YAWN........eclipse

minniecarousel

Chris Isaak fan
We were only going to see about 75% anyway, but we had fog! We have summer morning fog often but weren't expecting to be socked in today. It got a little darker, like a storm was coming, but that was it. The sun came out about the time it was complete here.

Ho-hum

I just gave up and watched the NASA feed. Also recording their broadcast.

We have a thin layer of clouds and supposed to have had 96% but it just got slightly dim. I didn't get glasses to look at it, so just looked outside to see how dark it got. Not very dramatic.

We had totality where I am in Oregon. It was actually pretty interesting. The temp dropped a bit, it became dark very quickly. You could hear people cheering around the neighborhood when the sun was completely blocked.
Ah well,on with my day now!!

We got the whole thing. It was awesome. Partial eclipses are meh. I wouldn't really change anything to see them. But the total was worth it. It really didn't get really dark until it was total. The temperature dropped about 4 degrees in the shade and about 16 where the sunlight was. The diamond effect as the moon just starts to clear after totality was beautiful. If you get a chance at the next total eclipse, take it. Totally worth.

I had about 98% -- could've driven a little north for 100%, but didn't.

I thought it was pretty cool -- I've never really seen the lighting like that before. The crickets were loud, the temp dropped. Probably very cool for those in 100%.

We were at 93% in Memphis, TN. The sky dimmed and the temperature dropped. Got to a crescent shape. Was really hoping for more. Oh well. Was neat to see but not worthy of the hype. At my kids schools across town it was raining so they went inside. I'm envisioning lots of sad kiddos.

We were 98%. I was expecting it to be darker. :confused3 Could have driven an hour south and seen total but someone has to work.

We were in 99.99% territory. Wasn't sure what to expect. Especially since we had thunderstorms all morning and the forecast was for thunderstorms all day. But somehow it cleared off just long enough for the eclipse. The neighbors were better prepared than we were and let us look through their glasses. But the best part was when it was totally in eclipse and we could look at the corona. Just amazing!

That's what I was telling everybody here. We got like 95% totality in Memphis, and I was saying that it won't be that spectacular, because only 100% gives you that really dramatic view. People seemed to think it would be pitch black out and such, but I knew it would be more like standing in the shade. I saw a little of it , but then clouds rolled in Now it's a downpour out there.

I was probably in more like 99% because it got to be less than a sliver -- more like a sliver of a sliver. However, no corona since I wasn't in 100%. It was neat to see the street lamps come on. My original plan was to drive 20 minutes north on the interstate to see totality, but I was too worried the traffic would be horrible. Oh well. At least we no longer have to hear about it on the local news all of the time, LOL.

Good thing WDW closed down some attractions and had contingency plans to bus guests out of the path of darkness. :)

We had partial and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to another partial (from a total) in 2024.....on DH's 70th birthday

We're in NJ, and even though we only got about 75%, I still thought it was cool to see the sun as a crescent.

Western MD here. We had a few clouds, and only 81% coverage, but it was still cool to see. It didn't get very dark, but you could see pretty pink and purple edging around the sun as it moved in. I saw the last one in the 70's, but don't really remember it. The images on tv of the 100% ones were so amazing to see. I loved the wedding they showed that the couple purposely planned for today, the eclipse was total right around their reception time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter