Hard time at a DVC resort

This is a tough one, but I will stick BLT for now, I can see boats, monorails, and trains, oh and i guess buses. Food is pretty plentiful there as well.

:rolleyes2 *sigh*
This is HARD time, folks. You can't have anything that doesn't come from the resort...and SHEESH...do I have to say it...you can't just wander off the resort property when you feel a notion. Ain'tcha never heard of a PRISON before!
  • Thou shalt not have Gideon's treats (unless they open a Gideon's at the resort)
  • Nor shalt thou have daily poke deliveries. (Maybe some Foodland grocery deliveries...but only weekly)
  • The Theme Parks are right out!
Weekly poke it is. I can stretch that out in my fridge and have the rest of my diet supplemented with shaved ice and dole whip.

🙃

I think I'd probably pick a GV at VGC (even though I don't think I've ever even looked at these before) so I'd have plenty of space, good restaurants, a semi-relaxed vibe, a couple pools, and a spa. Can I rent/use a poolside cabana??

My 2nd choice would be one of the CC Cabins so I don't have to share walls with anyone. But...the Florida weather and the bugs are what drops this one down a notch for me.

ETA - If I pick the Grand Californian....does it have to be a DVC room?? If not, then I'd pick either the Arcadia Suite or the El Capitan Suite because I don't think the GV has a fireplace.

Last edited:

I think I'd probably pick a GV at VGC (even though I don't think I've ever even looked at these before) so I'd have plenty of space, good restaurants, a semi-relaxed vibe, a couple pools, and a spa. Can I rent/use a poolside cabana??

My 2nd choice would be one of the CC Cabins so I don't have to share walls with anyone. But...the Florida weather and the bugs are what drops this one down a notch for me.

ETA - If I pick the Grand Californian....does it have to be a DVC room?? If not, then I'd pick either the Arcadia Suite or the El Capitan Suite because I don't think the GV has a fireplace.
You know on second thought unlimited Napa Rose and nightly World of Color does sound pretty sweet..

No question, the Boardwalk.

Three pools, multiple restaurants, a bakery, an ice cream shop, a couple of stores, views of Crescent Lake and the River that leads to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Epcot fireworks at night, entertainers on the Boardwalk, at least 3 places for drinks, a dance hall, and a piano bar.

Remember, the Boardwalk is a mini version of Disney Springs. There’s no other WDW DVC that comes close to BWV’s variety of entertainment.

As far as what room, that’s easy. A Grand Villa overlooking Crescent Lake, of course! :)
....and a Food Truck!
But honestly, I was about to say exactly your response but then I thought not sure if outside the confines of BWV were allowed. Walking down the Boardwalk really isn't part of the resort in my estimation. For the same reason BCV (Home Resort (and I was going to say it) wouldn't allowed to meander to YC and ensuing restaurants and gift shop which I do. Not considered BCV.

Therefore, I think I have to say Poly (own) if only for the reason that outside is so pretty & peaceful plus so large to walk around plus restaurants/gift shops I like.

But my heart would still be at BWV (ha).

Initially thought Riviera since it's my fave but then thought a grand villa at AKV. Can watch animals all day long. Love Boma, Sanaa and Jiko. And the one, not sure if Kidani or Jambo, has the pool table. Maybe I could become good at playing pool, lol.

Second choice would be a cabin at Copper Creek. Quiet and I like Geyser Point. Plus it has a hot tub and 2 sided fireplace. Hmmm, torn between this and the AKV grand villa.

My DD says a Grand Villa at Copper Creek because of the indoor hallways during hurricanes. I say Grand Villa at Grand Floridian for the steam shower, extra room/media room, huge windows with amazing views.

No fair!!!

If they can have Foodland Poke (IYKYK) delivered to Aulani, then I should be able to DoorDash Gideon’s cake and peanut butter cold brew to SSR! :)
You're right, as your warden I will remedy that. So here is the correct policy:

NO OUTSIDE GROCERY OR DOORDASH OR INSTACART OR ANYTHING FROM OUTSIDE!

(All food, drink, room supplies, etc...will all have to come from your resort prison at the markets, restaurants, and lounges on site)

not sure if outside the confines of BWV were allowed. Walking down the Boardwalk really isn't part of the resort in my estimation
Inmates of BWV are allowed to use the Boardwalk and its amenities, as long as they are on good behavior.

However, any attempt to go beyond those confines will be dealt with harshly. No grace given. First offense, and I'll make you sit in a nanny chair facing the corner for a whole hour:
1709214041017.png

Hey Warden - if I pick the Grand Californian....do I have to pick a DVC room or can I pick a room on the hotel side of things?

No fair!!!

If they can have Foodland Poke (IYKYK) delivered to Aulani, then I should be able to DoorDash Gideon’s cake and peanut butter cold brew to SSR! :)
You're right, as your warden I will remedy that. So here is the correct policy:

NO OUTSIDE GROCERY OR DOORDASH OR INSTACART OR ANYTHING FROM OUTSIDE!

(All food, drink, room supplies, etc...will all have to come from your resort prison at the markets, restaurants, and lounges on site)
.. snitches get stitches @tidefan ..

Fine. I’ll fish my own poke out of Rainbow Reef 😡

Hey Warden - if I pick the Grand Californian....do I have to pick a DVC room or can I pick a room on the hotel side of things?
You can use anything that is part of the Grand Californian resort and go anywhere on property, whether it's DVC or not. So yes, you can be on the hotel side. However, you couldn't go to Disney California Adventure Park even though it's right next door. You can look at it from the prison yard, but you can't go there.

You can use anything that is part of your resort and go anywhere that is associated with your resort. The resort just has to be a current part of the DVC family of resorts (i.e. you can choose Poly but can't choose Coronado Springs, Pop Century, etc...). Last year you couldn't choose Fort Wilderness or DLH, but now you can since we have expanded the prison system. You also can't go to places that are not directly part of your resort. For example, if you're at BCV you could go to Beaches & Cream or Cape May Cafe, but you couldn't go to the Ale & Compass even though it's in close proximity.

Nice! Then I am definitely choosing the Acadia or El Capitan suite at the Grand Californian. I just can't decide which one!

You can use anything that is part of the Grand Californian resort and go anywhere on property, whether it's DVC or not. So yes, you can be on the hotel side. However, you couldn't go to Disney California Adventure Park even though it's right next door. You can look at it from the prison yard, but you can't go there.

You can use anything that is part of your resort and go anywhere that is associated with your resort. The resort just has to be a current part of the DVC family of resorts (i.e. you can choose Poly but can't choose Coronado Springs, Pop Century, etc...). Last year you couldn't choose Fort Wilderness or DLH, but now you can since we have expanded the prison system. You also can't go to places that are not directly part of your resort. For example, if you're at BCV you could go to Beaches & Cream or Cape May Cafe, but you couldn't go to the Ale & Compass even though it's in close proximity.
Do I get to use the ocean at Aulani for fishing?

Another question for the warden - since I'm a prisoner of the state, am I allowed unlimited free access to the prison dining facilities, or do I have to pay for my food at the commissary? As a convicted felon, I might have some difficulty holding on to my cushy work-from-anywhere IT job, so I'm wondering what my income looks like. And if I'm incarcerated, say, at AKV, can I eat freely at Boma every morning and evening, or do I need to expect a diet of frozen pizzas from the gift shop with only occasional splurges like Jiko?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter