beginning to not waste time ordering special parts later. The timing doesn’t add up here! I mean okay so they got the part in when? Before December I would assume as plan was to have season of light up and running. If that is the case it is now over 2 months for the so called smaller damage discovered to be fixed. And you are claiming April or May to be up and running. That’s another 5 months from when they discovered the “not as bad” damage!! Just doesn’t add up. Disney is just being ridiculous and slow about WOC and nobody wants to admit that. It’s embarrassing really in this day and age for a project fix to take this much time. This show should be up now or Fantasmic needs to remain running until it does get back on just for crowd dispersment purposes.

I don’t buy that - not at all. Even if it was a highly advanced controller module (which, they’re not) it wouldn’t take 5 months to replace, Disney may well have put a due date on the part 5 months in the future, but if the company wanted it out in weeks, given the resources the company has, even if the part had to come from China (highly likely) it would have been there in that time frame

There is more to it than part availability & timeframes, it’s either on the back burner (strategically or resource management) or licensing/permit related

The timing doesn’t add up here! I mean okay so they got the part in when? Before December I would assume as plan was to have season of light up and running. If that is the case it is now over 2 months for the so called smaller damage discovered to be fixed. And you are claiming April or May to be up and running. That’s another 5 months from when they discovered the “not as bad” damage!! Just doesn’t add up. Disney is just being ridiculous and slow about WOC and nobody wants to admit that. It’s embarrassing really in this day and age for a project fix to take this much time. This show should be up now or Fantasmic needs to remain running until it does get back on just for crowd dispersment purposes.

Thank You!!! Somebody else willing to call Disney out on their B.S

I don’t buy that - not at all. Even if it was a highly advanced controller module (which, they’re not) it wouldn’t take 5 months to replace, Disney may well have put a due date on the part 5 months in the future, but if the company wanted it out in weeks, given the resources the company has, even if the part had to come from China (highly likely) it would have been there in that time frame

There is more to it than part availability & timeframes, it’s either on the back burner (strategically or resource management) or licensing/permit related
You don't have to buy it. I know it is true.

Disney paid a big chunk of change creating a Villians show for Halloween, that went unused because of the breech. They had hoped to have it up by Christmas to move crowds and to have the NYE show. They went so far as to have the media preview set up, which was cancelled shortly before it was to be shown in Dec. There had been hopes of President's day, then Spring Break, and now Memorial day. You can see them working on it daily. You can see testing nightly.

You don't have to buy it. I know it is true.

Disney paid a big chunk of change creating a Villians show for Halloween, that went unused because of the breech. They had hoped to have it up by Christmas to move crowds and to have the NYE show. They went so far as to have the media preview set up, which was cancelled shortly before it was to be shown in Dec. There had been hopes of President's day, then Spring Break, and now Memorial day. You can see them working on it daily. You can see testing nightly.

So who’s to say Presidents’ Day is still not a possibility??!!

I’m sorry but January-April is off season when major refurbs happen every year. Don’t think I’ve ever gone in February without major refurbs & most nighttime entertainment not offered. If someone were to plan their once in a lifetime trip for any February was likely to be “extremely disappointed” by closures, if that’s the sort of thing that bothers them.

I’m sorry but January-April is off season when major refurbs happen every year. Don’t think I’ve ever gone in February without major refurbs & most nighttime entertainment not offered. If someone were to plan their once in a lifetime trip for any February was likely to be “extremely disappointed” by closures, if that’s the sort of thing that bothers them.

Where on Disney website, or on the planning DVD’s, internationally available brochures etc - does Disney state that “January to April will be plagued with refurbs, possibly leaving the park without any significant nighttime shows”?

Because pretty sure I haven’t seen it

My point is - Disney should be held accountable for the lack of delivery on their promises

Where on Disney website, or on the planning DVD’s, internationally available brochures etc - does Disney state that “January to April will be plagued with refurbs, possibly leaving the park without any significant nighttime shows”?

Because pretty sure I haven’t seen it

My point is - Disney should be held accountable for the lack of delivery on their promises
It says it right here actually: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/five-day/2019-01-27/

upload_2019-1-27_7-50-48.png

And is only updated 6wks or less out.....most people have to put in for work vacation, get a hotel or a plane ticket well before 6 wks.

I just don't see why its hard to give an outlook of refurbs, these big ones causing heartburn are planned, not day-of or random breakdown situation. This is a big weakness for DLR and the other parks don't have this same communication issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter