No WOC 9-14? (Black hole week)

I wonder if they are taking it out now to refurb? Seems odd.

Sometimes it also takes time for the dates to all show up. DLR is weird like that. The times may pop up later.
Well, it is black hole week, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was taken out to "refurbish" :stir: Although that would be a real bummer since there is already so many rides down and now only the Frozen show for entertainment during the day (at DCA) now that the play parade is gone.

Really hoping they add it back in, we have never seen it before. :sad1:

Well folks, the day has officially come when Disneyland released the 9/14 schedule, and yes, DCA closes as 5pm. I was really hoping they would extend DL hours as a result, but they are not (still closes at 8)

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/20170914/

Did anyone find out why there is no Pixar parade this week?!? I have never seen it and was looking forward to it as basically all the other entertainment is gone this time of year?

The booths being possible set up for Halloween was a good guess though, so maybe that is it!

"Disneyland’s Cafe Orleans to Add Fantasmic! Dining Package

With a refurbishment scheduled soon for River Belle Terrace, Disneyland Park has made plans to add Fantasmic! Dining Packages to Cafe Orleans.

Beginning September 5th and continuing through November 16th, Cafe Orleans will serve a three-course meal that includes access to a reserved viewing area for Fantasmic!. The regular menu will still be available for guests that don’t want the package."

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disneylands-cafe-orleans-to-add-fantasmic-dining-package/

My vacation begins on Labor Day, which is my birthday. I did not realize that the first week in September had such short hours. I arrive on Sunday, and have a five day park hopper. I am now thinking that I may take Wednesday off as one of my touring days, and then I can be in the parks for three nights of Fantasmic. 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. is a short Disneyland day, but it does mean that I can sleep later three days of my trip. Even on my early entry day of either Tuesday or Thursday. Wednesday would then become a day to just chill and visit Downtown Disney, which I rarely have time for.

Last edited:

"Disneyland’s Cafe Orleans to Add Fantasmic! Dining Package

With a refurbishment scheduled soon for River Belle Terrace, Disneyland Park has made plans to add Fantasmic! Dining Packages to Cafe Orleans.

Beginning September 5th and continuing through November 16th, Cafe Orleans will serve a three-course meal that includes access to a reserved viewing area for Fantasmic!. The regular menu will still be available for guests that don’t want the package."

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disneylands-cafe-orleans-to-add-fantasmic-dining-package/

I'd be willing to try this out on the weekend of our trip. Cajun/creole food for less money than BB. Probably the same food actually. Don't see that they've Added it to the reservations list yet though.

My vacation begins on Labor Day, which is my birthday. I did not realize that the first week in September had such short hours. I arrive on Sunday, and have a five day park hopper. I am now thinking that I may take Wednesday off as one of my touring days, and then I can be in the parks for three nights of Fantasmic. 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. is a short Disneyland day, but it does mean that I can sleep later three days of my trip. Even on my early entry day of either Tuesday or Thursday. Wednesday would then become a day to just chill and visit Downtown Disney, which I rarely have time for.

I was planning for lighter hours for my birthday week (9/9-9/13) but was also thinking along the same lines as you. We arrive on the weekend so we can exhaust ourselves over the first two days then take it a little easier with parks opening at 10am during the week

Great news about cafe Orleans! But in bad news, just saw that Goofy's sky school will be closed on Aug 21st-???? Added that to the master list. Sad! I have never rode that one either.

I'd be willing to try this out on the weekend of our trip. Cajun/creole food for less money than BB. Probably the same food actually. Don't see that they've Added it to the reservations list yet though.
it will be available for bookings starting on August 15.

Was looking at my schedule for our trip 9/9-9/13 and noticed that all of a sudden the Pixar Play Parade is now missing from the calendar after August 20 (same day MSEP disappears). I know the PPP was on there before, but only on the weekends. I hope they haven't pulled the plug on that one too

Was looking at my schedule for our trip 9/9-9/13 and noticed that all of a sudden the Pixar Play Parade is now missing from the calendar after August 20 (same day MSEP disappears). I know the PPP was on there before, but only on the weekends. I hope they haven't pulled the plug on that one too
Noticed that too :(
I'm guessing it's accurate. We were hoping to catch it on 9/10. Yet another thing to add to the list

Pretty sure the parade isn't getting replaced when we go there. The only night time entertainment will be WOC at DCA during the week (F! + fireworks at DL only on the weekends)

Also, Cafe Orleans is officially replacing RBT for F! Dining packages but unfortunately, it might be standing only instead of sitting due to F! We shall see.

The entertainment schedule is very sparse for this week, so hopefully they haven't finalized things and there will be a few more things added. My kids will be devastated if Disney Jr. isn't playing that week. So far it says "schedule unavailable", but it is not getting refurbished that I can see, so I am being hopeful.

Feel free to update if you hear anything else as this black hole week gets closer.

According to a performer in the Pixar parade, this Sunday (8/20) is the last performance until it goes over to DL. :-(

According to a performer in the Pixar parade, this Sunday (8/20) is the last performance until it goes over to DL. :-(
My guess is that between the food booths for the holidays and the Pixar pier conversion the parade won't be able to run. They had this problem last year when ToT converted to Gaurdians and with the last 2 F&W and the holidays festival.

DL is making it VERY easy to plan my vacation. With tons of good rides down, little to no parades, restaurants closed, not much strategizing needed!

What booths will there be for the holidays? Just wondering if there will be special Halloween offerings!

What booths will there be for the holidays? Just wondering if there will be special Halloween offerings!
They will have to announce the booth before we know what's going on. They've been different every time.

So I am trying to be optimistic about this. We are flying in and had everything booked before the dates came out- it would really be nice for DL to release this stuff earlier or not make people pay high prices when so much is reduced, but we're booked and surprising my daughter for her birthday which falls on these dates. We already added a 3rd day, going to the parks on the day we fly in so we can see WOC since one of our original 2 days is the 14th when the DCA closes at 5pm. We could barely afford 2 days, so adding a 3rd is pretty hard on us, all for less parades and entertainment overall... but I still hope the kids love it and I hope maybe Disney throws some extra characters or extra fun in the mix to make up for some of the bummers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter