• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Hard time at a DVC resort

By the way, how good is this warden's security? If I'm doing hard time at VGF, can I escape to Poly or BLT? Or if I'm at BWV and am jones'ing for Beaches and Cream can I plan a break-out for an afternoon? Stargazer will never even notice...
I wouldn’t recommend it. I'm always watching, you never know where I may be. That Mickey or Pluto walking up to your table at a character breakfast...that may just be a regular cast member...or maybe not.
Or even downgraded to a Moderate or Value prison! Ohhhhh, the horror! :::: shuddering :::::
Punishment for any attempted escape from a Deluxe DVC Resort Prison is 30 days solitary confinement in a Pop Century Standard Hotel room.

I LOVE the POP Century so I’ll do the time ! You would have a hard time putting me somewhere at Disney I didn’t like !!!

I LOVE the POP Century so I’ll do the time ! You would have a hard time putting me somewhere at Disney I didn’t like !!!

Guess you haven't heard how tough this warden can be, have ya?

Pssst...like a Ft. Wilderness campsite, no RV or camper. Not even a TENT!

Better read up on FL survivalist skills, buddy, or slip me a few $$$. I'll see what I can arrange. Got some friends of "friends," yanno?

A stretch in Solitary is going to be tough, there is no kitchen and you can’t leave so you will be on a strict diet. A typical breakfast will be only Mickey Waffles with your choice of breakfast meat, fresh fruit and Joffrey's coffee (Gevalia and Starbucks are contraband). Besides Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, you are limited to only two snacks per day. Snacks are a choice of Mickey bars, smoked turkey legs, or Mickey pretzels (with cheese of course if you so choose). The only TV channel allowed is the “Disney Must Do” channel with Stacey Oswad:

Omg better than what I got going on now - can I PLEASE go to jail ? Mickey bars ? Heck yes !! ❤️❤️
camping - I love camping - I’m old school here !! RV ? I don’t need no RV
Those trees are thick back there - I’ll bring bug spray - I’m good

A stretch in Solitary is going to be tough, there is no kitchen and you can’t leave so you will be on a strict diet. A typical breakfast will be only Mickey Waffles with your choice of breakfast meat, fresh fruit and Joffrey's coffee (Gevalia and Starbucks are contraband). Besides Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, you are limited to only two snacks per day. Snacks are a choice of Mickey bars, smoked turkey legs, or Mickey pretzels (with cheese of course if you so choose). The only TV channel allowed is the “Disney Must Do” channel with Stacey Oswad:
View attachment 658411
If there's pizza (even Disney-quality pizza) somewhere on property, then it will all be worth the risk. Otherwise, I'll stick with BCV forever.

You will have an awesome pool to enjoy for you life sentence and I for one love Beaches & Cream !! Grab you some crab legs at that buffet !!
I’ll be enjoying my Mickey Bars while I do time at Pop Century and Mickey Pretzels (with cheese ) !! Sounds awesome to me !!
I’ll be touring all the DVCs - Warden is going to have to find a better jail - I love listening to what’s going on at Disney !! We will have to do lunch !! No pool hopping allowed at BC !

Nice place and nice big resort to do life sentence!
Yes, the combination of having a quiet secluded area along with a big open resort area with golf and spa. There's a lot to like about it if you were stuck there for life. Actually, it's the one resort that most resembles a retirement community.

The only thing for me that it lacks is the beach. So I'm torn between THV at SSR, a GV at Aul, and a cottage at VB.

That’s my problem with AKL and BLT - I want a beach !! Those are my two favorites - although I own BC and their pool is amazing - I own it to walk to EPCOT so for this it’s not in consideration for me as I would want to go to EPCOT and can’t
May become same issue with BLT after awhile but not with AKL as I would have animals - it’s not about the rides with me.
GF would also be nice - and nothing beats their Christmas displays!!! Plus it’s a nice big resort !
Disney does make this hard !! Such an excellent thought provoking idea you had !! ❤️❤️

Does being confined at HHI or VB include the whole beach, part of the beach or no beach?
It includes all the beach that is considered part of the resort property.

The idea is to evaluate the resort with all it's possible amenities for a long term stay, while eliminating the other aspects that make it a normal choice to vacation (i.e. proximity to other resorts, parks, outside amenities, transportation). You can't leave so you have to make do with what the resort offers on its property.

For example: Of three resorts I own BLT is my favorite resort because I like the view, proximity to MK, monorail transportation. I like VWL second best for it's theming, I like SSR but I mostly bought it for value so it is third.

However, this scenario flipped my thought process. In this scenario I would pick SSR hands down of those three if I was confined to the resort for life. Space, living arrangements, and amenities on the property made it my choice. I enjoy golf, but I've never golfed at WDW and wouldn't normally do it on vacation there. But if I lived there I all the time you bet I would be golfing.

I would be picking for beach and food / restaurant choices and what activities I would want to do - I don’t golf so not an option for me - AKL has animals so big draw for me but BLT has a beach and a marina plus I get the Contemporary - nice restaurants
As I stated before this is a wonderful exercise in examining the DVC resorts and giving them serious thought in a new light !! I’m looking at other resorts different now but still love BLT and AKL and will always keep BC for Food & Wine But will now consider others in a new way 🤔

VGF Grand Villa
Cool, you just answered what DH and I were about to ask if we chose BCV, could we eat at Ale & Compass or Yachtsman and swim in YC's quiet pool.

Okay, I choose a Grand Villa at VGF.

Tons of space, fabulous master bedroom shower that is also a steam room, a media room with a very cool tv, a pool table, fully equipped kitchen in case I get bored with GF restaurants and want to order from Garden Grocer and cook. (I can do that, right?) But, if I don't wanna, the GF and VGF have room service. It can darn well bring me breakfast in bed when I feel like it.

Restaurants? Wow! Bunches of fabulous ones, but they'd better open up V&A's and Garden View Tea Room before I'm incarcerated. Oh, and 1900 PF to get me my plates full of gummy bears and the characters!

Now, I presume my "prison uniform" can come from Curiouser Clothiers since you said any facilities. That place has some niiiiccce designer labels, yes, indeedy.

And a daily massage at the spa where they can keep my hair and nails as fashionable as my designer duds.

Hard time? :rotfl2: I could get used to this prison with very little effort. Not hard at all.

FUN question! Thanks much for asking. :flower3:
Restaurants: one of my favorites, anywhere is V&A. And if doing hard time at VGF is what it's going to take to reopen that puppy... I will make the sacrifice. All the other signatures, and 1900 PF... and drinks, and tea ... it's a no brainer for me on food and drink. I love going to Enchanted Rose for a drink.

Shopping: GF is one of the few resorts where I set aside time to shop. I would use allll the bath bombs and Basin White in my deep soaking tub.

Massage, hair and nails? Yes please. And my kids could stay too, with BBB.

Activities - I think I would use the marina that I've always admired and never really booked.

Hands down…Riviera GV.
I love Riviera but the food options are too few. And I love Topolino's - it's tied with CG for #2 at WDW.
the magic kingdom view would be torture as you would see all the people having fun
Well, the buildings kind of block it, and we could still see fireworks. But this would be the hardest to take, for sure.
And one thing that no one has remembered, the convention center.
We can go to every convention, and that can add some needed variety over the years.
What an idea! I would also crash every wedding, photobomb the wedding pictures, and make every convention *memorable* for the attendees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter