Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to tell you exactly what will happen. Kids are going to get hot with their mask on for several hours straight in Florida heat. They will cry and get upset. Mom and dad will get sick of the complaining and let the kid take the mask off. Then the CMs says the kid has to put the mask back on. Then it turns into a fight. The parents stand their ground. The CMs give up. Then other people see kids not wearing a mask. So they take it off their kids. Then the adults see the kids not wearing masks and start taking it off. Then the mask-lovers all get upset that people not wearing masks aren’t being roughed up and kicked out.

Meanwhile, security is too busy at the front of the park touching everyone’s bags with the same gloved hand.

This mask policy will be the worst mistake Disney ever made. It’s going to cause tons of problems.

It’s almost like it’s a less than ideal decision made due to circumstances beyond their control...

the biggest thing determining my trip is having a positive antibody test personally, regardless of anything else. Even though my partner and I are both in low risk groups and in mid 20s with no children and can easily isolate for 14 days when we get back while working remotely, we'd both feel a lot better about the whole thing if we were able to get reliable positive antibody tests. Not that I think Disney should track that or anything, but yeah that's our personal first "gate" to get through before we take a trip!

Good question! And not something we have discussed on this thread much. I am guessing that face painting at AKL is going to be out . . . . Maybe they could do mask art?

I don't think they will be able to have pool games, but I don't know. We were given pool guidance for our HOA that said no pool games were allowed. 😕 I am not sure why. You could play Disney trivia or Name that Tune and maintain social distancing. I guess anything you have to touch that others touch is out- like hula hoop contests and Bingo.

Are marshmallow roasts out? How about outdoor movies?

Resort activities are so much fun. It will be sad to see how many of them don't exist for a while.

I totally forgot about the marshmallow roasts!! AND the movies!
ARGH.
they would definitely still be able to do poolside trivia - but I guess we will see how this pans out. I am fine with just hitting the parks for 2-3 hours in a mask and then spending the rest of the time at the pool/resort as long as there are still things happening. Food service/bar service etc.

Just wanted to comment on this part. I do hope that after we get past this virus (vaccine or whatever form it takes) that some of the new procedures like let's wipe down a credit card reader between people and stuff like that stays around. While this is a bad situation there are lessons we can learn and continue to do going forward in terms of sanitation and just being more careful about touching things. That doesn't mean things like nigh vision goggles can't be done but hopefully going forward we are safer about cleaning things. That may be a good takeaway from this whole situation.

so I have been saying this a lot - everyone thought people knew about hand washing before but we are all at next level hand wash Supreme Wash Master. My 5 year old is washing his hands on his own - without us having to remind him -as a habit at this point. It’s already in his little noggin.

I think just being aware of what you have touched and needing to wash your hands is probably one of the best lessons we will walk away with.

I’m going to tell you exactly what will happen. Kids are going to get hot with their mask on for several hours straight in Florida heat. They will cry and get upset. Mom and dad will get sick of the complaining and let the kid take the mask off. Then the CMs says the kid has to put the mask back on. Then it turns into a fight. The parents stand their ground. The CMs give up. Then other people see kids not wearing a mask. So they take it off their kids. Then the adults see the kids not wearing masks and start taking it off. Then the mask-lovers all get upset that people not wearing masks aren’t being roughed up and kicked out.

Meanwhile, security is too busy at the front of the park touching everyone’s bags with the same gloved hand.

This mask policy will be the worst mistake Disney ever made. It’s going to cause tons of problems.
Every single post of yours is complaining of Florida's heat. Everyone knows Florida is hot, always has been. Why do you insist on coming somewhere you find so miserable? Go to DL where it's not humid, you'll be a lot less angry

Every single post of yours is complaining of Florida's heat. Everyone knows Florida is hot, always has been. Why do you insist on coming somewhere you find so miserable? Go to DL where it's not humid, you'll be a lot less angry

I don't find Florida miserable. I find wearing a mask in 95 degree heat and humidity for several hours straight to be quite miserable.

Plus apparently Disneyland isn't reopening until there is a vaccine.
LA just extended their lockdown another 3 months and no end in sight.

I don't find Florida miserable. I find wearing a mask in 95 degree heat and humidity for several hours straight to be quite miserable.

Plus apparently Disneyland isn't reopening until there is a vaccine.
LA just extended their lockdown another 3 months and no end in sight.

Good thing Disneyland isnt in LA county. Orange County has not announced any such extension. There is also no concrete evidence that says they wont open until theres a vaccine

Also we are pretty much ruling out being able to walk in the parks with food right? Because the mask needs to stay on...so how would that work?
So maybe if I buy a dole whip in MK I just have to sit down?
I don’t know if walking with food was discussed in relation to modified experience but I would imagine maybe that’s another reason why Epcot was rumored to not be opening at the same time?

Good thing Disneyland isnt in LA county. Orange County has not announced any such extension. There is also no concrete evidence that says they wont open until theres a vaccine

California won't allow theme parks to reopen until the final phase, which will require a cure or a vaccine. Even already the NFL is looking for ways to move their teams out of the state this year because the state may not let them play.
Then you have Dr. Fauci today testifying in congress saying kids probably can't go back to school in the fall.

So its not safe for kids to go back to school, but Disney is going to reopen?

Disneyland is not reopening anytime soon.....

California won't allow theme parks to reopen until the final phase, which will require a cure or a vaccine. Even already the NFL is looking for ways to move their teams out of the state this year because the state may not let them play.
Then you have Dr. Fauci today testifying in congress saying kids probably can't go back to school in the fall.

I think the hard lines around "until there is a vaccine" won't last long term. A vaccine at best won't be really available until January (maybe emergency use in the fall). There is no way that California will be able to be locked down for the rest of 2020.

Not political - but at some point we will have to open.

I’m not really getting the potential issue with stroller parking? If anything the worst part would be the CM’s touching everyone’s handles rearranging the strollers. The lots are full of strollers not people, distancing would be fine I think.
I think it’s just ppl who like to take jabs at the strollers looking for another reason to complain about them b/c God forbid ppl take their little kids to a place built specifically for families.

I live in Louisiana where it’s just as hot. You learn to suck it up if you want to do anything besides sit inside all day during the mos of may-oct. But adding something else to sucks up still sucks.

I’m sorry it really has reached a level of hysteria at this point. Mask Hysteria 😂

the biggest thing determining my trip is having a positive antibody test personally, regardless of anything else. Even though my partner and I are both in low risk groups and in mid 20s with no children and can easily isolate for 14 days when we get back while working remotely, we'd both feel a lot better about the whole thing if we were able to get reliable positive antibody tests. Not that I think Disney should track that or anything, but yeah that's our personal first "gate" to get through before we take a trip!
To have a positive antibody test that means you have already had the virus, are you saying you won't go until you have had Covid19?

To have a positive antibody test that means you have already had the virus, are you saying you won't go until you have had Covid19?
yes, as I'd then not feel anxious about it while I'm there. Until then, id personally not feel comfortable while there (both from a getting it standpoint and a worried about transferring it if I'm carrying it at that time and asymptomatic)

I find it interesting that everyone seems to have a different breaking point in which they would decide to cancel a trip. For some it’s no pools, for others it’s no TS. Some would cancel if masks are required while others may cancel if they aren’t. Etc. Etc.

For me I think it would be the mask requirement, if nighttime shows were cancelled, and to a lesser degree if there is no TS. I understand that Disney will do whatever they need to do to give both CMs and guests a feeling of safety. If I’m going to spend $6k for my family of 5, my choice would be to postpone our trip until a time when things are more “normal”.

We basically share the same breaking point - masks, pools, no fireworks, no TS

I also worry about the Disney transportation - we have waited ( particularly for DS) 35-40 mins for a bus (in either direction) over the past few years - even at a reduced capacity, with social distancing on the busses, it might take forever to get a bus - and I will assume there would be no standing on the bus unless it's empty - can't really social distance on a bus when ppl are seated

I’m not really getting the potential issue with stroller parking? If anything the worst part would be the CM’s touching everyone’s handles rearranging the strollers. The lots are full of strollers not people, distancing would be fine I think.

Also - the reason for the mask requirement is because it won’t always be possible to social distance. You might have to stand next to someone for 25 second while you park a stroller and that’s what the mask is for! Standing next to someone briefly while you park or pick up an empty stroller is a lot safer than standing next to them for an extended period somewhere else.

Nah, they should just need to stand there and accept being punched in the face
Street fights between cast and guests isn’t the answer either.

Of course, what I said had nothing to do with cast being physically assaulted.

Masks and pools are definitely dealbreakers for me. Have they said pools won't reopen? I know Chapek said masks will likely be required so I may as well cancel my late June/July trip regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter