I've fallen in love with the VGF - TR (pics from Jan. trip, 2/23, p.22)

I've read that they are very accomodating but do you think they'll have enough for a vegetarian to eat? She'll be happy with the cheese and dessert selections but I'm wondering about the rest. I know I'm over thinking it and we'll have a great time.

I've read some reviews that said they were very Vegetarian friendly. I would stop by and talk to the Remy folks ahead of time (maybe when you first board when they are taking reservations) so they know for sure.

Jill in CO

I've read some reviews that said they were very Vegetarian friendly. I would stop by and talk to the Remy folks ahead of time (maybe when you first board when they are taking reservations) so they know for sure.

Jill in CO

That's exactly what I was thinking to do as well. I'm going to have to do it on the sly so mom doesn't get suspicious :laughing:

Totally off topic but I'm excited so want to share:

Yesterday I made the final payment for the Mothers Day Cruise that I'm taking mom on in May so I was able to book my extras.

The highest on my list was to book Remy for actual Mothers Day and it was still available so I booked that at 7:10. That way we should still be able to catch the evening show at 6:00 and not get out of dinner too late. It says it's a three hour event so I'm curious how that will go. Super excited since mom and I love delicious food. I called DCL to ask them to put her as a vegetarian but there was nothing special they could do specifically for Remy, just put her as a vegetarian meal for the whole cruise. Usually I would have done that when booking but it got past me this time. I've heard so many fabulous reviews of this place I know we'll enjoy it whatever they serve us. I have not told her about this, I'm hoping I can keep it a secret until we walk up to the restaurant. :)

I also booked our excursion for Cozumel, it's a ruins and beach tour. We'll have an hour tour of some amazing ruins, then a 40 minute drive around the island while we make our way to a beach club where we'll stay for 90 minutes. I've been to Cozumel before and have seen the ruins we'll be seeing, I know mom will love them. And we'll also get in a little swimming so that will be great. This excursion starts at 11:15 so we'll still be able to sleep in and have a relaxing morning.

I also booked Palo for Pirate Night at 7:30 so we'll be able to catch the fireworks afterwards. Mom really enjoys seeing the CMs dressed up but neither of us find much to eat on the Pirate menu so this will be great. She does know about this, I called her before making the reservation just to make sure she'd be ok missing the MDR.

Probably the biggest thing I did yesterday was change us from a 5E to a 9C. It saved $350, mom was ok not having a balcony for $350. That might not seem much for some but it was a bit when I needed to make a big last payment. Now we're at the bow which is right below Satelite Falls and the spa where we intended to spend a lot of time anyway so this will be great.

I also booked the flights which I had been putting off for a while. I figured I should nab them before the prices went up. We'll be arriving at 8:30 Friday morning and spending that night at BCV. So we'll have the entire day to enjoy SAB and the F & G festival. I have Via Napoli booked for dinner, we enjoyed that so much in December.

Going home I booked us 8:20 so will also have most of that last day to enjoy as well. The only thing left to do is buy DCL transfers to/from the port.

This trip and the one I'm doing in March are only 32 days apart so lots of excitement going on :hyper:

I am glad that your plans are falling in place. Well done on saving some money. We absolutely adored BCV and had so much fun at Stormalong Bay.

Corinna

It was so sad when he was telling us about the dragon, you could tell his feelings were totally genuine. The animals at AK are definitely in a good place.

Thanks about the photos :)

Can I ask a question about Chankanaab? I'm not sure if I'll do an animal swim or just go to swim in the ocean. I know I'd have to pre-order the animal swim but do I need to pre-order a plain entrance ticket?

No, you don't have to pre-order a ticket for Chankanaab. As you get to the entrance plaza, there is a ticket booth on your right. You can just walk up and pay for your ticket. That is what we are going to do in May.

Corinna

No, you don't have to pre-order a ticket for Chankanaab. As you get to the entrance plaza, there is a ticket booth on your right. You can just walk up and pay for your ticket. That is what we are going to do in May.

Corinna

Excellent, that takes the pressure off. I had originally decided to stay onboard but as we're getting closer Im thinking it will be nice to go swim in the ocean.

I am glad that your plans are falling in place. Well done on saving some money. We absolutely adored BCV and had so much fun at Stormalong Bay.

Corinna

SAB is the main reason I wanted to stay at BCV, mom also likes being close to Epcot.

I was happy to save with the stateroom change, and fun to see a different category. The new room is actually bigger since it's right at the bow of the ship.

Hiya! :wave:

Got a little behind, but now I'm all caught up. GREAT pics as usual! AK use to be my least favorite park, but it's slowly but surely making its way to the top. It's so different than the other parks, so guess it's really not fair of me to compare.

Very excited for your new cruise dates!!!!:woohoo: Sounds like loads of fun!!! The TR will fabulous, I'm sure;) Already looking forward to it.

That tiger pic is super cool, too!

And Yay for so many cruise, such little time (between the two of them). You must be so excited! :cheer2:

Just jumping in to say that I dined at Remy and asked for a 100% vegetarian menu and it was phenomenal
Have no hesitation in dining there as a vegetarian - you will both love it :)

Lovely pictures of the room! We just returned from the Villas and in room 1514. Such a wonderful space. Loved the location of it.

Wish there was more storage. The drawer under the bed was big enough for my clothes, but only because my husband and DD never unpacked their stuff and left it in the suitcase and bag. More room for me!

I even slept on the Murphy bed one night. DD wanted to try it out and then woke up about 2 and crawled into the big bed. Since we didn't pull out the couch it was the only place for me to go. A little nerve wracking-was afraid I was going to hit my head on the top of it!

Great updates!

Oh dear re your friend not wanting to do EE! She missed a treat but maybe saved your pizza lunch! How sad about the kimodo dragon but touching to know that he died of old age and the CM care so deeply. Aren't the bats just the best! With their sonic abilities and almost alien looks!

Pretty Tiger!

How wonderful about your Mothers day cruise. Great score to get Remy's for actual Mother's day. Mom will be thrilled! That Cozumel excursion sounds the perfect balance between sights of the ruins which must be fascinating I am picturing something out of Raiders of the lost ark! And beach rest :-) is this on mothers day also!

Good move on Palo's for Pirate night. Although like your Mom we love the theming the menu was meh!

You will not miss the verendah with $350 in your pocket imao. Just go up on deck to enjoy a glorious view on a daybed!

Oh lucky catching F&G I just adore the topiary and last year they had a butterfly enclosure with fairies in it. So cute! They did those gift bands on your wrists like at F & W which was cool.

How brilliant to get BCV :-) enjoy!

Just finished reading your TR and your OKW trip updates. Great photos! Seems like you & your mom really had a good time. The last trip my mom went on was in Oct 2003. I've been trying ever since to get her back. She turned 80 this past October, but is in really good shape for her age, and totally with it. The only thing is that she wouldn't be able to tolerate walking due to a problem resulting from hip replacement surgery. Her sciatic nerve was damaged during the surgery, causing permanent food drop, so she has to wear a brace, and her lower leg and foot are numb almost all the time. I told her I would love for her to do another Disney trip with me, just her & I, and I'd gladly push her in a wheelchair. She'd never do a scooter. She just won't agree. She said she misses walking too much and wouldn't have fun. Those darn stubborn Italian mothers!!! :)

Hiya! :wave:

Got a little behind, but now I'm all caught up. GREAT pics as usual! AK use to be my least favorite park, but it's slowly but surely making its way to the top. It's so different than the other parks, so guess it's really not fair of me to compare.

Hi Heather! :) I'm glad AK has worn you down, I absolutely love that place. Exactly what you said, it's so different from the others.

Very excited for your new cruise dates!!!!:woohoo: Sounds like loads of fun!!! The TR will fabulous, I'm sure;) Already looking forward to it.

Put the pressure on me why don't you! :laughing: I don't know what I'm going to do in the TR department. I'm getting so excited I can't wait :drive:

That tiger pic is super cool, too!

And Yay for so many cruise, such little time (between the two of them). You must be so excited! :cheer2:

I like that tiger one too, they almost look calm enough to cuddle.

I'm beyond excited, I almost can't stand it! :hyper: I keep telling Jenny, I'm ready to go right now! :)

Just jumping in to say that I dined at Remy and asked for a 100% vegetarian menu and it was phenomenal
Have no hesitation in dining there as a vegetarian - you will both love it :)

Thank you so much for this, my mind is now at ease. Did you let them know beforehand that you wanted a veggie meal? I'm wondering if I need to let them know the day before. It's on the reservation, not sure if I should do more than that.

Now I'm even more excited knowing she'll be blown away :)

Lovely pictures of the room! We just returned from the Villas and in room 1514. Such a wonderful space. Loved the location of it.

Wish there was more storage. The drawer under the bed was big enough for my clothes, but only because my husband and DD never unpacked their stuff and left it in the suitcase and bag. More room for me!

I even slept on the Murphy bed one night. DD wanted to try it out and then woke up about 2 and crawled into the big bed. Since we didn't pull out the couch it was the only place for me to go. A little nerve wracking-was afraid I was going to hit my head on the top of it!

Wasn't that view gorgeous! I can't wait to go back, of course mom wants that exact room again. I tried to explain that was very unlikely.

Yep, mom had plenty of room since I didn't unpack either. They need more storage that's for sure.

The Murphy bed looked small! Hope you had a good nights sleep :)

Great updates!

Oh dear re your friend not wanting to do EE! She missed a treat but maybe saved your pizza lunch! How sad about the kimodo dragon but touching to know that he died of old age and the CM care so deeply. Aren't the bats just the best! With their sonic abilities and almost alien looks!

Pretty Tiger!

To be honest I wasn't too disappointed about missing EE myself, too often I leave with a headache. But I would have loved for her to see al the great details.

I love those bats, they are so cool. I think they're cute too but I know I'm in the minority.

How wonderful about your Mothers day cruise. Great score to get Remy's for actual Mother's day. Mom will be thrilled! That Cozumel excursion sounds the perfect balance between sights of the ruins which must be fascinating I am picturing something out of Raiders of the lost ark! And beach rest :-) is this on mothers day also!

Either she's going to be shocked, or say 'I had a feeling this is what we'd be doing tonight'. It's hard to get anything past that mom :) Cozumel is the day after Mothers Day, so that'll be perfect. We'll have a late dinner, be able to sleep in the next day, and do the excursion at 11:15.

Good move on Palo's for Pirate night. Although like your Mom we love the theming the menu was meh!

I think vid ordered the same thing each time, it's gotten old rather quickly. Now if it was a menu I drooled over it would another matter entirely.

You will not miss the verendah with $350 in your pocket imao. Just go up on deck to enjoy a glorious view on a daybed!

It'll be perfect, now we're at the front of the ship, and a short elevator ride takes us right to Satellite Falls.

Oh lucky catching F&G I just adore the topiary and last year they had a butterfly enclosure with fairies in it. So cute! They did those gift bands on your wrists like at F & W which was cool.

F & G is one of moms favorite times to go, so I'm glad we'll be catching the tail end of it.

How brilliant to get BCV :-) enjoy!

SAB here we come!

Just finished reading your TR and your OKW trip updates. Great photos! Seems like you & your mom really had a good time. The last trip my mom went on was in Oct 2003. I've been trying ever since to get her back. She turned 80 this past October, but is in really good shape for her age, and totally with it. The only thing is that she wouldn't be able to tolerate walking due to a problem resulting from hip replacement surgery. Her sciatic nerve was damaged during the surgery, causing permanent food drop, so she has to wear a brace, and her lower leg and foot are numb almost all the time. I told her I would love for her to do another Disney trip with me, just her & I, and I'd gladly push her in a wheelchair. She'd never do a scooter. She just won't agree. She said she misses walking too much and wouldn't have fun. Those darn stubborn Italian mothers!!! :)

We have a blast together. I do so hope you can convince your mom to go back. These are memories I know I'll cherish forever.

Wouldn't have fun? You've got to get her back to prove her wrong! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter