Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

Thanks for the report. I haven't been back since the Halloween merchandise season began and it looks like I'll be staying away for a bit longer.

Will the restaurants reopen the bar tops in them as long as you order food? Or are those still closed?
This is the guidance for bar counters, my guess is that they will continue to be closed out of an abundance of caution.

• Discontinue seating customers and/or groups at bar counters, sushi preparation bars, etc., where they cannot maintain at least six feet of distance from work areas/stations.

A few other notes. I hadn’t planned to buy anything so I didn’t bring my AP to get my usual 20% discount. However, a friend and I learned that there was some new merch that was too good to pass up, so... Here’s the lesson: always bring your AP to DTD. Since my (and many other people’s) AP has disappeared from the app, I had no way to prove that I was an AP-holder. Accordingly, I wasn't able to get my discount and ended up paying about $30 more than I would have. WOD says they have no way to lookup your AP. And a pic of it won’t work either. You must have either your physical AP or proof of it in the app. So again: always bring your AP, just in case.

As you can see in the pic below, the line to get through the security checkpoints wrapped well into the parking lot. I’ve yet to see that since DTD reopened. So another lesson learned: always arrive early. Always! ;-).

8D6FD0DC-F7B4-41A3-B93E-13D217B8F76D.jpeg

1632FCB4-095B-4422-963F-32AD377EEB24.jpeg

I met a charming young lady and her friend outside of WOD. She makes these (and other) custom ears (details on her card below). She told me that her grandfather was involved in the building of POTC and the Fantasyland teacups. She also showed me pics of his original cardboard Disney ID.
E2040F72-ECC0-4E43-9AA6-B900F444528E.jpeg

634D6F2F-F5C8-482A-9D93-DABF822B1F0D.jpeg

A few other notes. I hadn’t planned to buy anything so I didn’t bring my AP to get my usual 20% discount. However, a friend and I learned that there was some new merch that was too good to pass up, so... Here’s the lesson: always bring your AP to DTD. Since my (and many other people’s) AP has disappeared from the app, I had no way to prove that I was an AP-holder. Accordingly, I wasn't able to get my discount and ended up paying about $30 more than I would have. WOD says they have no way to lookup your AP. And a pic of it won’t work either. You must have either your physical AP or proof of it in the app. So again: always bring your AP, just in case.

As you can see in the pic below, the line to get through the security checkpoints wrapped well into the parking lot. I’ve yet to see that since DTD reopened. So another lesson learned: always arrive early. Always! ;-).

View attachment 525836

View attachment 525838

I met a charming young lady and her friend outside of WOD. She makes these (and other) custom ears (details on her card below). She told me that her grandfather was involved in the building of POTC and the Fantasyland teacups. She also showed me pics of his original cardboard Disney ID.
View attachment 525839

View attachment 525840

View attachment 525836

View attachment 525838

View attachment 525839

View attachment 525840
The lines looked like that when we left on Saturday afternoon....we were shocked! Those ears are super CUTE! Thanks for posting!

I’m here now and crowds are relatively heavy. I arrived at around 9:45 but this must have been one of the days that they opened early because as I drove beneath the DTD underpass, I could already see people walking around. It was also the first time that I’ve had to get in a wraparound line to get through the various screenings.

A few minutes ago I thought I’d pop into Marceline’s Confectionery, since the line appeared to be short. However, once I joined it, a CM approached and explained that there was a standby. I only wanted to look (I don’t eat refined sugar) so I declined her offer to get on the list.

A few pics from the gates of DCA. Mats and stools were in evidence. Not sure if the stools have been there since the closure but I choose to interpret their presence as a positive sign. Didn’t see any mats at the DL gates :-(. Somehow that’s still a positive sign, though ;-).

View attachment 525755

View attachment 525756

View attachment 525759

The closest I’ve been to DL since the war started.
View attachment 525761
One last one before I leave.
View attachment 525762
Thank you for the update, news, and photos, Rob! We would have been at DLR this weekend for CHOC Walk, so your photos were very cheering.

View attachment 525836

View attachment 525838

View attachment 525839

View attachment 525840
The pass discount situation may depend on who the CM is. I’ve had a few CM’s just ask me what pass I had and they would just take my word for it and put in the 20%....other times they ask to scan it. You can show a picture of the barcode and they can scan that as well.

The pass discount situation may depend on who the CM is. I’ve had a few CM’s just ask me what pass I had and they would just take my word for it and put in the 20%....other times they ask to scan it. You can show a picture of the barcode and they can scan that as well.
I asked three or four CMs and they all told me that the pass itself had to be scanned and a pic of it would not be accepted. I spoke with a manager at WOD and she told me largely the same. Boo for not having my pass with me. I hadn’t expected to buy anything.

They always scan mine, sometimes the computer doesn't read it though so then they ask what kind it is. My pass "expired" on July 22, but with the continued closure it's going to expire sometime in February/March if Disneyland is open by mid October.

They always scan mine, sometimes the computer doesn't read it though so then they ask what kind it is. My pass "expired" on July 22, but with the continued closure it's going to expire sometime in February/March if Disneyland is open by mid October.
Yeah really depends on who is working the register. Most of the time they scan mine. But there have been a few occasions where they just ask what type of pass I have. When I say "Signature plus" they just manually enter the 20% discount. I also noticed that they haven't asked for an ID like they would when the parks were open. Only place that asked for an ID while using the pass discount was Curl Surf.

Yeah really depends on who is working the register. Most of the time they scan mine. But there have been a few occasions where they just ask what type of pass I have. When I say "Signature plus" they just manually enter the 20% discount. I also noticed that they haven't asked for an ID like they would when the parks were open. Only place that asked for an ID while using the pass discount was Curl Surf.
I haven't been asked for ID as well. I have mine ready though since I know the drill. Only non Disney place I've used my discount at is Black Tap and they didn't ask for ID either.

I haven't been asked for ID as well. I have mine ready though since I know the drill. Only non Disney place I've used my discount at is Black Tap and they didn't ask for ID either.
This reminded me that we haven't been asked for ID, either, at Disney and non-Disney places, although we always have it ready anyway.

One last odd thing about WOD yesterday. As I was about to leave, I asked one of the CMs there if she’d heard anything about some spirit jerseys that have been sold out for awhile. She explained that she hadn’t seen them in several weeks and that my best bet would be to look on eBay. That struck me as strange. Isn’t gouging folks on merch against Disney policy? I’ve been told by a few CMs that Disney actively investigates eBay resellers and if it can be determined that any of them are AP holders, they’ll revoke their pass - and it’s happened many times. It almost felt like I asked about long lines at Peter Pan and a CM then suggested that I cut. I exaggerate, of course, but it did feel strange.

One last odd thing about WOD yesterday. As I was about to leave, I asked one of the CMs there if she’d heard anything about some spirit jerseys that have been sold out for awhile. She explained that she hadn’t seen them in several weeks and that my best bet would be to look on eBay. That struck me as strange. Isn’t gouging folks on merch against Disney policy?
But she is technically right. If an item is sold out then eBay might be the only place to find them. I think what Disney is fighting against is APs buying dozens of hot items at the discount for the PURPOSE of reselling. Nothing wrong with reselling an item you bought and decided you didn’t like it, need it, want it, it doesn’t fit etc.

Disney is going to have to better control the home store line. It seems to frequently end up in front of sprinkles doors.
You’re right! That whole area needs better control. Between Marcelines, Carla, UVA bar, home store and now Sprinkles, its going to be congested...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter