• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got my SWGE reservation email

I want to know how they are going to enforce the time period. Aren't they predicting 6 hours lines and offering bathroom passes? If I have a reservation that ends at noon, and I join a line for an attraction at 11:30 am, can they really force me out of the line?

I think the six-hour lines and bathroom passes are for when it opens to the general public, not the preview period. The CM I spoke with said that times will be enforced with different colored wrist bands. I doubt very much they will force anyone out of line, but they may stop you from getting in line at 11:55 if your time expires at noon. Hopefully the rules on that will be clarified a bit as we go forward.

I just got my updated email also.
Our GE time is now June 8th, 8:00 - 12.
Our hotel dates are correctly listed as June 7th to June 8th.

I want to know how they are going to enforce the time period. Aren't they predicting 6 hours lines and offering bathroom passes? If I have a reservation that ends at noon, and I join a line for an attraction at 11:30 am, can they really force me out of the line?
I don’t believe they’re expecting 6 hour lines. That is the point of reservation system. To keep the traffic under control & the lines reasonable. I’m sure it will still be a little crazy, but the reservation system will make a huge difference.

I don’t believe they’re expecting 6 hour lines. That is the point of reservation system. To keep the traffic under control & the lines reasonable. I’m sure it will still be a little crazy, but the reservation system will make a huge difference.

Yeah, we have a theory that with a 4 hour time frame they are probably expecting 2 hour wait for the ride and 2 hours or shopping and wandering around.

I just got my updated email also.
Our GE time is now June 8th, 8:00 - 12.
Our hotel dates are correctly listed as June 7th to June 8th.

dont forget to add your details to our June 2019 Check In thread :)

Yeah, we have a theory that with a 4 hour time frame they are probably expecting 2 hour wait for the ride and 2 hours or shopping and wandering around.
I doubt the ride lines will be long at all. They'll give out a specific time for people to ride the ride and they'll space the crowds out that way. That way you don't get a rush at the beginning or end.

Disney wants to you shop and shop and spend more money so let's hope the lines aren't long - for their sake and ours.

Got my corrected E-mail too.

My gut tells me we are better off in the reservation period, than going right after it opens to the general public, but I guess that depends on how many reservations they make available for the general public. My hope is that the reservation system will keep the rest of the park from being flooded with crowds trying to see Star Wars land--- BUT, that depends on how well publicized it is that you can't get into the Land without a reservation I suppose. I expect the ride line will still be long--- but hopefully not 3 or more hours long.

OKAY..... NOW I just received our updated email with correct checkin/checkout and now SWGE ressie has CHANGED to our CHECKOUT JUNE 22ND 8am to 12pm time!! :teacher:
We can STILL hang with it no problem! :D Although it does not matter after June 23rd we still have VGC ressies the following weekend so.... how does the reservation system work ON MAY 2ND ? :rolleyes1

Should I be concerned that I haven't received ANY email? Not even an incorrect one? My reservation is at DGC and I've had it since before the announcement was made. I'm freaking out a little bit!

I doubt the ride lines will be long at all. They'll give out a specific time for people to ride the ride and they'll space the crowds out that way. That way you don't get a rush at the beginning or end.

Unfortunately a system like that would only work if the ride never broke down. All experience with prior E ticket rides is that it is likely to break down frequently in the first few weeks. I think the line will build for that reason, especially for people with reservations later in the day.

Should I be concerned that I haven't received ANY email? Not even an incorrect one? My reservation is at DGC and I've had it since before the announcement was made. I'm freaking out a little bit!
Do you mean VGC? If so, I don’t think any DVC emails have gone out yet.

I also have a reservation booked with DVC points and received no email at all :sad1:, so of course I panicked and called Member Services and was on hold for 15 minutes. I was told to call the Galaxy's Edge number, and was reading this thread while I was on hold for 40 minutes and contemplated hanging up. The cast member who answered told me that we indeed have a reservation on the day after our checkin, and that it was at 8:00 AM. I actually asked to switch it to 11:00 AM, because no one in my family ever wakes up early. I realize now that it will be more crowded at 11:00 with the overlap from the 8:00 AM crowd, but oh well, I am not sure what to do about that. If we were rope drop people, 8:00 AM would be totally fine. Sigh. Anyhow, she said it would take 24 hours to get a confirmation email? I am skeptical since I never got the first email. It seems like no DVC members booking with DVC points have received emails yet according to this thread?

Are you on gmail? Gmail filed mine in the promotions tab. I searched Disneyland and it popped up. Never would have seen it had it not been for the DIS.

This !! I actually was panicking at first because i didn't see it amd both the original and the updated one showed up under promotions.

My updated email is correct and now have the reservation for June 3rd from 8am - 12 noon so I'm soooo happy! I actually told my husband today while waiting in line for Mickey and the Magical Map as I kept asking the last few days how excited he is for SWGE, NOW he is haha !

I searched Disneyland and it popped
Thank you for this suggestion! Sadly, though, didn't work. I don't have anything. The sender is "Disneyland"? Can someone give me the number to call that's on the email? Might as well try to sit on hold like everyone once...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter