You light ‘em, they fight ‘em! A GCV/Disneyland Resort December 2014 PTR- we're out!

Hi!!! I've been following your TR of "You bet your Aft" on Wonder! Love being able to follow along! I'm still on the 1st page but really LOVED seeing so many photos of your family trips! By the way, gorgeous family! Your eldest daughter seriously looks just like you! I'm local to DLR and have been on 2 DCL cruises (one out of LA & one out of PC on Fantasy). Never been to WDW. Love previewing the parks and resorts thru your photos. :)

We joined DVC on last year's cruise. We didn't purchase a lot of points but will be using it for the 1st time on July also at GCV. Calling it a staycation cuz no airfare! Whoo-hoo! Just my family of 4. We are DLR passholders but never stayed at any of the on site hotels. Plan to do 3 nights 1 BDR villa and really relax, enjoy resort, lots of pool time, enjoy the villa kitchen and do a couple simple meals. Then 2 nights in a studio and do the parks.

Ok...I finished it! I think what I'm so excited about our upcoming 1st DVC stay is the kitchen! I love that it makes the villa truly a home away from home. I love that it's so convenient when you have a family. Loving everything so far!

Hi!!! I've been following your TR of "You bet your Aft" on Wonder! Love being able to follow along! I'm still on the 1st page but really LOVED seeing so many photos of your family trips! By the way, gorgeous family! Your eldest daughter seriously looks just like you! I'm local to DLR and have been on 2 DCL cruises (one out of LA & one out of PC on Fantasy). Never been to WDW. Love previewing the parks and resorts thru your photos. :)

We joined DVC on last year's cruise. We didn't purchase a lot of points but will be using it for the 1st time on July also at GCV. Calling it a staycation cuz no airfare! Whoo-hoo! Just my family of 4. We are DLR passholders but never stayed at any of the on site hotels. Plan to do 3 nights 1 BDR villa and really relax, enjoy resort, lots of pool time, enjoy the villa kitchen and do a couple simple meals. Then 2 nights in a studio and do the parks.

:welcome: to this report and :welcome: home. Congrats on your DVC purchase. You are going to love the GCV. They are amazing. Going to the parks feels so much different when you don't have to drive home after a long day. I can't wait to hear how you like it.

I don't know how local you are to Disneyland but I was born in Long Beach and raised in Cypress. Moved back to Long Beach in college and then here to Utah. I miss home something fierce.

Everyone tells my eldest she looks like me. She use to fight in but has finally realized there are worse fates. :rotfl:

Ok...I finished it! I think what I'm so excited about our upcoming 1st DVC stay is the kitchen! I love that it makes the villa truly a home away from home. I love that it's so convenient when you have a family. Loving everything so far!

You'll love the kitchen and the laundry. I don't do load and loads but its nice if something spills its nice to be able to take care of it and not pack a bunch of filthy clothes.

And the balcony in the morning with a cup of coffee? Heaven! :cloud9:

You are going to love it! We do that every year for two nights in February. It's such a different vibe when you just go back to your room after relaxing at the hotel. I was able to get a TravelZoo voucher that saved me 50% at the spa. We enjoyed some of the restaurants, but I also love cooking in the Villa too! Make sure you plan a night to use the grills.

Even if you don't plan on going in the parks those first few days, you can always go in, hit one ride and go back and lay by the pools. It's so great being right there. Wuth your passes it might be tough not to go in even if its just for one or two rides!

You are going to love it! We do that every year for two nights in February. It's such a different vibe when you just go back to your room after relaxing at the hotel. I was able to get a TravelZoo voucher that saved me 50% at the spa. We enjoyed some of the restaurants, but I also love cooking in the Villa too! Make sure you plan a night to use the grills. Even if you don't plan on going in the parks those first few days, you can always go in, hit one ride and go back and lay by the pools. It's so great being right there. Wuth your passes it might be tough not to go in even if its just for one or two rides!

I've tried to mentally prepare my DD who is 6 1/2 that we are just relaxing at the resort, so DTD, & pools. However, I finally accepted that we may go in briefly to the parks a couple times! :)

:welcome: to this report and :welcome: home. Congrats on your DVC purchase. You are going to love the GCV. They are amazing. Going to the parks feels so much different when you don't have to drive home after a long day. I can't wait to hear how you like it. I don't know how local you are to Disneyland but I was born in Long Beach and raised in Cypress. Moved back to Long Beach in college and then here to Utah. I miss home something fierce. Everyone tells my eldest she looks like me. She use to fight in but has finally realized there are worse fates. :rotfl: You'll love the kitchen and the laundry. I don't do load and loads but its nice if something spills its nice to be able to take care of it and not pack a bunch of filthy clothes. And the balcony in the morning with a cup of coffee? Heaven! :cloud9:

My family and I moved to West torrance during my freshman year of high school. I met my DH at CSULB but went to nursing school at Mount St. Mary's in Brentwood (above the Getty Center). We used to rent apartments in Redondo Beach but have lived in our house in Harbor City (east of the Torrance border) for the last 13 years. My DH and I were Disney lovers before we got together and even more so as a couple. We always say we have Disney in our blood!!! My DD (6 1/2) and DS (almost 3) are definitely immersed in Disney!!! :)

:welcome: to this report and :welcome: home. Congrats on your DVC purchase. You are going to love the GCV. They are amazing. Going to the parks feels so much different when you don't have to drive home after a long day. I can't wait to hear how you like it. I don't know how local you are to Disneyland but I was born in Long Beach and raised in Cypress. Moved back to Long Beach in college and then here to Utah. I miss home something fierce. Everyone tells my eldest she looks like me. She use to fight in but has finally realized there are worse fates. :rotfl: You'll love the kitchen and the laundry. I don't do load and loads but its nice if something spills its nice to be able to take care of it and not pack a bunch of filthy clothes. And the balcony in the morning with a cup of coffee? Heaven! :cloud9:

I'm really looking forward the the balcony at GCV and our upcoming cruise in May (our first verandah stateroom). I'm used yo waking up much earlier than everyone else in the household. My favorite part of vacations is when the morning air is still brisk, it's calm & quiet outside, and I can just take it all in. Can't wait!

My family and I moved to West torrance during my freshman year of high school. I met my DH at CSULB but went to nursing school at Mount St. Mary's in Brentwood (above the Getty Center). We used to rent apartments in Redondo Beach but have lived in our house in Harbor City (east of the Torrance border) for the last 13 years. My DH and I were Disney lovers before we got together and even more so as a couple. We always say we have Disney in our blood!!! My DD (6 1/2) and DS (almost 3) are definitely immersed in Disney!!! :)

So you were coming as I was leaving. :rotfl: I graduated from CSULB in Psychology in the early 90's. Loved attending school there. Our plans, pending everything goes as planned (knock on wood) is to return to So Cal summer 2016. For good. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I am not super familiar with LA County. I stayed somewhat behind the orange curtain and dipped my feet in Long Beach.

Isn't Disney the best when the whole family shares the love?​

I'm really looking forward the the balcony at GCV and our upcoming cruise in May (our first verandah stateroom). I'm used yo waking up much earlier than everyone else in the household. My favorite part of vacations is when the morning air is still brisk, it's calm & quiet outside, and I can just take it all in. Can't wait!

Me too! I am a total morning person. Make sure you bring coffee packets like Starbuck via if you drink coffee to enjoy in those early morning hours on the verandah during your cruise. Room service knocked super quiet and didn't wake up DS so it was easy to enjoy a little something on the verandah while he slept. You are going to LOVE having a verandah. It's so cool. I'm an early morning person and somewhat of an early evening person so beginning and ending the day with the door open and the sound of the waves was incredible. I'm excited for you.​

You are going to love it! We do that every year for two nights in February. It's such a different vibe when you just go back to your room after relaxing at the hotel. I was able to get a TravelZoo voucher that saved me 50% at the spa. We enjoyed some of the restaurants, but I also love cooking in the Villa too! Make sure you plan a night to use the grills.

Even if you don't plan on going in the parks those first few days, you can always go in, hit one ride and go back and lay by the pools. It's so great being right there. Wuth your passes it might be tough not to go in even if its just for one or two rides!

I just saw another GCH spa Travelzoo coupon good through July I think. I am hoping to score one that goes into December. Let me know if you see anything please. :flower3:

I love the grill there. That's definitely going on the food list. :thumbsup2

Here I am! :) must come back and read. Thanks for the heads up :)

:wave2: Hola amiga. :goodvibes Glad you're here. There's not too much to catch up on. I may have started this a little early. ;)

But we can always chat about our new cruise info too. :cool1:

All caught up, I couldn't get over the family pictures. Loved seeing the kids teeny tiny, so adorable!!!!

A MVMCP at DL? I've not done the one at WDW so have no official opinion, but people seem to love it. I don't like that Disney charges more for just a few things.

Awesome that you're finally able to do a family trip with your friends :goodvibes

Never too early to plan :) yes indeed, let's talk cruising whenever!

I just found your PTR for your DLR trip. I have seen it on the DL threads that you are going to the DLR in December but I didn't know you wrote a PTR until I found it today after being away from the threads for a while.

I'm excited for you and your family that you will be going back to the DLR during the holiday season and to be able to stay at the GCV is great as well.

All caught up, I couldn't get over the family pictures. Loved seeing the kids teeny tiny, so adorable!!!!

A MVMCP at DL? I've not done the one at WDW so have no official opinion, but people seem to love it. I don't like that Disney charges more for just a few things.

Awesome that you're finally able to do a family trip with your friends :goodvibes

Never too early to plan :) yes indeed, let's talk cruising whenever!

they were so teeny tiny. It goes by far too fast. :(

That's the rumor but I have no idea if its true about MVMCP at Disneyland. Someone had heard it from a CM. I don't paying extra for the typical holiday stuff either.

We're so excited for this trip and the two bedroom will be heavenly! M and I were talking last night and sort of planning that we'll use the grill, enjoy the lounge, maybe just adults at Napa one night for apps, drinks, desserts. :cloud9:

And then we'll ALL be there next October! :grouphug:

I just found your PTR for your DLR trip. I have seen it on the DL threads that you are going to the DLR in December but I didn't know you wrote a PTR until I found it today after being away from the threads for a while.

I'm excited for you and your family that you will be going back to the DLR during the holiday season and to be able to stay at the GCV is great as well.

Hi Bret and :welcome:

We're excited to go back too. I'll be looking for your November report. Always good info and photos. :thumbsup2

I booked a Disney cruise today! 10/18/15 Mexico! :woohoo: five nights on the Disney Wonder but :ssst: it's a surprise. Joshua sort of knows but he'll forget.

Me too me too, I booked too!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Yay us! And we'll do a little Disneyland prior to San Diego! Oh my gosh, you haven't been to San Diego either. :hyper:

Any news on Chloe's hair?

:cool1: Its stick strait and so thick. We had to chop off about 3 inches after as her ends were dead but her hair can still act as mermaid hair as she calls it. Her barometer for long enough hair is if it can cover her sea shells. :rotfl2:

Yay us! And we'll do a little Disneyland prior to San Diego! Oh my gosh, you haven't been to San Diego either. :hyper:

I know, what's the must see thing/place? This is going to be a FUN trip!!! :hyper:

:cool1: Its stick strait and so thick. We had to chop off about 3 inches after as her ends were dead but her hair can still act as mermaid hair as she calls it. Her barometer for long enough hair is if it can cover her sea shells. :rotfl2:

:rotfl: I'm so glad you guys finally got some results! Does she like it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter