2014 ABD Itineraries. We have a Release date!

I like the handbook but I will have no use for that style Backpack. Hmmmm. Thinking I am just going to carry my camera backpack or my ABD one from 2010.

We received our backpacks the other day. I think they will work great for a day trip bag - looks big enough to toss a jacket and other essentials in. I like that they fold small enough to fit in the suitcase without taking up much room.

I used the new backpack on our last rip. not a fan. It doesn't stay closed well. It is slippery, so it slides around a lot on the bus. It is big and unstructured so it is hard to retrieve smaller items. It is light, but due to it's unstructured slippery elements, it is awkward to carry.
I like to use my daughter's old Junior Adventurer backpack. It is just the right size for essentials. I may use the new one for jackets only on the next trip.

We have a few backpacks and bags and just thank ABD for the little momento of the trip. I use the bag that Rick Steves uses on his shows and sold through his web sight. This bag holds alot of crap and has two water bottle pouches on the outside. This is a great bag that stays on your shoulder and is extremely light that makes packing in your suitcase very easy. DCL gave out some beach bags that have a shoulder strap as well as a top draw string closer that we love to bring to the beach.

I used the new backpack on our last rip. not a fan. It doesn't stay closed well. It is slippery, so it slides around a lot on the bus. It is big and unstructured so it is hard to retrieve smaller items. It is light, but due to it's unstructured slippery elements, it is awkward to carry.
I like to use my daughter's old Junior Adventurer backpack. It is just the right size for essentials. I may use the new one for jackets only on the next trip.
Thanks for the info. I was kind of afraid of that. I have a backpack I got as a part of a work conference I went to that is structured to go over one shoulder or cross-body. I think I'll take that instead.

Sayhello

I notice some of the 2013 / early 2014 Backstage Magic dates are sold out - how quickly might the 2014 dates get booked up once they're released?

Also, do prices increase over time, i.e. is it better to book early?

Being a closet Britney Spears fan, I'm waiting for her to announce the details of her upcoming Vegas residency and would love it if I were able to tie it in with this adventure (Vegas and LA are pretty close to each other when you are travelling from the UK anyway!), but therefore am unable to book until she starts releasing tickets!

I notice some of the 2013 / early 2014 Backstage Magic dates are sold out - how quickly might the 2014 dates get booked up once they're released?

Being a closet Britney Spears fan, I'm waiting for her to announce the details of her upcoming Vegas residency and would love it if I were able to tie it in with this adventure (Vegas and LA are pretty close to each other when you are travelling from the UK anyway!), but therefore am unable to book until she starts releasing tickets!

Yes, the price increases over time as the adventure fills up. It may increase within a day if it is a popular date and itinerary. I just wonder, do UKers or non-US get a different price tag?

Yes, the price increases over time as the adventure fills up. It may increase within a day if it is a popular date and itinerary. I just wonder, do UKers or non-US get a different price tag?

On the face of it, there isn't a £ price listed or alternative site anywhere like there is with WDW for example, but I did notice it is a separate phone number for reservations by non US residents for some reason...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Some of the sold out dates have been reserved by groups.

We have three Dis Exclusive Backstage Magic trips going in 2014 and we should offer the lowest pricing available.

List to the Dis Unplugged Podcast on Tuesday for more information or drop me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

Thanks.

Some of the sold out dates have been reserved by groups.

We have three Dis Exclusive Backstage Magic trips going in 2014 and we should offer the lowest pricing available.

List to the Dis Unplugged Podcast on Tuesday for more information or drop me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

Thanks.

Thanks Kevin, have emailed you.
How quickly do you tend to get booked up for the ones you've reserved?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sayhello, the backpack does not look durable, what do you think? The ones they gave away last year were a little better than the previous years, but the best I think we're the ones given in 2007.

I love the new look of the handbook! I think they made it a bit similar to DCL's handbook. :)

We still have ours--black with leather bottom, right?

A popular adventure fills up quickly and the price per person increases as well, sometimes in just a day!

Oh boy! Glad I have the deposit already saved!

I didn't realize they would change that fast. Now if May 22nd, will get here so I can decided exactly which one to book

*trots off to read her "Adventure Handbook"* :beach:

Sayhello

is this handbook something they send you when you book? or the information booklet?

Can I just say I am really excited I decided to commit to one of ABD trips. I have never been over seas on the Caribbean so this is super exciting to me! Plus I am planning to give it as a gift. Even better, even if I have to bring my lunch to work everyday for the next year :)

Photos and some SPOILERY TALK ABOUT THE NEW BOX, BACKPACK and "Adventure Handbook". Don't read this post or click on the photo links if you don't want to know! :thumbsup2

OK, so here's some photos: The first one is of the box for this year (cute!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Hewene/ABD Greece/P1110042.jpg

This one is of the new format for what was the storybook, it's now called the "Adventure Handbook" (obviously taken before the wine incident!) :) :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Hewene/ABD Greece/P1110047.jpg

As Bobo912 reported, that's it. Nothing but the backpack and the Handbook.

The rest of the photos are of the new backpack. It's a lightish green rip-stop nylon backpack that folds up into itself. It shows up all folded with the ABD logo on the outside. (We'll see if I can figure out how to RE-fold it!).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Hewene/ABD Greece/P1110043.jpg

Here you can see I'm starting to pull the guts of the backpack out through the zipper:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Hewene/ABD Greece/P1110044.jpg

It's a long, duffel-type of backpack. No structure, the top closes with a drawstring, and the original "envelope" that the backpack was packed in becomes the cover over the opening, which fastens with a clip. It looks to be at least water resistant. There are two black pockets on the outside that could hold water bottles or things like that. The flap (made out of the original "envelope") can now act as a pocket, too. No pockets that I found on the inside.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Hewene/ABD Greece/P1110051.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Hewene/ABD Greece/P1110053.jpg

I can't tell yet how well it will work or how well it will last. I'll let y'all know when I get back from Greece! It certainly will be easier to pack and I hope easier to shlep around.

Sayhello

Ok, when do they send this? Honestly this might be the best way to give the gift, I can wrap it up & put it under the tree, but I am not sure if I would have it by Christmas or not, since I am planning a trip in the later part of 2014...

Ok, when do they send this? Honestly this might be the best way to give the gift, I can wrap it up & put it under the tree, but I am not sure if I would have it by Christmas or not, since I am planning a trip in the later part of 2014...

You get the package a few weeks before your departure. Your best bet would be to wrap the ABD brochure. ;-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi TexasTravelGirl--the backpack and trip information booklet generally come about 4-6 weeks before your scheduled adventure. It sounds like they are a little late for the early 2013 trips due to a printing error. But, we have typically received ours in the 4-6 week time frame prior to leaving. You wouldn't have them in December for a later 2014 date.

You get the package a few weeks before your departure. Your best bet would be to wrap the ABD brochure. ;-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That is a great idea. Once I am done booking, I will start the brainstorming process, lol. I thought maybe collecting trinkets that represent Italy and boxing them up and giving him a giant box of "junk" to see his reaction & then tell him lol

Oh boy! Glad I have the deposit already saved!

I didn't realize they would change that fast. Now if May 22nd, will get here so I can decided exactly which one to book
Generally, it takes a while for the prices to start going up (except for holiday departures). The only time I've seen the prices go up in a day is when they introduced the Scotland trip. It was hugely popular, and some departures practically sold out within days. But normally, it takes a while.

Just be sure what you want, because your deposit is non-refundable after 14 days.

is this handbook something they send you when you book? or the information booklet?

Can I just say I am really excited I decided to commit to one of ABD trips. I have never been over seas on the Caribbean so this is super exciting to me! Plus I am planning to give it as a gift. Even better, even if I have to bring my lunch to work everyday for the next year :)
What a great gift! :) And I truly believe that ABD is a wonderful way to be introduced to overseas travel!

That is a great idea. Once I am done booking, I will start the brainstorming process, lol. I thought maybe collecting trinkets that represent Italy and boxing them up and giving him a giant box of "junk" to see his reaction & then tell him lol
This sounds like a great idea!

Sayhello

A nice pair of Italian leather shoes, sporty sunglasses as well as Lemoncello would be a great addition to your box. What a great idea.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter