AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

Can anyone confirm the latest with the checkpoint on I 95 going into FL? If airlines aren't requiring forms any longer, are cars entering from the tristate still filling out forms?
On our drive down our GoogleMap showed a slow down on 95 a bit after crossing the Ga/FL border. However we drove into Florida from a Ga state road, so not sure if there was an actual checkpoint. On our way home today we did not see any checkpoint set up on the southbound side of 95.

Cuomo put travel restrictions on 31 States now.
Figured it was coming. After I decided to cancel Orlando for August, we were looking for a replacement trip. One serious contender was Seattle and the Olympic National Park. Then I trended the COVID numbers, and thought WA might be added to the quarantine list, and now that's happened.

But it looks like Minnesota is off the list now, which gives me hope that the tristate governors are serious about monitoring the situation and adjusting states off as well as onto the list. I wish DeSantis were adjusting FL's restrictions similarly.

Has anoyone called the hotline again recently? I am thinking I might tomorrow because I am started to get antsy (our trip is 4 weeks out from tomorrow).

Last edited:
Has anoyone called the hotline again recently? I am thinking I might tomorrow because I am started to get antsy (our trip is 4 weeks out from tomorrow).
With the checkpoint closed and nobody greeting flights at the airports anymore you would think it should end sometime soon. But who really knows!!

Please keep this thread with discussions ONLY on impacts to your trips to Disney world and NOT what any politician is or sn't doing. I really don't want to have to close this cause i think it's important for planning

Last edited:
My daughter (NJ) is down there right now, flew out of Philly. No questions at airport, on plane or at magical express. She will be coming home -flying through Philly- next week and will be both quarantined and tested because we feel it is the right thing to do (she is 16 and totally felt the quarantine and stick to her brain is worth the experience). FWIW- she has been to Disney many, many times and said the parks are great with the walk-on rides, low crowds and social distancing. Her negative comments - busses are extremely limited in capacity (which is awesome for safety, bad when you would like to get somewhere), the limited food menus, and she said Disney Springs -way too many people there, not social distancing and not wearing their masks. Disney Springs made her very uncomfortable and she will not go back on this trip.

She said she will quarantine when she gets home. That’s the right thing to do. I think we all know the 14 days when you arrive in Florida, the current hot spot, is mute at this point. They aren’t enforcing it any longer it seems.
They never really enforced it. It was based on the “honor system “ as yullian put it. I hope she enjoys her trip.

From the Florida Dept of Health:

Governor DeSantis directed all individuals entering the state of Florida from the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York) to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into Florida or the duration of the individual’s presence in Florida, whichever is shorter. This includes persons entering Florida by roadways.

This order is definitely still in effect.

Folks - everyone has made their point, move on please. This thread has had several ‘issues’ since it started and it seems we continue to not be heading in a good direction with the dialogue and tone.

Please keep it on topic and respectful. Discussion about circumventing government orders is also not welcome here.

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter