April 2015 Happy Dance!!!!

Has anybody heard of any discounts for April? I know the next one always comes out around late December / early January, as we always go around spring break. Just wondering if anyone has heard any rumors. Free dining would be very cool, that or a PIN!

~ MC pirate:

Thanks for the heads up! So, these cheerleaders will be staying at POP and/or the All Stars Resorts? Not fun! :rolleyes2 Anyone have any experience with the cheerleaders in the past? Should we avoid these Resorts all together? I would love to stay at CBR but it's just not in our budget. AoA is completely sold out! Not really any other options I guess! :-/

About 9,000 cheerleaders, their families, and the spectators that come from around the world to watch. Fire marshall always threatens to close down the venue from the crowds.

All Stars Sports becomes a spectator event in itself for people to show up and watch their favorite team (people who do not stay at the resort will find their way there!).

Here is a youtube video at All Star Sports when CEA practices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHMJu5nmOgU

If you are brave enough to stay at an All Stars, you do not want Sports facing the field. LoL. Although my daughter would be in HEAVEN! LoL.

About 9,000 cheerleaders, their families, and the spectators that come from around the world to watch. Fire marshall always threatens to close down the venue from the crowds.

All Stars Sports becomes a spectator event in itself for people to show up and watch their favorite team (people who do not stay at the resort will find their way there!).

If you are brave enough to stay at an All Stars, you do not want Sports facing the field. LoL. Although my daughter would be in HEAVEN! LoL.

Oh wow! What a large crowd! Is this happening at all the Value Resorts or just at All Stars? Does this effect the Parks at all?

Oh wow! What a large crowd! Is this happening at all the Value Resorts or just at All Stars? Does this effect the Parks at all?

Yes, it will impact the value resorts and that is where most normal vacationers will see the biggest impact. The competition is at WWoS, but teams come from around the world so they also go to the parks. Teams coming from Thailand, Brazil, etc., are going to get in their park time. They won't be in uniforms at the parks but may be in matching team shirts.

One other thing to keep in mind. In December it is Pop Warner (kids city leagues). It is kids.

April is Worlds. It is teens and adults. Minimum age of athletes is 12, some athletes are in their 30's (international open teams). :)

The competition the first weekend of May (The Summit) is kids and teens again.

I just booked our trip this morning. We will be going April 21 - April 27 and staying at Yacht Club. Can't wait!!

So crazy when you see it like this. Main reason I leave my non cheerleader daughter at home. Lol! She's only 7 tho so doesn't care :rotfl2:

So crazy when you see it like this. Main reason I leave my non cheerleader daughter at home. Lol! She's only 7 tho so doesn't care :rotfl2:

Last year, because of they way they changed the spectator tickets into sessions and having to buy multiple tickets, I have friends who just went to the AS Sports to see cheerlebrities. We live in Tampa so they just drove up to the resort for the day. Not sure how or where they parked but they posted pictures at the hotel. They were not guests there, just showed up because they knew they could get pictures with cheerlebrities. They were in swimsuits and blended in as guests. I have never stayed at AS Sports, don't they give out wristbands to use the pool? I know Gaylord gives out wristbands to prevent non-guests from using the pool.

I also know some of my daughter's friends booked hotel rooms at All Star Sports for the same reason... to meet cheerlebrities. A few also went to worlds as spectators. We had three Tampa area gyms at worlds last year: Brandon All Stars, Cheer Express All Stars, and Tumble Tech All Stars. We knew girls on some of the teams that made it to worlds. Me, I just paid for the live stream and watched from home last year. I didn't feel like fighting crowds. We went to the Summit instead (as spectators) which is the first weekend in May competition.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Last year, because of they way they changed the spectator tickets into sessions and having to buy multiple tickets, I have friends who just went to the AS Sports to see cheerlebrities. We live in Tampa so they just drove up to the resort for the day. Not sure how or where they parked but they posted pictures at the hotel. They were not guests there, just showed up because they knew they could get pictures with cheerlebrities. They were in swimsuits and blended in as guests. I have never stayed at AS Sports, don't they give out wristbands to use the pool? I know Gaylord gives out wristbands to prevent non-guests from using the pool.

I also know some of my daughter's friends booked hotel rooms at All Star Sports for the same reason... to meet cheerlebrities. A few also went to worlds as spectators. We had three Tampa area gyms at worlds last year: Brandon All Stars, Cheer Express All Stars, and Tumble Tech All Stars. We knew girls on some of the teams that made it to worlds. Me, I just paid for the live stream and watched from home last year. I didn't feel like fighting crowds. We went to the Summit instead (as spectators) which is the first weekend in May competition.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I don't think they give out wrist bands but its been a minute since I stayed there.

FYI for those like you two staying at Pop or All Stars...be prepared for TONS of cheerleaders Apr 25-27 and May 1-3 as there are two big competitions those weekends. :goodvibes We will probably (hopefully) be back at the end of April (our vacation is Mar 31-Apr4) for the first competition and I JUST realized that was just weeks after our vacation. :)

Tentatively count me in for April 2015 too! Thank you so much for this info!! I haven't booked a resort yet & POP is my favorite spot. I did get a PIN for a room only discount, so it's possible that I can afford a moderate this time. I'll be at AoA in January with my DS9, my friend, her 2 boys & her mom. So, once I pay off that trip (this month), I'll be looking to book my first ever solo trip April 24th-28th, 2015!! :banana:

Hello Everyone!!! I have been planning on an April 2015 trip since August, but now that I'm finally only 163 days out, I can start to plan it officially. I look forward to posting and reading all your advice and even joining the FB page.

See ya all soon!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Anyone going the week after Easter, around April 14th? How would crowds be around that time? I was planning on going the last week of April but am thinking of changing it up because of cheer competitions :-/

Just sent a request for the FB group! DH and I are going to celebrate our anniversary April 28 - May 2, staying at POFQ!

Soooo excited! My DH just agreed to a quick 5 night trip April 22-27th! This is going to sound awful, but we are currently on vacation in Gatlinburg with my family and they are driving us CRAZY! We have never taken a family vacation just the 4 of us. We are taking oldest DD for her 10th bday in October but that will be another big family vacation. So we are using this as an opportunity to get away--just the 4 of us. But he said he will cancel if I tell anyone lol!!
So add me to the happy dance list!

I know my signature says a January trip but I took a new job and we can't swing that. We have been trying to pull this off for a while!!

Guess I'll have to get my sister to help me find the FB page. I just don't use FB at all so I rarely join the groups there. :)

Congrats bbak3030 on the quick trip decision! And welcome :)

FINALLY BOOKED!!! After weeks of saying "May 4-12", we changed our plans today when Air Canada had a Cyber Monday sale.

We are now flying to Orlando on April 13, spending a night at RPR, then heading over to Pop from April 14-13. My birthday is April 21, so that's very exciting :)

Hi All! My fiance and I are celebrating our one year engagement anniversary at POFQ from April 6-10. We were in Disney the day after our engagement last year as well! SO excited!! Anyone else staying at POFQ? This is our first time. :)

So I had to cancel my April trip. I'm sad I just started a new job and my fellow travelers were tight on cash! I'm going to try october! Please post pics on the FB group of your trips so I can live through them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter