Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you. We were going to stay at POR until I read that their pool/hot tub will be closed for refurb. I really want the hot tub after the race.

We switched to CBR from POR for the pool too, but we are not doing the run. We are going mid-March, the week the pool is "supposed" to reopen. Didn't want to chance it though. The hotel does look cool, especially with the beaches. Have a good race.

We will arrive at CBR in 89 days :) This will be my first time at CBR since my first WDW trip as a kid, 20 years ago!

Our daughter will be 18 months when we are there. Wondering what you can tell me about the pools/swimming. She's never been in a pool but loves the bath so I think she's going to love splashing around. Are there certain pools or areas that are more kid friendly/shallow? Do all the pools have child life vests we could use for her if desired? Any other good tips for bringing a kid that age to the pool?
The pool at CBR's OPR are zero entry and warm... (Heated 365 days/year) Your baby will LOVE it!
There are life jackets available for free, however, let me recommend that you buy the bathing suit for toddlers that already has the life jacket in it... Unfortunately they were not yet invented when my children were little, but all of my GC have worn them.
I've attached photo, this one is by speedo, and is less than $30, but there are a million more styles and prices.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-23-13-52-45-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-23-13-52-45-1.png
    421.5 KB · Views: 6

We check in on Sunday 1/31 and I have a few questions. I apologize if these have been answered already. I did read but over weeks and weeks and some of it went in one ear and out the other.

Does CBR have hair dryers in the rooms?

We are arriving in Orlando on Saturday, spending the night in a less expensive hotel, and heading to CBR first thing in the morning. Any luck With getting into your room by 9 or 9:30am?

Thanks so much!!!!

We check in on Sunday 1/31 and I have a few questions. I apologize if these have been answered already. I did read but over weeks and weeks and some of it went in one ear and out the other.

We are arriving in Orlando on Saturday, spending the night in a less expensive hotel, and heading to CBR first thing in the morning. Any luck With getting into your room by 9 or 9:30am?

Thanks so much!!!!
Yes, there is a hair dryer in each room.

We have always been lucky enough to be able to get a room early, but that is not always the case.

Perhaps organize your luggage so that you have what you need for the day in a separate park or swim bag. Bell services will keep your luggage safe for you if you don't want to leave it in a car.

Have fun!

It is more expensive but we buy the individual bowls of cereal (at most stores) & the milk cartons that don't have to be refrigerated... If u are short on time in the morning u can just throw the cereal, milk & spoon in a bag and eat it while waiting for rope drop! Pop tarts and portable yogurt also work great... Plus it is something to do while u wait

Smart idea! That would save us a good 20 minutes of our morning! :)
Not sure about milk that doesn't have to be cold.. lol! But, we could probably squeeze a tiny one in a cooler in the stroller! :)

Quick question! We are staying Feb 28-March 5 and very excited! I did online check in a few days ago, and made 2 requests, upper floor and water view. We have a King room booked. We don't arrive for another 34 days, however it won't let me change my room request. After doing a little research I wish I would have chosen Upper Floor and Jamaica. It's not that big of a deal, but did they already choose our room this early? It also said we have "streamlined checkin" whatever that means. I was hoping to get the kind of check in that allows us to go right to the room, but that doesn't look like the one. It says to go to Customs house.

Quick question! We are staying Feb 28-March 5 and very excited! I did online check in a few days ago, and made 2 requests, upper floor and water view. We have a King room booked. We don't arrive for another 34 days, however it won't let me change my room request. After doing a little research I wish I would have chosen Upper Floor and Jamaica. It's not that big of a deal, but did they already choose our room this early?

No, rooms get assigned 2-3 days out. Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and the phone CM will be able to change your requests to Upper Floor and Jamaica. This is one of the many reasons why I don't recommend making room requests via the Online Check In procedure. The options are predetermined, very limited and usually not what we like to request.

It also said we have "streamlined checkin" whatever that means. I was hoping to get the kind of check in that allows us to go right to the room, but that doesn't look like the one. It says to go to Customs house.

Not everyone that does Online Check In is able to Bypass The Front Desk. If you have completed Online Check In you will have 1 of the 3 Check In experiences:

1. Bypass The Front Desk - You will receive a text/email around the time you specify you will be arriving. The text/email will either say your room is ready and provide you room number along with a link to the resort map. Or if your room is not ready yet, your text/email will say this and then specify you will receive another text/email with your room number when it is ready. Once you receive either one of these texts, you are fully checked in to your resort and can go directly to the Parks if you want and use your tickets, dining credits, Memory Maker, etc.

2. Streamlined Check In - Once you arrive you will go to the Streamlined Check In Kiosk and show your ID. The CM will give you your paperwork and if your room is ready will give you your room number. If your room is not ready you will receive a text/email when it is ready with your room number. Once you leave the Streamlined Check In Kiosk you are fully checked in to your resort and can go directly to the Parks if you want and use your tickets, dining credits, Memory Maker, etc.

3. Regular Online Check In - Once you arrive you will go to the Online Check In Desk and show your ID. The CM will give you your paperwork and if your room is ready will give you your room number. If your room is not ready you will receive a text/email when it is ready with your room number. Once you leave the Online Check In Desk you are fully checked in to your resort and can go directly to the Parks if you want and use your tickets, dining credits, Memory Maker, etc.

Having said all that, some people who were first informed they were going to do the Streamlined Check In were later informed that they were now eligible for Bypass The Front Desk. So it could change, but might now.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has been able to figure out how they determine who gets which check in experience. We were traveling with friends, both did online check in, both had the exact same packages, were on the same flight and on the same Magical Express Bus. We got to Bypass the Front Desk and our friends had Streamlined Check In. :confused3

No, rooms get assigned 2-3 days out. Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and the phone CM will be able to change your requests to Upper Floor and Jamaica. This is one of the many reasons why I don't recommend making room requests via the Online Check In procedure. The options are predetermined, very limited and usually not what we like to request.

Not everyone that does Online Check In is able to Bypass The Front Desk. If you have completed Online Check In you will have 1 of the 3 Check In experiences:

1. Bypass The Front Desk - You will receive a text/email around the time you specify you will be arriving. The text/email will either say your room is ready and provide you room number along with a link to the resort map. Or if your room is not ready yet, your text/email will say this and then specify you will receive another text/email with your room number when it is ready. Once you receive either one of these texts, you are fully checked in to your resort and can go directly to the Parks if you want and use your tickets, dining credits, Memory Maker, etc.

2. Streamlined Check In - Once you arrive you will go to the Streamlined Check In Kiosk and show your ID. The CM will give you your paperwork and if your room is ready will give you your room number. If your room is not ready you will receive a text/email when it is ready with your room number. Once you leave the Streamlined Check In Kiosk you are fully checked in to your resort and can go directly to the Parks if you want and use your tickets, dining credits, Memory Maker, etc.

3. Regular Online Check In - Once you arrive you will go to the Online Check In Desk and show your ID. The CM will give you your paperwork and if your room is ready will give you your room number. If your room is not ready you will receive a text/email when it is ready with your room number. Once you leave the Online Check In Desk you are fully checked in to your resort and can go directly to the Parks if you want and use your tickets, dining credits, Memory Maker, etc.

Having said all that, some people who were first informed they were going to do the Streamlined Check In were later informed that they were now eligible for Bypass The Front Desk. So it could change, but might now.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has been able to figure out how they determine who gets which check in experience. We were traveling with friends, both did online check in, both had the exact same packages, were on the same flight and on the same Magical Express Bus. We got to Bypass the Front Desk and our friends had Streamlined Check In. :confused3

Thanks so much! I'll call and change the request then :). It doesn't really make much sense because there isn't any difference between regular online check in and streamlined check in... Or am I missing something? Thanks again!

Thanks so much! I'll call and change the request then :). It doesn't really make much sense because there isn't any difference between regular online check in and streamlined check in... Or am I missing something? Thanks again!

You're welcome. :thumbsup2

The only difference between Streamlined and Regular is that the Streamlined Kiosk is outside the lobby at Custom House. And sometimes the Streamlined CM will be out by the Magical Express buses with an IPAD. Looks like they're trying to keep the lobby at Custom House from getting too crowded.

Thanks so much!!!!

We did the same thing as you did and were in a room by 9 am. I say a room because we were given the option to wait until later and get the room we were assigned to in Jamaica (which we had requested) or take a room in Aruba, a little further away. We opted to take the room in Aruba and while our walk was a tad further, we were glad we did as we were able to get unpacked and organized, then enjoyed the rest of our day at Disney springs and at the pool.

@dansdad I didn't even realize that they were still doing streamlined checkin. I noticed that we got this when we did online check, which I messed up:sad2: I thought it was referring to bypass the desk checkin, which is what we did at POR last March. It's not a big deal either way for us. I just didn't even think we would need to go to the desk. Confusing! I wish they would all move to the same procedure. Thanks

@dansdad I didn't even realize that they were still doing streamlined checkin. I noticed that we got this when we did online check, which I messed up:sad2: I thought it was referring to bypass the desk checkin, which is what we did at POR last March. It's not a big deal either way for us. I just didn't even think we would need to go to the desk. Confusing! I wish they would all move to the same procedure. Thanks

I know. I don't know why there is still 3 different possible Check In Scenarios. And this is across all WDW resorts, not just CBR.

ok everyone, so apparently Touring Plans is not accurate with the water view booking category for CBR and those water view rooms in Trinidad North and most of Martinique must be booked as PREFERRED in order to get them. I am booked as "water view." I want to make a few requests to be as close as possible to the food court (we actually eat most of our meals at the resort food court). Preferred view is NOT an option for my dates-sold out. So what would be best to request if booked as a water view and wanting to be close to the food court??
edited: now it seems as though I was confused and you can get those villages with a water view room but they are not guaranteed and water view could end up anywhere......not sure how to delete my post bu sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
ok everyone, so apparently Touring Plans is not accurate with the water view booking category for CBR and those water view rooms in Trinidad North and most of Martinique must be booked as PREFERRED in order to get them. I am booked as "water view." I want to make a few requests to be as close as possible to the food court (we actually eat most of our meals at the resort food court). Preferred view is NOT an option for my dates-sold out. So what would be best to request if booked as a water view and wanting to be close to the food court??
edited: now it seems as though I was confused and you can get those villages with a water view room but they are not guaranteed and water view could end up anywhere......not sure how to delete my post bu sorry for any confusion.

We got a water view room in Trinidad North last June. However, we weren't thrilled with the view, and ended up switching to a water view room in Aruba. If you look at the map, you can probably imagine the difference.

Do I need to call again? We arrive on 1/31.

I did online check in back at my 60day Mark.

Then got an e-mail on Monday inviting me to do online check in. "Close to OPR" was not listed as an option and neither was the request for a crib.

I called and spoke with an amazingly kind CM. I verified the crib request. I also asked that she add a note that we request a room as close to OPR as possible. She said Trinidad North was closest so she would put in that request.

However, we are booked for a standard view room and my understanding is that there are none of those in Trinidad North. Does this mean they're going to move us to the end of the list and we'll end up in some deserted corner of the resort and it will take forever to get anywhere.

Do I need to call again?

Do I need to call again? We arrive on 1/31.

I did online check in back at my 60day Mark.

Then got an e-mail on Monday inviting me to do online check in. "Close to OPR" was not listed as an option and neither was the request for a crib.

I called and spoke with an amazingly kind CM. I verified the crib request. I also asked that she add a note that we request a room as close to OPR as possible. She said Trinidad North was closest so she would put in that request.

However, we are booked for a standard view room and my understanding is that there are none of those in Trinidad North. Does this mean they're going to move us to the end of the list and we'll end up in some deserted corner of the resort and it will take forever to get anywhere.

Do I need to call again?

I would call and ask that the phone CM change your request to "Close to OPR".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter