Hard time at a DVC resort

Well, it's been about two years since anyone posted on this thread. I wanted to see if any new people wanted to add their thoughts, or if anyone has changed their mind now that we know more about the PVB prison expansion, and have added DLH and FWL (soon) to the growing list of correctional institutions.

Well, it's been about two years since anyone posted on this thread. I wanted to see if any new people wanted to add their thoughts, or if anyone has changed their mind now that we know more about the PVB prison expansion, and have added DLH and FWL (soon) to the growing list of correctional institutions.
This is fun!

I would probably pick The Beach Club...just because I have an emotional attachment.

I'm not too excited about the food, though. But still....

Aulani and it's not close.

Animal Kingdom if we want to limit scope to WDW. Part of me wants to say Fort Wilderness but the food situation would have to improve first.

I would like to ask a question-if you're serving your sentence at OKW, would you still be able to golf on the LBV golf course? I know that the clubhouse is over at SSR, but most of the course itself is within the prison walls of OKW. And since OKW has such limited dining options, I'm demanding that I get a grocery delivery (from which I'll even make my own food) once a month.

I agree hard to pick from AKL and BCV but those would be mine leaning towards AKL as I love the food and Animals ❤️
Sticking with my original snswer still think I’d stay at Animal Kingdom it’s got it all animals some of the best food in my opinion! Love the pool!! Love the decor!! You can lock me up there anytime!! Love the music!! Sentence me the life there I’ll be happy❤️❤️❤️ when can I start serving my sentence??

I would like to ask a question-if you're serving your sentence at OKW, would you still be able to golf on the LBV golf course? I know that the clubhouse is over at SSR, but most of the course itself is within the prison walls of OKW. And since OKW has such limited dining options, I'm demanding that I get a grocery delivery (from which I'll even make my own food) once a month.
No, sorry. You can't use the SSR Correctional Institute golf course while serving time at OKW.

If you are caught on the LBV golf course, you will be confined to your villa and put on a diet of conch fritters and rum runner cocktails from Olivia's for the rest of the day.

Aulani Ocean View GV - especially if we can Door Dash Monkeypod mai tais to our cell.

Last edited:

Definitely staying in my own little cabin at Fort Wilderness. I need peace and quiet and I can hang out with the horses. Can I bring my dog?

Aulani Ocean View GV - especially if we can Door Dash Monkeypod mai tais to our cell.
You can go anywhere you want on resort property, and have Mai Tais and other drinks whenever you want. But only those made at one of Aulani's restaurants or lounges. This is serious hard time.

You’re a tough warden !
I have that reputation.

Just yesterday one of the PVB inmates complained his Tonga Toast was smaller than normal. I had him sent to Trader Sam's and let the CMs know he was going to be having some Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rums...and that they were to give him the business if he didn't order them just right. ;)

While the new tower going up at the Poly has peaked my interest, I will still have to stay with a Grand Villa at the VGF.
A Grand Villa at the Poly tower may come in a close second, lol.

I'm having a tough time choosing my prison, but I think I've narrowed it down the three:

1. AKV. Location and transportation aside, it's my favorite hotel in the world, mainly because there's nothing else like it anywhere. The savannah is so peaceful, and I don't think I'd ever get tired of watching the animals. The lobby is amazing, and I love the cultural representatives working there (at least pre-COVID). And the quality and variety of dining is incredible - Jiko, Boma, and Sanaa - are you kidding me?

2. SSR. Basically living at a country club (prison), complete with a spa and golf course. Dining is weak, but if I can arrange to have meals smuggled in from DS, then I'm good. And I think working on my golf game would be more stimulating than just watching animals. The problem is that from June to October, it's too freakin' hot to play golf in Florida, so there's that.

3. Aulani. Perfect resort in a perfect location. But the grounds aren't that large, and I'm a little concerned that I'd get tired of water slides and a lazy river. And snorkeling. And looking at the golf course across the street, which I would petition the warden to allow me to use; but alas, my request would undoubtedly be denied because the warden is a hard man and runs a tight ship.

Last edited:
I'm having a tough time choosing my prison, but I think I've narrowed it down the three:

1. AKV. Location and transportation aside, it's my favorite hotel in the world, mainly because there's nothing else like it anywhere. The savannah is so peaceful, and I don't think I'd ever get tired of watching the animals. The lobby is amazing, and I love the cultural representatives working there (at least pre-COVID). And the quality and variety of dining is incredible - Jiko, Boma, and Sanaa - are you kidding me?

2. SSR. Basically living at a country club (prison), complete with a spa and golf course. Dining is weak, but if I can arrange to have meals smuggled in from DS, then I'm good. And I think working on my golf game would be more stimulating than just watching animals. The problem is that from June to October, it's too freakin' hot to play golf in Florida, so there's that.

3. Aulani. Perfect resort in a perfect location. But the grounds aren't that large, and I'm a little concerned that I'd get tired of water slides and a lazy river. And snorkeling. And looking at the golf course across the street, which I would petition the warden to allow me to use; but alas, my request would undoubtedly be denied because the warden is a hard man and runs a tight ship.
This is tough…

My first thought was immediately a GV at Aulani, but…

I think I may have to go with a GV at SSR. The access to the golf course is a major plus as well as having some of the best pools on property. Dining is underrated. Turf Club is OK, and I do like Artist’s Palette, but the grill at the Paddock and the hidden Chip n Dales Cafe would keep me going.

All that said, I would have to petition the warden to allow Gideon’s to be accessed by SSR inmates…

This was my thought as well. Originally I was going to say Poly but then I was like wait a second, I could just get the real thing in Hawaii instead LOL.

For us instead of Monkey Pod I just want poke from Foodland delivered. Daily.

This is a fun topic I missed before! I need a prison with a spa. If anywhere, Aulani in an OV GV. The food, spa, beach, activities, weather… I could be happy there for a long, long time. If WDW, VGF in a GV. Even though it’s a small spa, it still has a spa, plus all the dining options (V&A!!), shopping, fireworks views, boats..

If DLR, it would be a GV at VGC since they have Tenaya Spa, plus all the dining options, and a view of WoC. Plus it also offers the options of crashing weddings and conventions. And if resort activities are allowed, then I think there’s a loophole for going in the parks, since they have fitness classes in DCA/DL. I could make a run for it and hide in the park somewhere after yoga at Space Mountain.

Well, wherever it is, at least we'll get a full room cleaning every week. Will be tough livin. 🌴🍹

I would have to petition the warden to allow Gideon’s to be accessed by SSR inmates…
I just want poke from Foodland delivered. Daily
And if resort activities are allowed, then I think there’s a loophole for going in the parks, since they have fitness classes in DCA/DL.
:rolleyes2 *sigh*
This is HARD time, folks. You can't have anything that doesn't come from the resort...and SHEESH...do I have to say it...you can't just wander off the resort property when you feel a notion. Ain'tcha never heard of a PRISON before!
  • Thou shalt not have Gideon's treats (unless they open a Gideon's at the resort)
  • Nor shalt thou have daily poke deliveries. (Maybe some Foodland grocery deliveries...but only weekly)
  • The Theme Parks are right out!

I'd go with a GV at VGF. The food options are good, along with the pools. It would be nice to take a boat out every once in a while. The grounds are spacious enough and the GV would be comfortable. There is a little music in the lobby, but I would love the orchestra to return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter